3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Guthrie Govan Waves - My Take, Finally. :)
Emir Hot
Jan 13 2010, 02:50 AM
Instructor
This guy didn't wanna have a jam with us and you're still learning his songs heheh. I agree with Monte, he should learn "final dance" for a change smile.gif

Great take btw...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 13 2010, 03:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 13 2010, 02:50 AM) *
This guy didn't wanna have a jam with us and you're still learning his songs heheh. I agree with Monte, he should learn "final dance" for a change smile.gif

Great take btw...
Hmmm....maybe there is a reason he didn't want to have a jam with you guys...... laugh.gif Just kidding.... laugh.gif That would have been AWESOME to see though......kind of like GMC3....almost..... laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 13 2010, 04:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Muris.....is there anyway you could do some sort of technique lesson on the type of hybrid licks you are doing at about 1:01-1:08......I've been seeing a BUNCH of dudes on the net using these type of licks and I can't figure out what they are doing. I've seen Damjan, Yourself, Rick Graham etc doing these licks that are COOL AS HELL and I want to get in on the act!!!...... laugh.gif laugh.gif

If you could do one of your serials on these type of shred licks I'd give you my first born......hell....you can have all three...... laugh.gif

Thanks Muris.....I know you are busy but at least think about it...... laugh.gif laugh.gif \m/\m/

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 13 2010, 06:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 13 2010, 02:50 AM) *

Great take btw...

Hahahaha, I remember that bro, was funny as hell. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 13 2010, 04:06 AM) *
Muris.....is there anyway you could do some sort of technique lesson on the type of hybrid licks you are doing at about 1:01-1:08......I've been seeing a BUNCH of dudes on the net using these type of licks and I can't figure out what they are doing. I've seen Damjan, Yourself, Rick Graham etc doing these licks that are COOL AS HELL and I want to get in on the act!!!...... laugh.gif laugh.gif

If you could do one of your serials on these type of shred licks I'd give you my first born......hell....you can have all three...... laugh.gif

Thanks Muris.....I know you are busy but at least think about it...... laugh.gif laugh.gif \m/\m/

Ahh, that's an easy one, bare with me here. smile.gif
Imagine 3 strings shape, ascending or descending,
it also can be 2 notes on one string (hammer-on or pull-off) and then 2 on next 2 strings
Would be cool to sweep that, right?
But sweeping has that tone, sweep tone, you hear pick all the time.
This hybrid idea is just a way to get more smoother sound while playing same pattern.
So you use pick for bottom, string, ring finger is for top string and middle finger is for the string in the middle.
Don't ask me about index finger, it's probably messing around with the pick. laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 13 2010, 09:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao, simply amazing ... your improvisations give this tune just the right "Muris touch". What a beautiful tune this is ... wub.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Jan 13 2010, 09:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Muris delivers .. again wink.gif ... Awesome

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 13 2010, 09:41 AM
GMC Founder
Yes this was awesome Muris - I especially like how it gets groovy in the middle of the backing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 13 2010, 11:28 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
QUOTE (zen @ Jan 13 2010, 09:31 AM) *
Muris delivers .. again wink.gif ... Awesome

w00t!! Muris is dad again? biggrin.gif:D

Awesome man.. simply awesome... Does he need any praises? smile.gif We all know him.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 13 2010, 03:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 13 2010, 06:59 AM) *
Hahahaha, I remember that bro, was funny as hell. laugh.gif

Ahh, that's an easy one, bare with me here. smile.gif
Imagine 3 strings shape, ascending or descending,
it also can be 2 notes on one string (hammer-on or pull-off) and then 2 on next 2 strings
Would be cool to sweep that, right?
But sweeping has that tone, sweep tone, you hear pick all the time.
This hybrid idea is just a way to get more smoother sound while playing same pattern.
So you use pick for bottom, string, ring finger is for top string and middle finger is for the string in the middle.
Don't ask me about index finger, it's probably messing around with the pick. laugh.gif

Muris.....do you think you could just tab like 1 bar so I can picture what you are saying better. I just need a shape or idea and I can take it from there. I'm not following you too well.....sorry..... ohmy.gif Are you saying that it would be like 2 notes on the G string and then one note on the B and one note on the High E?? Or are you say two notes on ALL 3 of those strings????

Thanks Muris

+Quote Post
Frederik
Jan 13 2010, 04:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very nice take smile.gif my fav from GG and i can play the main theme. but not as fluidly as you!
Why wouldn't GG jam with you guys? couldn't imagine GG being rude or anything

-Frederik

+Quote Post
sted
Jan 13 2010, 06:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
amazing technique and playing mate! More please!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 13 2010, 07:37 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome stuff as always Muris

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 13 2010, 08:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 13 2010, 03:11 PM) *
Muris.....do you think you could just tab like 1 bar so I can picture what you are saying better. I just need a shape or idea and I can take it from there. I'm not following you too well.....sorry..... ohmy.gif Are you saying that it would be like 2 notes on the G string and then one note on the B and one note on the High E?? Or are you say two notes on ALL 3 of those strings????

Thanks Muris

Like this:

-----------5-----
---------6-------
----5h-7---------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

So it's 2 notes on starting string but it can also work with one note on each string, like real sweep/arpeggio shape.
And if you have 2 notes on each string than you'd probably have enough time to play it in all possible ways, AP,
downstrokes only, upstrokes only etc.
But also you can use this approach to slow licks as well, as I said it's not only a shortcut but also about getting different tone,
fingertips are really nice tool to use, try it. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
natesavage
Jan 13 2010, 09:05 PM
GMC:er
Beautiful!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 13 2010, 09:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 13 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Like this:

-----------5-----
---------6-------
----5h-7---------
-----------------
-----------------
-----------------

So it's 2 notes on starting string but it can also work with one note on each string, like real sweep/arpeggio shape.
And if you have 2 notes on each string than you'd probably have enough time to play it in all possible ways, AP,
downstrokes only, upstrokes only etc.
But also you can use this approach to slow licks as well, as I said it's not only a shortcut but also about getting different tone,
fingertips are really nice tool to use, try it. smile.gif

Thats all I needed Muris.....THANKS!!! \m/\m/......Just one more thing to work on right...... laugh.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 13 2010, 11:03 PM
Instructor
Awesome take Muris, great technique and playing man smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 13 2010, 11:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 13 2010, 09:12 PM) *
Thats all I needed Muris.....THANKS!!! \m/\m/......Just one more thing to work on right...... laugh.gif smile.gif

Rock on. \\m// wink.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 13 2010, 11:03 PM) *
Awesome take Muris, great technique and playing man smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 18 2010, 07:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice! Your picking hand during fast AP is prety angled at the wrist, do you always use that? Or was it just for this song? I can't recall you playing with such a big angle.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jan 18 2010, 08:07 PM

Simply astonishing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Jan 18 2010, 09:40 PM
That puts the B in Beautiful!

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:34 AM