9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Gmc Redesign!
skennington
Dec 1 2009, 01:28 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 30 2009, 06:03 PM) *
The upload limit should now be fixed ( I just tried to upload a 14 mb file).

Awesome! I'll go upload my files now.. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 1 2009, 08:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but maybe the banners at the bottom of the frontpage (regarding rec, mtp, journal, etc) should contain links within their text, there aren't any in the titles, text or pics wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 1 2009, 08:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey

Dunno if someone spoke about that but It's really borring to always type my login when I want to access to a full lesson, couldn't be have some cookies ? :\

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 1 2009, 09:42 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Christophe @ Dec 1 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Hey

Dunno if someone spoke about that but It's really borring to always type my login when I want to access to a full lesson, couldn't be have some cookies ? :\

Agreed - a "remember me" cookie is on its' way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 1 2009, 10:36 PM
Cool, glad to hear that smile.gif

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Boson
Dec 1 2009, 10:39 PM
The metronome does not work for me anymore!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 1 2009, 10:51 PM
He does not for me anymore !

Is it possible to add an other "window" in an Instructor board (I mean, e.g : Other windows than "By Level", "All", "Coolest") called "The Newest" or "The Lastest", because I used to see new lesson by this method !

Have fun

This post has been edited by Christophe: Dec 1 2009, 10:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Dec 1 2009, 10:52 PM
GMC:er
Since everything is moving ahead so wonderfully is there a possibility NOT to have a "pure white" background for the forums ??!! Invert it perhaps with white on black? Even that would be an improvement.

Maybe it isn't so bad on a small laptop screen but on a high-res, very bright already, big bad ass wide-screen LCD it is getting to be rather annoying ... since the forum is where I spend most of my time anyways my eyes would really appreciate it!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Neurologi: Dec 1 2009, 10:55 PM

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 1 2009, 10:57 PM
I know that GMC can make other "Skins", I mean they can make "a file linked" to the entire website and you could change it by going to your brower settings (hmm maybe "Display" > "Style"). (cf. Cascading Style Sheets methods)

This is a possibility, I don't know an other one ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 1 2009, 11:13 PM
If the forums are showing up "pure 100% white" then you need to clear your GMC cookies still. There should be only ~800px wide forum of buff/white/grey/red in the center and black background beyond that.

Again: if the forums are pure white, no decoration, you should clear your browser cookies for GMC.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Dec 1 2009, 11:27 PM
That isn't the problem. I have the decoration with "pure white" i.e. the background. That is a lot of white and for my purposes it ain't much of an improvement on all white without the decoration. A textured black border only make this stark contrast (in the wrong direction) worse. Nice idea and looks nice but the meat is in the filling.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 1 2009, 11:38 PM
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Dec 1 2009, 04:27 PM) *
That isn't the problem. I have the decoration with "pure white" i.e. the background. That is a lot of white and for my purposes it ain't much of an improvement on all white without the decoration. A textured black border only make this stark contrast (in the wrong direction) worse. Nice idea and looks nice but the meat is in the filling.

Well, from a human interface standpoint:

1. what we have now is less than the "giant lcd" or whatever you said
2. white on black is even worse for human eyeballs

So it looks like the personal CSS trick would be best. I believe there's a firefox plugin for that.

--------------------

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Dec 1 2009, 11:53 PM
Yes there is. Stylish. Great plugin. Although, they are specific to a website. I suppose I could just configure it myself really. That should not be necessary though as it should be available as an option within the forum to change the style if the user wishes it. And I do. That is what I am trying to get at. I have a "giant lcd" and the "pure white" just doesn't cut it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 2 2009, 12:02 AM
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Dec 1 2009, 04:53 PM) *
That is what I am trying to get at. I have a "giant lcd" and the "pure white" just doesn't cut it.

Mine is surely a bit less giant (just 24" or something?), but the proportion of off-white is still 50% of the screen. Smaller than a laptop screen where it would be 100% of the screen! I still don't get the comparison.

If you don't want to mess around with CSS, you could always flip the contrast setting of your GIANT monitor over to the "internet text" setting instead of the blazingly-hot "game" setting? That will significantly reduce the glare and eye strain.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Dec 2 2009, 12:37 AM
Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 30 2009, 01:58 PM) *
the chat link that shows up in the forums takes you to the old chat. Don't use it.

http://guitarmasterclass.net/chat/ is the only chat client that really works in full.

Tried that, but still it is not possible for me (Safari browser, Mac) to enter any text. I can see the chat messages, but the area in which I can type my own chat message disappears after applet is fully loaded...

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 2 2009, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (Rik Veldhuizen @ Dec 1 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Tried that, but still it is not possible for me (Safari browser, Mac) to enter any text. I can see the chat messages, but the area in which I can type my own chat message disappears after applet is fully loaded...

Last guy that had the same problem cleared his cookies and logged in again. Worked like a charm.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 2 2009, 05:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Doesn't for me...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Dec 2 2009, 07:11 PM
Learning Roadie
The metronome doesn't work in any lesson, no matter how long I wait and regardless of the tempo.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 2 2009, 07:15 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Dec 2 2009, 07:11 PM) *
The metronome doesn't work in any lesson, no matter how long I wait and regardless of the tempo.

Weird it worked not so long ago - reporting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Dec 2 2009, 07:32 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
dunno if it has been mentioned, but how do I search for lessons now? I want a picking lesson for a spefic level, but didn`t find any useful under guitar lessons when browsing for some minutes. Is it me who is blind, or are we in lack of a "advanced search" option?

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:31 AM