3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Lesson Planner And Other Improvements! :)
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 14 2007, 05:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is just great idea with lesson planner !! Now its much easier for new GMCs to navigate to most suitable lessons , and for seniors also! wink.gif
For ideas for new features maybe some kind of members backend with stats about how much time was spent on different lessons (and maybe notes to write down bpm) ..To keep the progress...Progress bars and that sort of stuff keeps people very motivated.. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 14 2007, 05:37 PM
GMC:er
Awesome job Kris and staff, keep up the good work guys.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 14 2007, 05:38 PM
The Dark Canuck
Another great addition to an already fantastic site biggrin.gif

Well done guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 14 2007, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2007, 08:25 AM) *
Our goal is to present a fourth "I'm god" category (after the advanced level of difficulty wink.gif biggrin.gif ), which will contain the most difficult lessons of GMC.

Can we not just call that category - "for those who think their name is Muris" laugh.gif laugh.gif

I really like this feature cool.gif , but I cant help but notice that there seems to be very little in the way of metal lessons above 6, not that I could do them anyway rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 14 2007, 05:52 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Owen @ Dec 14 2007, 05:49 PM) *
I really like this feature cool.gif , but I cant help but notice that there seems to be very little in the way of metal lessons above 6, not that I could do them anyway rolleyes.gif

That's because we have so many metal and shred lessons above 6 - the ones you aren't seeing simply aren't suitable for the category "advanced" - they should go into the fourth, even more advanced category. We could of course have a huge drop-down list..

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 14 2007, 06:23 PM
Cool stuff

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nobody
Dec 14 2007, 06:25 PM
Truly a great idea! Thanks for making this great place(not site wink.gif ) even better!

I have some suggestions for the Lesson Planner for the "next versions".
I think it would be a good addition to have an option to separate Lessons and Excersises. And maybe the Excersises section to have several "slots" for lessons which will cover different techniques. Possibly with a field for the bpm you are currently playing it to(as Bogdan suggested). This way besides the lessons you learn you can have a easy way to see how good you are doing for an example with "Sweeps" and "Legato"(you see the Difficulty Level of the excersise and the bpm you are playing it to). So just by watching your Lesson Planner you can see what needs improvement, and what you should pay more attention to when it comes for today's excersises.

This way it would be easy to keep track of your level in a more complex way than only by the Difficulty Level of the lesson you are currently learning. This way you can play lessons with Difficulty 6 but the "Sweeps" slot lesson can say that you are practicing Sweep lessons of far lower difficulty. It's a way of saying "Hey you are forgetting something :]".

The "slots" should be choosable too. I mean if I don't want to learn Sweeping why should I keep track of progress in it :]

Well that's my suggestion. I still think if I should post this because GMC is getting far too good, and I've started going out far less than before because of that biggrin.gif But I guess devotion is the way to success :]

Thanks for existing :]
Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 14 2007, 06:31 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Brilliant! cool.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 14 2007, 06:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice!

+Quote Post
eddiecat
Dec 14 2007, 06:53 PM
Hi Kris! This new feature is amazing! Lovely!
Can't find the words to thank you for GMC (even though "thank you" expresses it well! laugh.gif )
I feel that one thing that would take it to an even higher level
would be to also have an "exercises" and "theory" option
along with the different genres...
Don't know whether you agree or not,
but being a beginner I would find it very useful!
Can't wait to create my personal practicing folder!
This place is just out of this world!!!!!
Cheers, Eddie

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 14 2007, 09:00 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Awesome Addition Kris, GMC Is just getting so much more amazing everyday!!!!

+Quote Post
RobM
Dec 14 2007, 09:17 PM
Great addition to the site, I did notice that if I chose a lesson plan say: Beginner- Rock and then started taking a lesson, during the lesson something happens or the video ends and I want to hit back on my browser. When I do I get the web page has expired error every time, I can never go back to the list of lessons I had created so I have to start olver again every time. Just something you might want to look into some time soon. Other than that so far it seems to be working pretty well.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 14 2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone on GMC for making this great new option available smile.gif .I really like it and cant wait til the save option gets set-up that way it can be actually there each time you log in.Only thing that i didnt like as much was that the area where the posts are got much smaller.No biggie i guess ,once again great job

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 14 2007, 09:25 PM
looks awsome

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 14 2007, 09:27 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Dec 14 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Only thing that i didnt like as much was that the area where the posts are got much smaller.No biggie i guess ,once again great job

Do you mean the text saying " Difficulty level: 2 Music category: Classical" ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 14 2007, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2007, 03:27 PM) *

no i think he means the lastest forum topics

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 14 2007, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2007, 03:27 PM) *

No i was talking about the main page where you have the last 4 forum topic's posted.

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 14 2007, 09:33 PM
GMC Founder
Ah I see - you are right - that is a compromise...! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 14 2007, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 14 2007, 03:33 PM) *
Ah I see - you are right - that is a compromise...! sad.gif

Like you said though this is just the beginning and there will be some flaws.Definatly is a great thing and im sure it will work out fine. wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Dec 15 2007, 12:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is great smile.gif nice work Kris (and the others who worked on it tongue.gif)

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:31 AM