Zomm G2.1 Nu?
badfingers93
Jul 16 2010, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
Hello everyone...i have been thinking about buying a multi-effects unit. I heard that the zoom g2.1 Nu is a good machine. but what difference does it have compared to the older zoom g2.1 u? If there is no difference in quality whatsoever, then i might just get the older one because it's cheaper now...i'm hoping to use this unit while practicing at home, regular jamming in the studio and hopefully some small gigs. I have been using individual pedals and i can get some decent tones but i want to try more effects and sounds for playing different genres of music and also for convenience. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by badfingers93: Jul 16 2010, 09:37 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
twist
Jul 16 2010, 11:12 PM
The G2.1 Nu has some cool stuff the older version does not have. The larger Display is a huge benefit and the software for the pc is a great thing aswell. I think in the overall tone ranges there is not much difference between both units but the later one is definitely far more convenient to operate.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
badfingers93
Jul 17 2010, 09:34 AM
QUOTE (twist @ Jul 16 2010, 10:12 PM) *
The G2.1 Nu has some cool stuff the older version does not have. The larger Display is a huge benefit and the software for the pc is a great thing aswell. I think in the overall tone ranges there is not much difference between both units but the later one is definitely far more convenient to operate.

Hey there, thanks for the help...so that means i can just get the older one and i wouldn't miss out on anything right? i mean besides the larger display and the software. Coz wats important for me is the sound quality, tone and also convenience. I basically just want to use it to record directly to my macbook, practice through my 10 watt amp and regular jamming.

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Jul 17 2010, 10:27 AM
I've had the G2 for a long time and found it to be great for me, I then decided to buy the new G2 NU to upgrade and found the design was far superior with more patches and a great new interface as twist said and with more amp models, HOWEVER the sound was different in the modelling somehow. The clean sounds were slightly better but the distortion modes sounded to me poor and I think it was something to do with optimising the output between the recording mode and the front end of an amp mode. I sold it and stayed with the G2.
I can tell you that the G7.1u is better it has a 12AX7 valve therein so if you can pick one up on ebay you wont be dissapointed.

http://www.haax.se/manualsite/index.php?unit=G2

Tony

This post has been edited by tonyparnham: Jul 17 2010, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
badfingers93
Jul 17 2010, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Jul 17 2010, 09:27 AM) *
I've had the G2 for a long time and found it to be great for me, I then decided to buy the new G2 NU to upgrade and found the design was far superior with more patches and a great new interface as twist said and with more amp models, HOWEVER the sound was different in the modelling somehow. The clean sounds were slightly better but the distortion modes sounded to me poor and I think it was something to do with optimising the output between the recording mode and the front end of an amp mode. I sold it and stayed with the G2.
I can tell you that the G7.1u is better it has a 12AX7 valve therein so if you can pick one up on ebay you wont be dissapointed.

http://www.haax.se/manualsite/index.php?unit=G2

Tony

Hey tony thanks for the help...i think i'm gonna buy the G2.1 u instead...since it is cheaper. anyways u r still using the g2 u right?

+Quote Post
twist
Jul 18 2010, 10:45 PM
Well, i still use the g2.1u but i would definitely go for the 2.1 nu version! Here the prize is not that higher than the old version and i think its worth it. I just wanted to say that, if you realy cant afford the 2.1nu you can go for the 2.1u without loosing too much posiibilities...

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Jul 19 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi badfingers,
Yes, I still have the G2 it just seems to work for me. I don't know what they've done to the character of the drives/distortions on the new NU but it did'nt work for me, however like I say go into a shop and try it out and make your own mind up, don't rely totally on recommendations its like everything else " One man's meat is another man's poison".
All the best,
Tony

+Quote Post
badfingers93
Jul 20 2010, 04:30 PM
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Jul 19 2010, 11:46 AM) *
Hi badfingers,
Yes, I still have the G2 it just seems to work for me. I don't know what they've done to the character of the drives/distortions on the new NU but it did'nt work for me, however like I say go into a shop and try it out and make your own mind up, don't rely totally on recommendations its like everything else " One man's meat is another man's poison".
All the best,
Tony

Wise words there Tony....thanks a lot for the advice. And yes, i do have to actually try out the multi effects pedals myself...that's the best way wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:39 PM