What Books Do You Like?
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 06:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've been looking for a new book to read. So far my favorite is Heroine Diaries. What are some of your favorite books?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 12 2008, 06:59 PM
GMC:er
1984, Farenheir 412 (or whatever the number is), Brave New World, The Dice Man, The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, The Deed of Paksenarrion, and some others.

You've probably read some of them since many of them are considered classics, but if you haven't check it out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jun 12 2008, 12:59 PM) *
1984, Farenheir 412 (or whatever the number is), Brave New World, The Dice Man, The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, The Deed of Paksenarrion, and some others.

You've probably read some of them since many of them are considered classics, but if you haven't check it out.

cool man ill check into it

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jun 12 2008, 09:05 PM
anthony kiedis autobiography is good smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 12 2008, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jun 12 2008, 12:05 PM) *
anthony kiedis autobiography is good smile.gif

I wanna read that and The Heroin Diaries.

Steven King's "Thinner" is really good and I was reading "The Ruins" for awhile and then stopped.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 12 2008, 09:28 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Just finished reading "Kiss the Girls" by James Patterson- check that one out, it was awesome.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 09:29 PM
well i like biographies about musicians mostly but i really want to read the one about marilyn manson and his life before being the self proclaimed antichrist superstar

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jun 12 2008, 09:32 PM
i wanna read the slash book

+Quote Post
SamJ
Jun 12 2008, 09:35 PM
All Chuck Palahniuk books.

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 12 2008, 09:35 PM
Instructor
all fantasy literature, tolkien, david eddings, anne rice... and many many others!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 12 2008, 09:37 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 12 2008, 03:35 PM) *
all fantasy literature, tolkien, david eddings, anne rice... and many many others!

the hobbit is one of my favorite books its a shame they didnt make a movie of it i would have like to compare them as i did the lord of the rings movies with the books.

to nick 325

i also want to read it im going to the local book store today to buy it for my dad because he wanted to read it(fathers day present)

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 12 2008, 10:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Catcher in the Rye , stuff from Charles Bukowski too wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 13 2008, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 12 2008, 04:57 PM) *
Catcher in the Rye , stuff from Charles Bukowski too wink.gif

My friend read that book and she said it was great!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 13 2008, 02:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The Eyes Of God
The Devils Armor------------John Marco
The Sword Of Angels

Revelation Space
Redemption Ark
Absolution Gap------------Alastair Reynolds
Pushing Ice
Galactic North
The Prefect

Gods Demon ---- Wayne Barlowe

The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell
The Book Of Urizen
The Book Of Ahania ---------------------- William Blake
The Book Of Thel

Dante's Inferno (Divine Comedy) ----- Dante Alighieri

My favorites smile.gif

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jun 13 2008, 02:42 AM
Any historical fiction books or conspiracy books that analyse society and make predictions on it like Ishmael or Things Fall Apart.

I am currently reading Child 44, a huge hit book that just came out about a serial killer in Stalinist Russia who can't be declared to exist because supposebly under Communism, crime can't exist, but it is a man's mission to find the serial killer. There are also many subplots so far (I am only halfway through). But if you get the chance, DEFINATELY pick up this book, it has been easily the top 3 books I have EVER read and I am not even finished.

The best book probably though that I have read so far is The Jungle, this book is quite long but just incredible in its analysis of what it attempts to cover.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 13 2008, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jun 12 2008, 08:42 PM) *
Any historical fiction books or conspiracy books that analyse society and make predictions on it like Ishmael or Things Fall Apart.

I am currently reading Child 44, a huge hit book that just came out about a serial killer in Stalinist Russia who can't be declared to exist because supposebly under Communism, crime can't exist, but it is a man's mission to find the serial killer. There are also many subplots so far (I am only halfway through). But if you get the chance, DEFINATELY pick up this book, it has been easily the top 3 books I have EVER read and I am not even finished.

The best book probably though that I have read so far is The Jungle, this book is quite long but just incredible in its analysis of what it attempts to cover.

hmmm child 44 i'll remember that it sounds good i also like the book the zodiac which is about the zodiac murders. Does anyone know of any books on the murders of lake bodom(where chidren of bodom got there name) if so could you tell me the name of the song i really want to learn about it

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 13 2008, 05:09 AM
I'm reading 'Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follet. A fabulously written fictional account set during the 1100s; one of the best books I've read in a long time.

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 13 2008, 05:42 AM
i'm don't read book ofen but best book form me was book from David Brown..thats the guy who wrote davinci code
but his best book for me is ANGELS AND DEMONS cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Jun 13 2008, 08:44 PM
QUOTE (besip @ Jun 13 2008, 07:42 AM) *
i'm don't read book ofen but best book form me was book from David Brown..thats the guy who wrote davinci code
but his best book for me is ANGELS AND DEMONS cool.gif

Yeah Dan Browns books are great. I heard of antimatter for the first time from Angels and Demons ohmy.gif
Meteor(at least it was it's name translated to finnish) was also really good

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:44 PM