Lundgren Pickups Tshirt Story, Building From The Ground Up
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2013, 08:11 PM
GMC:er
I wanted to share a quick story about getting Lundgren Picks Tshirt. I emaild the company about getting a BIG (I'm a BIG dude) Tshirt for when I shoot a vid reviewing their pickups. Johan Lundgren himself (the guy who started the company) responded personally and sent me the shirt himself. I was taken aback by this at first thinking surely that they had a very large apparatus for dealing with this kind of thing. But come to find out, it's a very small company and Johan is very hands on with everything.

It's another good example of someone starting from scratch. With little or nothing, and turning it in to something world wide. It certainly didn't hurt that he was friends with MESHUGGAH and that they used his pickups and wore his tshirts smile.gif

It remined me of our very own VONHOTCH who has built up a Custom Pick and Accessories biz from scratch right here @ GMC smile.gif

Here is a pick of thread on facebook where Johan responded.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 10 2013, 08:36 AM
Instructor
That is cool. Most companies really are just started from one person and an idea.. thankfully a lot of them, no matter how big they get, still care about what they do smile.gif

On that John Petrucci vid that Darius posted the other day, Larry DiMarzio himself was answering questions about the pickups in the comments. People really appreciate that human touch and it really doesn't take a lot on behalf of the company founders just to give that bit of themselves sometimes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 10 2013, 08:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:23 AM