2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Original Song, home recording on garage band
Patrik Berg
Nov 16 2012, 01:18 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone, looking for advice, criticism etc on my home recording, 207bpm was probably a bit ambitious but I had a go anyway smile.gif tell me if you like it or if you think it's crap, I'm open to any advise smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  something_heavy.mp3 ( 3.49MB ) Number of downloads: 390

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Well it's obviously NOT crap, Patrik.. in fact it's quite the opposite !

I hear some lovely shuffling Iced Earth sections mashing it up with Testament.. it all sounds great - no criticisms here. You might want to go over it again and tighten up some rhythm tracks here and there but I like the arrangement and everything cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 16 2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks Ben, yes I will do another take at a slower tempo change, maybe 196bpm, just to make the rhythm tighter and the solo. I appreciate your feedback.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 16 2012, 05:26 PM
Tone Seeker
Oh this is great ! I like your overall tone and sound here. Composition is also great.

If you ever want to team up and make riffs/songs PM me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2012, 06:26 PM
Instructor
I love the intro part! biggrin.gif Great atmosphere! The rest sounds very good as well, even though it's not my type of metal tongue.gif

But anyway, Ben's words about the timing should help get this whole track at 100 % awesomeness wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 17 2012, 09:12 AM
Hey WeePee that would be cool, thanks Cosmin

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Nov 17 2012, 09:30 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Damn this is really good. I agree with the Iced Earth meets Testament riffing vibe. You should definitely keep at this one!

This post has been edited by DeGroot: Nov 17 2012, 09:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grace
Nov 17 2012, 09:44 AM
ohmy.gif You have impressed me....I didn't know what I was going to listen to but I couldn't stop it! I really enjoyed it a lot I love your style. biggrin.gif

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 17 2012, 11:20 AM
Instructor
It is not crap! I liked it a lot! Very nice heavy riffs! I also loved the drums! What program did you use?

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 17 2012, 01:11 PM
Wow, thanks guys, the drums are EZdrummer done on garage band, guitar is a Mesa boogie studio 22+ miced with an AKG CCS something or other

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2012, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Nov 17 2012, 12:11 PM) *
Wow, thanks guys, the drums are EZdrummer done on garage band, guitar is a Mesa boogie studio 22+ miced with an AKG CCS something or other

Mesa is the thing for metal, ain't it? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Nov 18 2012, 12:18 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I like it a lot! Catchy riffs, nice solo(s) and the drums are killer - Good work!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 18 2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks Grace, thanks Mad, yeah Mesa has a nicely compressed sound for tight palm mutes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 18 2012, 02:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Nov 18 2012, 07:40 AM) *
Thanks Grace, thanks Mad, yeah Mesa has a nicely compressed sound for tight palm mutes

Indeed and also large open riffing - I love the hugeness it provided on our recordings for the Days of Confusion - 'Seeds' EP!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 18 2012, 10:25 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 18 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Indeed and also large open riffing - I love the hugeness it provided on our recordings for the Days of Confusion - 'Seeds' EP!

Which Mesa do you use Cosmin?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 19 2012, 10:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Mesa is the thing for metal, ain't it? biggrin.gif

I still haven't played one yet !! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2012, 10:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Nov 18 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Which Mesa do you use Cosmin?

We used a Road King head! It belongs to my band mate - Cezar, the one with the Gibson Les Paul smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 19 2012, 10:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 19 2012, 09:08 AM) *
We used a Road King head! It belongs to my band mate - Cezar, the one with the Gibson Les Paul smile.gif

I have to ask this but...

Have you ever said 'Hail Cezar !' to him ??? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Nov 19 2012, 10:58 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 19 2012, 09:19 AM) *
I have to ask this but...

Have you ever said 'Hail Cezar !' to him ??? laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 19 2012, 09:08 AM) *

ohmy.gif I'd love to play through a Road King, so many combinations available for tone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 21 2012, 01:59 AM
Dude this sounds KILLER! I can't believe you are almost bagging on it? Walk us through your production process a bit. Software/hardware/recording?

Playing is really good and tight, guitar tone is good too and the Bass sounds good which is really rare it seems when guitar players are recording. Put a vocal track on it and this is ready to be released.

Todd

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Nov 15 2012, 07:18 PM) *
Hey everyone, looking for advice, criticism etc on my home recording, 207bpm was probably a bit ambitious but I had a go anyway smile.gif tell me if you like it or if you think it's crap, I'm open to any advise smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:04 AM