Your Heroes Treassures
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Many of you know, maybe not, Dave Grohl is a big influence and inspiration for me. He is a music hard worked and his music and speeches are always big motivator.

I casually read about a solo demo that he recorded in 1992, it seems that while he was in Nirvana. I decided to check youtube, and surprise, Youtube and internet are AWESOME!! The demo is uploaded and ready to be listened...

It's awesome to see how this can be the prequel of Foo Fighters. There are some songs, riffs, and rhythms that were used in later albums...

If you are a FF fan, you will love this:

I love finding this early demos of my favorite musicians, I remember that I felt the same when I was 16 and found a cassette with Malmsteen first band (when he was 17) called Steeler. It's was awesome to note how he developed his style.

What about you? Have you ever checked your favorite musicians first demos? what did you feel?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
May 19 2014, 04:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Dave Grohl is an amazing musician. I saw the Foo Fighters years ago on my honeymoon opening for RHCP and I really wasn't a huge fan at the time but they were phenomenal live and absolutely put the Chili Peppers to shame. Performance, sound, everything. He sounded the same live as he does on the albums, same goes for the entire band for that matter. I had never seen somebody interact with the crowd like he did that night, he was hilarious.

Since then I hold him in very high regard and have a ton of respect for everything he has accomplished.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2014, 10:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ May 19 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Dave Grohl is an amazing musician. I saw the Foo Fighters years ago on my honeymoon opening for RHCP and I really wasn't a huge fan at the time but they were phenomenal live and absolutely put the Chili Peppers to shame. Performance, sound, everything. He sounded the same live as he does on the albums, same goes for the entire band for that matter. I had never seen somebody interact with the crowd like he did that night, he was hilarious.

Since then I hold him in very high regard and have a ton of respect for everything he has accomplished.

Yeah! He talks about it in this video:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2014, 08:41 AM
Instructor
Wow! Amazing! A Dave Grohl thread biggrin.gif Thank you very much gentlemen! I'm a huge fan myself!

Now about demos - there's a version of Guthrie Govan's 'Waves' he first recorded in 1993 smile.gif Guess what - it took him 13 years to finish things and release it officially on his first album:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2014, 04:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2014, 04:41 AM) *
Wow! Amazing! A Dave Grohl thread biggrin.gif Thank you very much gentlemen! I'm a huge fan myself!

Now about demos - there's a version of Guthrie Govan's 'Waves' he first recorded in 1993 smile.gif Guess what - it took him 13 years to finish things and release it officially on his first album:

Awesome found! smile.gif

This is the Malmsteen cassette that I was talking about...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2014, 07:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 20 2014, 03:43 PM) *
Awesome found! smile.gif

This is the Malmsteen cassette that I was talking about...

Wow - is this before he was in Alcatrazz? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2014, 06:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 21 2014, 03:27 AM) *
Wow - is this before he was in Alcatrazz? biggrin.gif

I thought that. He was 19, but I checked at wiki and it seems that he was on both bands in 1983.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:46 AM