> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Funk Fusion Grooves, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Mar 13 2021, 09:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Funk Fusion Grooves by Diego Budicin

Hello guys, This is my last take of this lesson. i wanna spend my time also on other lessons. I tried to keep up but its a hard lesson

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=61675
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=61708

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2021, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 16 2021, 05:03 AM
GMC:er
This is actually very impressive that your able to play this at all given how difficult this bit is to play. I'd struggle quite a bit to play this honestly. It's just packed with constant chord changes that you have to make on the fly and you have no distortion to hide anything. Your tone is good and your picking is strong. This lesson seems to be just a bit beyond your current level of play though. I give you top marks for giving this a shot. It's honestly intimidating. Endless traverse, endless chord changes on the fly and at speed. Miss one bit and it stands out. Your hands are moving very well and I"m impressed with your playing. It's just not quite ready for prime time yet as this lesson is really far harder than it may look on first brush. I'd say put this one away for now and come back later. Solid 6 from me.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 16 2021, 10:15 AM
GMC Founder
Hey Tim,

I cannot see a clear improvement over your previous takes.

I don't think this lesson is an impossible take for you at all, in spite of the level of difficulty. I can see you are a hard worker with a will of steel.

However at this point I would suggest a change of strategy.
I suggest you:

* Choose one challenging lesson, and then live and breathe it all day long. That's what I do with this lesson. NB this does not mean you cannot also learn from other lessons, take bits and pieces from elsewhere and jam around with them. However if you intend to submit a REC take and you are going for a lesson that is a major challenge for you, you need to give it your everything.

OR

* Practice several lessons that are well within your reach. NB nothing is stopping you from working on a more difficult lesson project in parallel, and have it as a long term goal.

Currently it feels like you are trying to a be all over the place, and I feel this might cause your progress to stagnate. You don't want to adopt a practicing strategy that is causing you to lower your quality standards.

You get a 4 from me, keep up the hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 26 2021, 06:26 PM
Instructor
unfortunately the video has been removed....

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2021, 10:27 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:09 PM