Replacing An Edge Pro, on an ibanez RG1570
Mr T
Feb 2 2008, 10:27 PM
GMC:er
Heya,

I've got a problem with my tremelo on my RG1570. One of the knives edges is really worn out. These Edge Pro's are supposed to be really good and last alot of years. Since I have hardly used mine, I think it was like this when I bought it. (bought it second hand when I didn't know anything about guitars) When I use the tremelo it goes completely out of tune, which means I can't use it.

Selling it ain't an option. I'm not gonna screw someone over on this, and it's not gonna fetch alot of money when I'm being honest. So I've considered fixing the bridge. But lately I'm into alot of music that requires the use of a good tremelo and since my other guitar has a fixed bridge, I'll need my RG.

So, I'm looking for a good replacement. Preferably something that can replace the current one without too many adjustments. (removing wood, drilling etc.) And it has to have a radius to go along with the fretboard and it must retain the same string lenght... :s

So, my question is: Does anyone know a good replacement tremelo to fit on my RG?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 3 2008, 12:20 AM
Instructor
You can buy a separate Egde Pro on Ebay and give to some guitar repairman to install it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 3 2008, 12:53 AM
I guess you could just file and lube the knife edges.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 3 2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the replies.

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 3 2008, 12:53 AM) *
I guess you could just file and lube the knife edges.

It probably can't hurt to try this first. Hadn't actually thought about this yet! wink.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Feb 3 2008, 12:20 AM) *
You can buy a separate Egde Pro on Ebay and give to some guitar repairman to install it.

If filing fails I'll see if I can get one. A while back they were only on ebay for 349$, which I thought was quite alot. But I'm seeing a few for around 250$ now as well. With the current high euro price that would be about €169 for me. I consider that doable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Feb 3 2008, 11:24 AM
It must be a really old RG for it to have worn down, the pro is a fine machine...

I personally would replace it - http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Parts scroll down to the trems and i think its the Edge Pro 6. Rich, the owner of that website, is a very trusted member among the high end Ibanez "people", so you should have no problems, and it looks cheaper than ebay.

Good luck

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 3 2008, 11:32 AM
QUOTE (Mr T @ Feb 3 2008, 09:26 AM) *
It probably can't hurt to try this first. Hadn't actually thought about this yet! wink.gif smile.gif

Just make sure you read up on it first if you haven't filed similar things before. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr T
Feb 3 2008, 04:31 PM
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Feb 3 2008, 11:24 AM) *
It must be a really old RG for it to have worn down, the pro is a fine machine...

I personally would replace it - http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Parts scroll down to the trems and i think its the Edge Pro 6. Rich, the owner of that website, is a very trusted member among the high end Ibanez "people", so you should have no problems, and it looks cheaper than ebay.

Good luck

Mine is from 2003, so it could be alot older. Only thing I can think of to have caused the wear is that the previous owner must have rested his hand on the bridge, causing too much lateral pressure on the edge. Thanks for the link btw, if I end up having to buy another trem I'll definitely have a good look there.

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 3 2008, 11:32 AM) *
Just make sure you read up on it first if you haven't filed similar things before. wink.gif

Will do. Don't wanna destroy things that I don't have to.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:30 AM