9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Back To The 80s Collaboration, Instructor/students Video
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2014, 08:03 AM
Instructor
Holy mother of God! We have Stevie Ray on the collab! biggrin.gif Welcome Sir!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 29 2014, 02:29 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 27 2014, 02:14 AM) *
I can't get this track out of my head. smile.gif Awesome track, Guido! This is what I came up with today so far.

Amazing solo and AMAZING tone. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 29 2014, 05:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, guys (& girls). This is what I came up with:

https://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-der-put/gmc-back-to-80s-collab-jeroen-on-fire

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Apr 29 2014, 06:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 29 2014, 06:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 29 2014, 01:21 PM) *

hehehe this is an explosive solo!! It fits perfect with the great backing. Well done Jeroen! Thanks for your take!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 30 2014, 01:23 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Ok, here is all the files for the collab.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/72sqpxy85bx...rock_collab.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rrkawqsu6h...rock+collab.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/j2s1r8f4re...+no+backing.mp3

QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 29 2014, 01:29 PM) *
Amazing solo and AMAZING tone. smile.gif

Thanks huargo! Your family video made me laugh cause the same thing happens to me often. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 30 2014, 03:42 AM
GMC:er
Using "Double Tracking" for the solo per 80's tradition smile.gif Here is what i've got so far. It's about half done.
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/gmc-student-instructor-collab-preview

Going to whip out the 80's Axe for this one smile.gif
Attached Image

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 29 2014, 03:03 AM) *
Holy mother of God! We have Stevie Ray on the collab! biggrin.gif Welcome Sir!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 30 2014, 05:11 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2014, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 29 2014, 04:21 PM) *

Hey Jeroen! That's the PRS Torrero right there, correct? biggrin.gif Nice and firey solo!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 30 2014, 12:23 AM) *

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/72sqpxy85bx...rock_collab.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/rrkawqsu6h...rock+collab.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/j2s1r8f4re...+no+backing.mp3

Thanks huargo! Your family video made me laugh cause the same thing happens to me often. wink.gif

Great take DG! It seems that this 80s Collab really fits everyone here biggrin.gif Good going!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2014, 02:42 AM) *
Using "Double Tracking" for the solo per 80's tradition smile.gif Here is what i've got so far. It's about half done.

Attached Image

If it's this nice and 80sey so far, it will be a blast when it's done! Go Todd!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2014, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Apr 29 2014, 09:23 PM) *

hehe fantastic playing mate! I'm impressed of the overall level of the different takes.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 29 2014, 11:42 PM) *

Attached Image

hehehe it sounds VERY 80's!!! And that guitar.. you would only need this hairstyle:

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 30 2014, 05:35 PM
I couldn't resist making the backing track longer and produce a video for my YT channel.

Jeroen On Fire Shreds Back to the 80's

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 30 2014, 05:49 PM
ALTERNATE PICKING!!! YES!!! smile.gif After seeing several vids of a bit too many down strokes I wanted to congrat you killing it with the AP!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 30 2014, 12:35 PM) *
I couldn't resist making the backing track longer and produce a video for my YT channel.

Jeroen On Fire Shreds Back to the 80's

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Going to wear my 80's wig for the vid smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 30 2014, 10:32 AM) *
hehe fantastic playing mate! I'm impressed of the overall level of the different takes.

hehehe it sounds VERY 80's!!! And that guitar.. you would only need this hairstyle:

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Deleted
Apr 30 2014, 05:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Of course I'm in \m/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 30 2014, 06:20 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2014, 06:49 PM) *
ALTERNATE PICKING!!! YES!!! smile.gif After seeing several vids of a bit too many down strokes I wanted to congrat you killing it with the AP!! smile.gif

Thanks Todd smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 1 2014, 04:11 AM
FULL PREVIEW!!! My FAVE bit is at the end where I rip off a melody line from some famous guitar player whose name escapes me smile.gif

*WE ARE GOING TOO BE LEARNING THESE LICKS THIS WEEKEND IN VIDEO CHAT!!*

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/80s-guitar-rawk-collaboration-project-full-preview-with-backing

Using my new boutique OD on this one!!!! The Fuhrmann Tube Drive pedal. Sorta their flavor of "Tube Screamer" clone. I keeps all the warmth that a lot of OD pedals can strip out. Sounds like a tube preamp! Using it to drive TH2 a bit harder and it works wonders!!!!!

Attached Image

Gonna stick it in front of my ELEVEN RACK to see how that works smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 1 2014, 04:37 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 1 2014, 04:25 PM
MAY 22 DEADLINE yes? Should be plenty of time smile.gif Going to do a couple of vid chat lessons featuring this backing to help get the word out!!! Killer fun to solo over smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2014, 11:11 PM) *
FULL PREVIEW!!! My FAVE bit is at the end where I rip off a melody line from some famous guitar player whose name escapes me smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/80s-guitar-rawk-collaboration-project-full-preview-with-backing

Using my new boutique OD on this one!!!! The Fuhrmann Tube Drive pedal. Sorta their flavor of "Tube Screamer" clone. I keeps all the warmth that a lot of OD pedals can strip out. Sounds like a tube preamp! Using it to drive TH2 a bit harder and it works wonders!!!!!

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 1 2014, 08:52 PM
Instructor
Very nice work Todd smile.gif I see that you took advantage to exploit the Fuhrman pedals already biggrin.gif

Deleted - welcome to our merry crew!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
May 1 2014, 09:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow Todd, rippin right out of the gate on that take. Love the run you threw in there.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2014, 08:11 PM) *

Attached Image

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 2 2014, 01:53 AM
Yup!!! It makes a fine replacement for my much prized "Bulb Deluxe" which I didn't think could ever be replaced. But guess what, it can! smile.gif I heard MARCO DE ROSS using this pedal and was impressed by punch/bite, so I added it to my pedal board in addition to the SUPER METAL DRIVE 2. I'm guessing most folks will not need a boost to pair up with a 2 channel high gain distortion box, but I gotta say, I ran it in to my velocity power amp/cab and it sounded like a Mesa on 12!!!!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 1 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Very nice work Todd smile.gif I see that you took advantage to exploit the Fuhrman pedals already biggrin.gif

Deleted - welcome to our merry crew!

Thanks!!! smile.gif That run is one of the tougher bits to play as it is based on my INVERSION fun. smile.gif I'm teaching this licks this weekend BTW!!!!

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ May 1 2014, 04:30 PM) *
Wow Todd, rippin right out of the gate on that take. Love the run you threw in there.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2014, 10:13 AM
Instructor
Wow, that sounds great man smile.gif

To be honest, I didn't think it would be that easy to replace the Pro Tone pedal, but unfortunately, it's hard for me to make a statement based on what I heard from other folks.

Out of what I have tried so far, I liked the Shiba Drive and the MXR Zakk Wylde best of all. The TS 808, that one was interesting, but somehow it didn't deliver the punch that the Zakk Wilde has. Notorious little fella biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Deleted
May 3 2014, 05:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is my take:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27820834/80Full.mp3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27820834/80Solo.wav

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2014, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 1 2014, 12:11 AM) *

Attached Image

Great solo and tone mate! You used the tube drive, and what else did you use to record it?

QUOTE (Deleted @ May 3 2014, 01:29 PM) *

Fantastic take Deleted! IT sounds killer. Thanks for joining!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:48 PM