Chris Lord-alge (legendary Producer), Interview with some great advice
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2019, 10:09 AM
GMC:er
This guy has mixed more songs than any human ever. Kidding, but he has mixed a LOT of songs. Here is an interview where he gives some great advice on mixing, effects, production, etc.
I can't agree with everything he says, but he does have a wad of experience and certainly knows his biz. He's not a fan of "mixing in the box" as he's from the old school of using an SSL console and real outboard gear. His mixes have sold millions of copies, so he does know something smile.gif

Here is JP himself interviewed by the same guy from the above vid. He talks about his love of the Boogie IIC+ among other things. I fell in love with that tone from the emulation of it on my 11 rack. Also fell in love with the Soldano tone from the emulation on my 11 rack. Still hope to get one of the JP Boogie amps one day smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 26 2019, 10:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 26 2019, 01:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 26 2019, 10:09 AM) *
Still hope to get one of the JP Boogie amps one day smile.gif

I still want his 1992 "Images & Words" setup one day including his guitar. However that probably all in all adds up to at least about €10000 these days. 10-15 years ago I saw JPM100 models go for about 1000 USD if you were lucky, these days they are nearer 2500-3000 USD from what I can see, except for the P4 model which sits a bit lower. There's a signed "immaculate" (seller's words) JPM90 HAM (different to JPM100) for sale at reverb at the moment. The price is around 6000 USD.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 26 2019, 01:45 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2019, 10:51 PM
GMC:er
That would be a nice rig eh? His JPM models do seem to be a pinch pricey. He does have great taste in amps to be sure. He's kept the best boogies for his touring rigs and he's had wads of them evidently. I did see one of the rack mount boogie preamps that they don't make anymore on one of his tour rigs. Then he went back to full size heads it seems. His custom boogie is very cool. Two EQs is what it should have had all along imho. I'm all for plugins/processors, but there is a bit of magic playing through a real Mark IIC+. smile.gif here is a pic of his rack from that era.
Two rack mount mark II boogies with two preamp rack mount boogies including a triaxis and a boogie FORUMULA (rarely see the formula unit in his racks). Not to mention the ultra harmonizer. This would have cost a small fortune in the day and would still be crazy pricey even today.
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 26 2019, 08:39 AM) *
I still want his 1992 "Images & Words" setup one day including his guitar. However that probably all in all adds up to at least about €10000 these days. 10-15 years ago I saw JPM100 models go for about 1000 USD if you were lucky, these days they are nearer 2500-3000 USD from what I can see, except for the P4 model which sits a bit lower. There's a signed "immaculate" (seller's words) JPM90 HAM (different to JPM100) for sale at reverb at the moment. The price is around 6000 USD.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 26 2019, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 28 2019, 05:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just to share the link, if anyone wants to splash that kind of money on me tongue.gif

https://reverb.com/item/17304919-immaculate...hic-over-flames

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:55 PM