Sliding Noise, Weird slide noises while strumming
Henkka
Mar 2 2008, 07:31 PM
GMC:er
I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with these unwanted noises while strumming. Noise comes from E, A and D strings (they're called bass strings, I think?) while moving from chord to another. I can produce the noise easily by just sliding my fingers on the strings without fretting anything (it's that *SCHWEECH* -noise... you with me? smile.gif ) Otherwise those noises wouldn't bother me but they sound horrible when listening to my recordings...

How do you handle this issue? I noticed that if I don't lift my fingers from the fretboard when switching from chord to another, the noise pretty much disappears, but the overall sound and feel changes to something else as well. I've tried to lift my fingers a bit more from the fretboard so my fingers wouldn't slide on the strings, but this is quite difficult, since I seem to get that noise almost everytime I land my fingers on the frets.

Attached ImageOr could it be that I just happen to have the crappiest strings around? smile.gif I changed a new set today, but the noise just got worse.

Would any of you have any tips to overcome this problem?

PS. I can cheat with this and just turn the drive knob to 11, but It's not really that helpful when I look for a clean sound wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2008, 08:20 PM
Instructor
Everybody has this noise, over time you learn to dim it a little, and can be diminished when chaning chords fast and precise. You can also use some strings that have a more rounded wounds like eric johnson signature.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 3 2008, 05:34 PM
On some songs it's actually desirable...when Ritchie Blackmore does it, it has to be for sure laugh.gif

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Henkka
Mar 3 2008, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (SinoMan @ Mar 3 2008, 06:34 PM) *
On some songs it's actually desirable...when Ritchie Blackmore does it, it has to be for sure laugh.gif

Yeah it sounds good when it's in the right place. I just seem to produce it right where I don't want it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 3 2008, 07:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well for now you can turn down drive a little wink.gif We all have it , some more some less..You learn over time to avoid it as much as it is possible.. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:43 PM