2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Difference Do Cables Really Make?
Understudy
Nov 15 2007, 08:55 AM
GMC:er
I had a cable problem last weekend actually. I had cheap cables from Musician's Friend, like 9 dollars each. I plugged into my wah and terrible noises exploded and then silence. I feared my Carvin had taken a dump on me , switch the cable , it was fine for 2 minutes and then the same thing. Fortunate I had 2 old Dimarzio cables in my bag. I since ordered a few 21 foot Monster Cables from Musician's Friend, 40 something bucks each, they are great , no noise and have a lifetime warranty. I was told I could cut it in half with scissors and they would still replace it. +1 for the monsters man , good cables.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rock
Nov 15 2007, 10:49 AM
QUOTE (Understudy @ Nov 15 2007, 02:55 AM) *
I had a cable problem last weekend actually. I had cheap cables from Musician's Friend, like 9 dollars each. I plugged into my wah and terrible noises exploded and then silence. I feared my Carvin had taken a dump on me , switch the cable , it was fine for 2 minutes and then the same thing. Fortunate I had 2 old Dimarzio cables in my bag. I since ordered a few 21 foot Monster Cables from Musician's Friend, 40 something bucks each, they are great , no noise and have a lifetime warranty. I was told I could cut it in half with scissors and they would still replace it. +1 for the monsters man , good cables.

I agree. You can't skimp on cables especially if you have spent some dough on a quality guitar and amp. Good cables definitely make a difference. I also chose Monster due to their quality and lifetime replacement policy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 15 2007, 12:14 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a 25' cable that I got when I first started and thought it was fine until I bought a 12' monster cable. I could hear everything I was doing so much better, which at this point is not necessarily a good thing.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Nov 15 2007, 12:19 PM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 09:18 PM) *
I have Ibanez 15 footers also and they sound like sh*t.
You could look for ratings on a guitar site like musiciansfriend.com or just read the details on it. I'll look for an example and post it.

They dont suck, what are you talking about?

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Nov 17 2007, 10:52 AM
To be honest you don't need High End cables. Just make sure you're not getting junk cables and you should be fine. If you are regularly performing then perhaps you can look into high-grade cables but the improvement in sound from moderate cables will be minute.

Some Cable examples....

Crap cable:
Musicians Friend Brand

Moderate cable:
Dimarzio Brand

High-End cable:
Monster Cable

Hardtail

This post has been edited by Hardtail: Nov 17 2007, 10:52 AM

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 18 2007, 03:37 AM
If you want to buy some Monster Cables go for gold tips because they are meant to give your *rock* sound a much clear definition than standard cables. I don't have one but my Monster Cables are the best. You can't go wrong either because if your monster stop working for any, and I mean any, reason then Guitar Center will replace it no questions asked.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Nov 18 2007, 03:39 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:14 AM