What's Wrong With My Acoustic?!, ;-(
DethKlok
Apr 9 2008, 05:54 AM
GMC:er
I just bought a new Ventura Dreadnought a few weeks ago, and I was really happy with the sound, until the unthinkable happened. All of the sudden, when I play my D string a little harder I get this nasty buzzing noise, and I can't figure out where it's coming from. The rest of the strings sound fine. When I play 5th fret on the A string and 10th fret on my low E, I also get the same buzz. It doesn't look like it's hitting any of the frets. All I can think of is that something is loose in the guitar, and the frequency of the A is making it resonate and rattle. Any ideas? Would this be possible to fix, or am I screwed?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 9 2008, 08:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
Something like that happened to me once. It turned out it was just some small things on the string itself that had loosened and was hanging loose on the string, which jumped around and made noises when I was playing. I just pulled them off (the small loose ends, not the string tongue.gif), and it was fixed =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 9 2008, 08:18 AM
GMC:er
I had the same problem actually, its because the strings are too close to the fretboard, i suggest you take it back to the place where you brought it and make them fix it, thats what i did.

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 9 2008, 08:42 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Loose D string, 5 fret A string, 10th fret E string.

Seems the buzzing lays on straight a line, if you figure it.

Can you raise the bridge on the low end? Or is the neck twisted, try looking at the neck like you do a pool cue.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 9 2008, 09:26 PM
Instructor
DOn't know, bu twith the acoustics I would always leave it to expert repair man. WHo know what could it be. Take it to shop if the problem persist - that's for sure.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
wrk
Apr 9 2008, 09:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 9 2008, 09:42 AM) *
Loose D string, 5 fret A string, 10th fret E string.

The noise his only when you play a D note ... even on different strings.
It's just a guess, but i think the frequency of the D note causes some vibrations somewhere on your guitar. Try to locate from which area the noise is coming, check if everything is well attached ... it could be even just a paper label inside the guitar.

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 9 2008, 10:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Check the nut?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 10 2008, 12:40 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well you can try to change strings..Buzzing is acceptable in some degree though... wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 12:24 AM