Guitarport Or Jamvox, Which one to buy
MikeBH
Jul 17 2008, 11:13 AM
GMC:er
I was thinking about buying the Line 6 GuitarPort for my PC, but then I happened to see that Vox are about to release a similar product they call JamVox (http://www.voxamps.co.uk/jamvox/) that seems to take the concept even a bit further.

As the Vox offering isn't available yet I understand one can't say anything definitive about it, but do you think it is worth waiting for it instead of buying the GuitarPort right away?

One of the unique features about Jamvox is that it claims you can take almost any song, mute out the guitar part(s) and then jam along with it.

What do you think about such a feature?

I don't know too much about recording, but I have a feeling it could prove quite a handful to start muting out parts of let's say a Satriani or Vai song?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 17 2008, 11:54 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I think the Jamvox looks quite cool. I watched their demo where they mute out a solo track and that works great. But of course they picked a track where the result would be good (solo on one channel, the rest of the other) while the result I think will be less briliant in other cases, but still a useful tool.

I have the guitarport and I think it's an okay soundinterface to use. But I like the options of the jambox abut more where you easily can move effect pedals around, simulate humbuckers as single coils and vice verca and what I like especially is what they call the "audition mode", where you as far as I understand it can work on the tone while it's auditioned to you interactively. That's what I find really really annoying with the guitarport and the POD X3 aswell where I have to turn a know, strike a chord, turn a knob again to get it right and all of this with the guitar between me and the desk. Great feature!

Knowing my guitarport and seeing the jamvox I think I could have more fun with the jamvox today, enough pedals and amps to tweak a good tone. The guitarport have more amps and pedals seemingly but the jamvox seem to have more goodies.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 17 2008, 01:14 PM
Don't know about the jamvox, but I've heard Port, and it's nicesounding.

+Quote Post
MikeBH
Jul 18 2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll at least wait around until I can actually get my hands on the JamVOX system.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:32 AM