2 Pages V  < 1 2  
A Plea To Instructors
Fran
Sep 5 2011, 10:48 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 4 2011, 06:45 AM) *
All of the lessons are in the WIKI as a bonus! Thank GOD for Fran! He RAWKS!

http://bit.ly/twtgmc

Thanks man, glad to be of help wink.gif
I'm going to add more now cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 5 2011, 11:20 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 5 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Very good feedback here - please keep them coming and we will try to revise (and possibly better standardise) lesson guidelines!

They are very good lessons. I think the lessons that are level 6 and above should include a brief video discussion on technique, as it is great when u are not ready to tackle the lesson yet but you can learn from a certain technique, eg: rapid trills, fast Ap, fluid legato etc.

If there was a video discussion briefly on this, ppl of lesser skill, ie ME, would be able to start chopping away at these parts of the lesson and come back a few months later when the technique has been tackled.....just a thought mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 5 2011, 11:59 AM
Instructor
Some good suggestions here, will try to improve it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 5 2011, 02:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 5 2011, 04:45 AM) *
No the flash full screen mode is a little limiting. It's possible but requires a major rebuild

I never fullscreen it anyway. tongue.gif I just watch the instructor and tabs. I mainly use my ear to help me time the tabs.

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 5 2011, 03:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 3 2011, 10:33 AM) *
There is a free trial here : http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php
You can also use this alternative version of the software which offers similar funcionality (for free!) : http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/download.html

I'm sure Guitar Pro is a much better tool than TuxGuitar, but TG fits my needs (& wallet) perfectly. Most of you here at GMC are adding new items to my "gear wish list"everyday. I currently am using Linux but TG will certainly work on Windows or Apple. It really helps to see the sheet music & tabs together. I use it for nearly every lesson.
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 4 2011, 12:45 AM) *
And they come to a Two Hour Intensive Marathon Melt Your Fingers Clinic Each Weekend with yours truly @ 10PM GMT. smile.gif

All of the lessons are in the WIKI as a bonus! Thank GOD for Fran! He RAWKS!
http://bit.ly/twtgmc

I love the new name for the Saturday Video Chat! Can we get t-shirts made with T.H.I.M.M.Y.F.C. ? laugh.gif

The WIKI is also a valuable resource. I'll add my thanks as well, Fran!

A lot of great comments here!

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Sep 5 2011, 03:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
The fact that Kris you listen to us on here is what makes it so valuable! Really appreciate all the work everyone does!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2011, 10:42 PM
Instructor
I just went through all that was being written in here smile.gif on one hand, all the remarks are very good and they shall most certainly bring progress to our already awesome site. BUT maybe, some of you will tell me I'm wrong or something in that direction - I strongly believe that there has to be a challenge factor in the lessons which doesn't have to reside in technical prowess only, as thefireball said...using our ears is the essence of becoming a good musician and if we totally give everything already processed to our brain, we won't develop any awesome skill at all, don't you think? It's just a thought, but learning songs by ear, helps A LOT.. trust me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 6 2011, 08:14 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2011, 11:42 PM) *
I just went through all that was being written in here smile.gif on one hand, all the remarks are very good and they shall most certainly bring progress to our already awesome site. BUT maybe, some of you will tell me I'm wrong or something in that direction - I strongly believe that there has to be a challenge factor in the lessons which doesn't have to reside in technical prowess only, as thefireball said...using our ears is the essence of becoming a good musician and if we totally give everything already processed to our brain, we won't develop any awesome skill at all, don't you think? It's just a thought, but learning songs by ear, helps A LOT.. trust me smile.gif

Hmm you have got a point - but I don't really think people need GMC for that kind of challenge (well maybe and ear training machine excepted, it would be cool to have that).

Also this kind of challenge could be suited for a competition ("transcribe this solo" kind of thing)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 6 2011, 04:39 PM
Instructor
Maybe what jst is saying is that at slower speeds instructors could accentuate the pulse and the down-beat and make it really clear so that you have a guideline to be translated when it's played at faster speeds,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:23 PM