2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar :d
Joruus
Sep 7 2008, 05:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I got my new (little-bit-used) Guitar today smile.gif

Its an Ibanez RG 350 DX cool.gif

It been used only 4 months and its in perfect shape happy.gif
The guy who sold it even put new strings on it and gave it a good cleaning last week.
It also came with a very nice ibanez M100C hardcase.

Before this one, i only had my cheap starter kit 'Riverstring' Strat, so its a big change smile.gif
I love the wizard2 neck and edge3 bridge tremelo (wich doesnt detune the whole guitar with a 1 second whammy ;P)

The only problem is that the guy wasnt sure how to properly set up this kind of bridge after the string change,
is that easy for me to find out, or should i take it to a guitar store to let someone do it for me?
(the high e-string gets muted when you fret it any higher then 17th fret)

I dont have any pictures of it yet but here is a pic of the same model for those who dont know it biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Joruus: Sep 7 2008, 05:03 PM

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 7 2008, 05:11 PM
GMC:er
Happy NG day smile.gif

Click me!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 7 2008, 05:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Kyldee is the one to go tongue.gif I believe he had some FR problems in the past... haha!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Joruus
Sep 7 2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 7 2008, 05:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Looks hot, congratulations =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 7 2008, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Guitar looks great, and wish you a lot of happy times with it mate, congratulations. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 7 2008, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 7 2008, 05:14 PM) *
Kyldee is the one to go tongue.gif I believe he had some FR problems in the past... haha!

Kaz is right laugh.gif But I would recommend someone more experienced, like Muris, but if you do have any questions, I'll do my best to help smile.gif

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 7 2008, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Congratulations for the new baby, good luck for the setup and...burn those strings!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 7 2008, 09:48 PM
Instructor
congratulations !!! looks wonderful wink.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 7 2008, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Congratz

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 7 2008, 10:11 PM
Instructor
congrats man! now work hard wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 7 2008, 11:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations man on your new instrument! smile.gif Have lots of fun with it! Regarding the setup, if you don't have experiance take it to a shop for one good throughout setup...Try to be there when Luther does it to see for yourself so you can try next time alone..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Sep 7 2008, 11:17 PM
Instructor
nice Guitar, congrats mate.

+Quote Post
Joruus
Sep 8 2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone smile.gif

I got the bridge set up at the right hight now using those videos, but now i cant get it in tune
Like, i tune the first string then second and when i tuned the 3rd string the 1st is out of tune again.

I saw something in the 3rd vid (later added on youtube after the first 2)
about puting something under the bridge while tuning..
i might try that tomorrow, or else ill take it to a shop to make sure its right smile.gif

This post has been edited by Joruus: Sep 8 2008, 12:15 AM

--------------------
Gear:

+Quote Post
Toroso
Sep 8 2008, 01:37 AM
Joruus, this is something I think every guitar player should learn. So Google INTONATION and see what you find. If you have any questions, PM me and I will try to help.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 8 2008, 06:32 AM
QUOTE (Joruus @ Sep 8 2008, 12:15 AM) *
Thanks everyone smile.gif

I got the bridge set up at the right hight now using those videos, but now i cant get it in tune
Like, i tune the first string then second and when i tuned the 3rd string the 1st is out of tune again.

I saw something in the 3rd vid (later added on youtube after the first 2)
about puting something under the bridge while tuning..
i might try that tomorrow, or else ill take it to a shop to make sure its right smile.gif

Yeah, that's a good trick, I don't use it tho smile.gif

About the tuning, you just have tune it over and over, until it's close to the desired pitch... Then use the fine tuners to tune it perfectly... You might want also want to try tuning the string a little sharp ( if they do go flat everytime, if they go sharp then tune them a little flat ) so they wont fall too far from tune everytime smile.gif

I hope that makes sense

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Joruus
Sep 9 2008, 06:14 PM
I got it into tune yesterday and let it rest a night..
But now when i put on the locks at the nut everything is a bit out of tune again, some flat some sharp
(using podxt's tuner, everything does stay just within the brackets but doesnt come in the center and doesnt show the little arrows)

What are fine tuners? and can i use them after locking on the nut? That would sure help me alot.
(im guessing they are the little knobs at the end of the bridge wich can be turned without any wrench.. but i want to know for sure before touch them tongue.gif )

Also the intonation on each string is off a little bit (1 or 2 dots sharper at 12th fret on podxt tuner), can i change Intonation after locking the nut?

--------------------
Gear:

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 9 2008, 06:16 PM
QUOTE (Joruus @ Sep 9 2008, 06:14 PM) *
I got it into tune yesterday and let it rest a night..
But now when i put on the locks at the nut everything is a bit out of tune again, some flat some sharp
(using podxt's tuner, everything does stay just within the brackets but doesnt come in the center and doesnt show the little arrows)

What are fine tuners? and can i use them after locking on the nut? That would sure help me alot.
(im guessing they are the little knobs at the end of the bridge wich can be turned without any wrench.. but i want to know for sure before touch them tongue.gif )

Also the intonation on each string is off a little bit (1 or 2 dots sharper at 12th fret on podxt tuner), can i change Intonation after locking the nut?

Yeah, the fine tuners are just for that purpose, that you can FINE tune it after locking the nuts smile.gif

The locks must be opened tho, when setting up intonation smile.gif ( I think biggrin.gif )

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Joruus
Sep 9 2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks smile.gif

When i was tuning yesterday i forgot about the locks and broke my high e-string unsure.gif
I put on 6 new strings after removing all the old 6 strings at once, after this it was alot easyer to get tuned right, the tuning of first string didnt change as much after tuning the others like it did the day before.
With the old stings the first string would be off a whole tone, now it only went flat a bit.
(so sometimes breaking a string is good? ;P)

Anyway this makes me being alot more carefull with touching things im not sure about now..

I just hope changing the intonation with locks open doesn't mess up the whole
tuning again and makes me do it all over again tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear:

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 9 2008, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (Joruus @ Sep 9 2008, 06:47 PM) *
Thanks smile.gif

When i was tuning yesterday i forgot about the locks and broke my high e-string unsure.gif
I put on 6 new strings after removing all the old 6 strings at once, after this it was alot easyer to get tuned right, the tuning of first string didnt change as much after tuning the others like it did the day before.
With the old stings the first string would be off a whole tone, now it only went flat a bit.
(so sometimes breaking a string is good? ;P)

Anyway this makes me being alot more carefull with touching things im not sure about now..

I just hope changing the intonation with locks open doesn't mess up the whole
tuning again and makes me do it all over again tongue.gif

Well, I don't think it's going to change it dramatically, but I'm sure you have to re-tune after, but no biggie smile.gif
My guitars intonation also isn't pitch perfect on all strings, but I don't mind biggrin.gif

--------------------

- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:46 AM