Flamenco Without Nails
Alex5
Jun 21 2015, 11:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi,

I take my first flamenco lesson on GMC : it's Flamenco first piece : solea.
I haven't long nails on my right hand and I don't want to have. Can I play this piece without difficulties ?

I have a lot of difficulties to understand how to do the Golpe. Anybody can explain me ?

Thanks a lot.

Alex

ps : English isn't my first language and I don't practice it a lot, sorry for the mistakes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 21 2015, 12:45 PM
Hello Alex,

You could try some of >>>>> THESE <<<<<, they should be available in your country wink.gif

Golpe lesson:

Your English is fine smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 21 2015, 12:51 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 21 2015, 04:46 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm sure you could play without nails but you're going to be missing the signature flamenco tone.

Finger tips give a very warm sound while finger nails or finger picks give you a sharper tone.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 23 2015, 11:55 AM
Instructor
Unfortunately nails are a half success to get the proper flamenco tone but in fact it is not necessary. I got used to the long nails and they do a lot of good on electric guitar as well. I did cut those off because of bass playing problems but then I felt like lost a lot of tone from acoustic and classical guitar. If You have never played with nails before, then there is not that much of a problem.It will sound warmer but still possible to play smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex5
Jun 25 2015, 01:58 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 23 2015, 10:55 AM) *
Unfortunately nails are a half success to get the proper flamenco tone but in fact it is not necessary. I got used to the long nails and they do a lot of good on electric guitar as well. I did cut those off because of bass playing problems but then I felt like lost a lot of tone from acoustic and classical guitar. If You have never played with nails before, then there is not that much of a problem.It will sound warmer but still possible to play smile.gif

OK I will try. I've bought finger picks but I can't play with that

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 25 2015, 08:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Jun 25 2015, 02:58 PM) *

I think that you should be able to play flamenco without fingernails. I never liked having long nails and to be honest couldn't stand it. As Darius mentioned, they are more of a sound and guitar tone tool (playing with long nails affects how your guitar sounds in general) than a real necessity.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 3 2015, 12:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Jun 25 2015, 12:58 PM) *

Finger picks are totaly different story. Somehow I could not get used to. I felt much less control of those comparing to regular finger nails.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:46 PM