10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
The Gmc Borderline Group Program
Chris S.
Jul 15 2015, 09:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Bring on the pain!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2015, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Assignment 3 – Rock

This third assignment is based on rock style. I consider that this lesson is even more demanding than the previous lessons because it's at a higher level. I know that you won't have enough time to master the whole thing and play the licks tight but as I said before, you don't have to play the whole thing, and also I expect from you variations based on the licks shared on this lesson. So it will be interesting to see how you simplify those licks that are over your current technique level. This lesson is based on the style of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, so you'll also incorporate some other their phrasing elements and scale choices into your own playing.

The specific elements that we will focus on this one are:

- Legato
- Slide
- Harmonics
- Phrasing with Lydian mode

Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Fallin...A-Lydian-Dream/

Deadline: July 27th

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jul 16 2015, 05:35 PM
Learning Roadie
ohmy.gif

I'm gonna need more fingers...

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 17 2015, 12:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Guys.
Can any of you explain the Harmonics?
Position of the fingers on the string and position of the picking hand.... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 17 2015, 01:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jul 17 2015, 07:03 AM) *
Hi Guys.
Position of the fingers on the string and position of the picking hand.... ohmy.gif

This helped me... some

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jul 17 2015, 08:03 AM) *
Hi Guys.

Hi Beat! The video shared by yoncopin is very clear. Here you have another lesson that you could check:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Tapped-Harmonics/

The lesson also includes some pinch harmonics so you could check this lesson too: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pinch-Harmonics-Workout/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2015, 10:37 PM
Instructor
hey guys, how is this going?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 20 2015, 07:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 19 2015, 09:37 PM) *

I give my best!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 21 2015, 02:16 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 19 2015, 05:37 PM) *

Going ok, I guess. I was able to learn the first half of the song over the weekend. After about 0:46 it's completely impossible to play due to the speed, so I've been working on my own phrase to finish things out. I think I have something and I wrote it down & recorded it quickly tonight so I wouldn't forget it. Now just need more repetitions because everything is a sloppy mess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 21 2015, 06:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 19 2015, 10:37 PM) *

not fantastic! mellow.gif Ive yet to make any real progress at the moment tbh, but its early. I'll see how the rest of the week goes.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2015, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Great guys! Remember that this week's assignment is to push you the more possible and also to make you take fast decisions on how to arrange the solo to make it suitable for your playing.

I won't judge if you don't play the tricky parts, I will judge quality on what you play... no quantity no speed, just quality and personal touch. smile.gif

Let me say that you guys are doing a killer job and that I'm proud of how this program is evolving.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2015, 03:33 PM
Instructor
4 days to go... you are so silent on this one... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 23 2015, 05:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 23 2015, 02:33 PM) *
4 days to go... you are so silent on this one... biggrin.gif

Hard work....! tongue.gif
I go this way. unsure.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Falling_in_a_Lydian_Dream.mp3 ( 821.35K ) Number of downloads: 70

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 23 2015, 05:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jul 23 2015, 12:10 PM) *

Woah Beat, you've got way more of this one down than I have.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2015, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jul 23 2015, 01:10 PM) *

Hey Satch! Is that you??? biggrin.gif

This preliminary take is very promising mate! I like how you are using your tremolo bar on this one. Please be careful with some note choices in the second half and with timing when you record the final take.

Keep on rocking!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 25 2015, 06:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok, here's my final take for this lesson. I don't really love this one, tried to work the legato in the phrases I added at the end. Meh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 26 2015, 09:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys.

This is my final take.

Tomorrow i have a long long work day and not time for playing guitar.
I work really hard on my vibrato. But when i am watch my vibrato in my video i am not really happy!

Assignment 3: Final Take

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2015, 06:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Beat and yoncopin, you guys done great with this. You both got a lot more of the licks than I managed, well done. It was a tough lesson to work on blink.gif

I dont think Im going to make any improvements by tomorrow so Ive just done my take today.

just a couple of points rolleyes.gif
I dont have a guitar with a whammy but I do have a whammy pedal! Ive never really used it yet other than for detuning ( its the digitech whammy DT ).
I didnt attempt too much of the original lesson because I just sounded like I was playing a crappy version of the licks. I felt it was better to just not play them at all.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jul 26 2015, 06:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 26 2015, 05:00 PM) *
Hey Beat and yoncopin, you guys done great with this. You both got a lot more of the licks than I managed, well done. It was a tough lesson to work on blink.gif

I dont think Im going to make any improvements by tomorrow so Ive just done my take today.

I dont have a guitar with a whammy but I do have a whammy pedal! Ive never really used it yet other than for detuning ( its the digitech whammy DT ).
I didnt attempt too much of the original lesson because I just sounded like I was playing a crappy version of the licks. I felt it was better to just not play them at all.

Bleez
I find your version of this lesson awesome!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 26 2015, 07:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 26 2015, 01:00 PM) *

I agree, I feel like your interpretation is much more creative than mine. You got a little loose at the very end, but it was awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:26 PM