Russian Girl Band Face Jail
Ben Higgins
Jul 31 2012, 09:47 AM
Instructor
Seems a bit harsh to me..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pussy-riot-anti-p...-112823415.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jul 31 2012, 10:07 AM
GMC:er
it is Russia, not so surprising. Anyway.......or is the band name too offensive for this forum ? and also, a russian friend told me that it will be a political statement to support "the girl band" and oppose a possible court ruling in favor of the state attorney) Since the rule is: no politics in the forum please delete this post dear forum admin!!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by The Uncreator:

Yes, it is indeed a bit too much for the forum.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 31 2012, 05:31 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes, how can this happen in a democracy??? Oh wait...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2012, 12:09 AM
Great minds think alike! I almost posted this myself but the band name kept me from it.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 31 2012, 04:47 AM) *

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 1 2012, 01:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
"Hooliganism"

Are you kidding me? Thats what I did when I was a kid growing up, playing video games, and skating at public places. Never went to jail or faced trial for it. Good lord.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 1 2012, 01:31 AM) *
"Hooliganism"

Are you kidding me? Thats what I did when I was a kid growing up, playing video games, and skating at public places. Never went to jail or faced trial for it. Good lord.

Tell me about it. I can understand why people view things like it as a public nuisance, that's fair enough.. but really, looking at the bigger picture, it's not exactly war or genocide is it ?

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 1 2012, 10:32 AM
Learning Roadie
I wonder if they contemplated the consequences of their endeavours before they did it. I'm not exactly surprised by the outcome.

They must have known they would upset the church and state with this.

Whilst the punishment doesn't fit the crime, I'm not brimming over with sympathy

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 1 2012, 12:17 PM

When walking my dogs I always pick up their poop, unless they do it on some church property.

So I guess that I should also go to prison.

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Aug 2 2012, 12:32 AM

This post has been edited by ItSME3: Aug 2 2012, 12:38 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2012, 07:57 PM
Really? By comparison I guess I"m a Bleeding Heart which is a first smile.gif Thrown in jail for a stunt like that? I"ve actually done impromptu gigs at churches/school grounds, any where we could find electric power and plugin in my earliest outtings before we were old enough to play bars. I'm glad we don't live in Russian or all my bandmates would be in prison for sure!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 1 2012, 05:32 AM) *
I wonder if they contemplated the consequences of their endeavours before they did it. I'm not exactly surprised by the outcome.

They must have known they would upset the church and state with this.

Whilst the punishment doesn't fit the crime, I'm not brimming over with sympathy

QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 1 2012, 07:17 AM) *
When walking my dogs I always pick up their poop, unless they do it on some church property.

So I guess that I should also go to prison.

Well, no, you always poop scoop right? You'd only need to go to prison if you skipped it wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:16 PM