What Means L In A Tab?
MirkoSchmidt
Oct 10 2009, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
hey, want to learn a lession and theres a L in the tab -------10---L---- ... something like this.
i cant see the instructor doing anything, what does the L mean???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 10 2009, 07:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Here you go I believe this is correct biggrin.gif

Tied note. Hold the preceding note for the indicated duration of the preceding note, plus the indicated duration of the tied note (L). For example, if the preceding note is a quarter note and the tied note is an eighth note, play the note for a quarter beat plus an eighth beat.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Oct 10 2009, 07:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
aaahhhhh, ok, many thanks for the fast reply... that expalins why i cant see the instructor doing anything!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 10 2009, 07:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MirkoSchmidt @ Oct 10 2009, 07:10 PM) *
aaahhhhh, ok, many thanks for the fast reply... that expalins why i cant see the instructor doing anything!

Your Welcome smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 10 2009, 07:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's easy to think of it as "(L)et ring" ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Oct 10 2009, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
I am thinking there just ought to be a FAQ thread or something like ... I have only been here a month and have seen the same question asked quite a few times already! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Neurologi: Oct 10 2009, 07:51 PM

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 10 2009, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Oct 10 2009, 01:51 PM) *
I am thinking there just ought to be a FAQ thread or something like ... I have only been here a month and have seen the same question asked quite a few times already! smile.gif

The full tab legend has also been posted quite a few times already! smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Oct 10 2009, 08:04 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Oct 10 2009, 09:55 PM) *
The full tab legend has also been posted quite a few times already! smile.gif

Haha. I bet saves on follow-up questions there, eh? wink.gif

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:48 AM