4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Trivium
Fender23strat
Mar 10 2007, 05:14 AM
GMC:er
So I'm interested to know of everyone's opinion on Trivium. I've been really geting into their stuff lately. I love it. I know that a lot of people hate them but not me. Even if you do hate them you have to appreciate and realize how great of guitarists Matt and Corey are. They are freaking incredible!!

IF you haven't listened to them i would definitley suggest it, even if you aren't a metal fan.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitar Master123
Mar 10 2007, 05:26 AM
I would listen to Trivium a lo more if there singing didnt suck. The guitarists are good. Great actually.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Country
Rap
Hip-Hop
Altenative
Punk
Classical
Reggae
Gospel
Heavy Metal
BlueGrass
Rock N' Roll

Mahalo!
Merry X-Mas
And a Happy New Year!

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 10 2007, 01:28 PM
I dont really like Trivium.

(edited my post after I noticed how cruel my original post was laugh.gif )

This post has been edited by Robin: Nov 25 2007, 04:03 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 10 2007, 02:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I actually quite love trivium, there new album they use all clean vocals and matts voice is really improving, there music itself is fantastic, the song "Contempt Breeds Contamination" is awesome, love the Death Metal style intro riff, there solos are another thing i really love, they seem to always one up themselves, and on top of that, there live shows are fantastic.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 10 2007, 02:33 PM
Meh, they sound like the sum of thier influences(with a bad singer).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 10 2007, 05:41 PM
Most bands are the sum of all there influences, thats the point of being influenced

+Quote Post
Matt_Herd
Mar 10 2007, 08:27 PM
I have seen them live. They were on before maiden. It just sounded like a big noise, you could only tell that they started a new song when they told you lol. People were like firing bottles at em in stuff.

+Quote Post
Climate
Mar 10 2007, 08:44 PM
I love them. Saw them live back in march 06.... was brilliant. I don't like them as much now they're not screaming.. and I don't usually like bands that scream haha - it just really suited them.

I think they should have kept the screaming and just done the odd song with singing like Dying in Your Arms

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 11 2007, 01:46 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 10 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Most bands are the sum of all there influences, thats the point of being influenced

The point of being influenced is not to sound like all the bands that influenced you, but rather draw inspiration from them. Of course Trivium don't sound exactly like their influences, and that's why I think they have tons of potential, they just don't interest me with what they are doing now(that's just personal preference). But you can control yourself from sounding like someone else.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 12 2007, 03:40 AM
Honestly, The Crusade sounds nothing like any metallica album, as most claim, and the ones who claim this, havent heard but 2 songs from the album, "Contempt Breeds Contamination" is WAY more in the vein of death metal (Musically), and then theres Anthem, which sounds like a DIO Tune or something, and the overall feel and atmosphere of it is all of its own.

I think im gonna once again, be on of the very few on a forum who like Trivium, and once again, im probabaly gonna catch major hell for it.

Oh well, biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 12 2007, 07:07 AM
As long as you aren't one of the "ZOMG Trivium is so amazing, they are the best band in the world, no one can touch them!!11!"

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 12 2007, 08:29 AM
GMC Founder
Prettty cool - I have just discovered them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 13 2007, 02:23 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Mar 12 2007, 01:07 AM) *
As long as you aren't one of the "ZOMG Trivium is so amazing, they are the best band in the world, no one can touch them!!11!"

God no, hell, ill proudly admit i love trivium, but thats my oppinion, and if someone differ from mine, then i wont argue.

And thank you for not being one of those "OMG YouS LikEs TriVIUm?!!!??!111elven!!!1 Tahts MeANS YouR Teh Gay!!!!"" Kinda guy.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 12 2007, 02:29 AM) *
Prettty cool - I have just discovered them.

Yes, atleast You like think there cool, now i dont feel so alone.

anyway here is a cool vid of trivium, even if you dont like trivium, this is a cool tapping lick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJR2hyPyXc

+Quote Post
bitwise
Mar 14 2007, 09:51 PM
Ascendancy was an amazing album but I don't care much for The Crusade. The Crusade is a decent album but the problem is that I fell in love with the brutal assault that used to be Trivium and now it feels like a whole new band.

If you're into Trivium, specifically their heavier stuff, you should definitely check out Chimaira.

This post has been edited by bitwise: Mar 14 2007, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
TheProof
Mar 14 2007, 10:51 PM
i think triviums first 2 albums ascendancy especially were absolutely incredibal and origanal! fonomanal works of art, masterpeices. their latest album the crusade i like even more! but every member of the band's faveriot band or top 5 is metallica and the crusade is metallica with some kick ass guitars as much as i love trivium i think they lost their origanality and should spend more time working on their albums to make it there own like ascendancy that was an album that told a story which i really enjoyed and i strongly suggest any metal fan buy one of their cd's its insperational matt heafy wrote ascendancy when he was 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOWWWWWWW IS THAT POSSSIBBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

"Honestly, The Crusade sounds nothing like any metallica album, as most claim, and the ones who claim this, havent heard but 2 songs from the album, "Contempt Breeds Contamination" is WAY more in the vein of death metal (Musically), and then theres Anthem, which sounds like a DIO Tune or something, and the overall feel and atmosphere of it is all of its own."

bwaa do you really not think they sound simalar? not threw the guitar but the singing seriously thats metallica!

--------------------
People are strange, when you're a stranger.
Places look ugly when you're alone.

Where we start. Is where we end.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 14 2007, 11:57 PM
Sure, they have similarities, but the crusade doesnt sound like kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets, and justice, metallica, load, or reload, and definetly not St. Anger.

I was trying to point out there sound is nothing liek metallicas, they have some riffs that are obviously as you would say..."Metallica Style", but you know what?

Who cares.

Trivium is one of the thousands of bands that are heavily influenced by metallica, and the only one where it is considered a flaw, And there voices.

BAH!

Heafy sounds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like hetfield at any stage in his career, ive never heard heafys vocals and thought "That sounds like James Hetfield"

EVER.

Either way this is jusy my own thoughts and oppinions.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Mar 14 2007, 11:59 PM

+Quote Post
Chooch
Mar 15 2007, 12:45 AM
Quoting Manowar: ''Death to false metal!''

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 15 2007, 03:32 AM
Well, you dont have to like the, and there first 2 albums arent straight metal, both have obvious influence from other genres, but there new album, whether you like it or not.

Is Metal biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 18 2007, 07:53 PM
i don't what people are talking about when they say heafy has no voice the way he goes from heavy screaming to melodic singing continues to amaze me

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post
me213
May 18 2007, 09:32 PM
yeh i also like trivium biggrin.gif my fave song is detonation especially when it changes key and there is the sweeping solos .

i keep wondering what they will be like in a few years they've got lots of potential happy.gif

--------------------
What could more fun than playing the ELECTRIC GUITAR??!!

Paul Gilbert

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:21 PM