Guitars With Fast Necks
fatstrat
Feb 19 2008, 03:36 AM
GMC:er
I've only owned two kinds of guitars (PRS and Fender)....just seeing what everybody else has played and what they thought had the fastest neck?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Feb 19 2008, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Ibanez Wizard neck...#1 fastest neck out there.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 19 2008, 04:15 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is a great question. Imho, I think it really depends on the player and how you like to express yourself while playing. Also, the size of your hand and the length of your fingers. I like a "C" shaped neck, can't play on a "V" shaped old fender neck. It is just more comfortable for me. I can play on a thin Ibanez neck ("Flat" and thin) but not for a long time. Feels fast, but I get what I call "Crab Claw”. Hand starts to hurt between the web of my index finger and thumb.

What’s fast for one (or good) isn't always good for the other when it comes to a neck.

Imho.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 19 2008, 09:29 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't care, I'm the bottleneck anyway.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:17 AM