3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Most Emotional Guitarist?, Andy Timmons
Iluha
May 15 2007, 09:49 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5ALwj_fKU...ted&search=

This is one prime example of a unique feel, Iv'e hear people being able to mimic Vai's feel, but I never heard anyone who can mimic Andy's feel, each note is just pumped with emotion (atleast to my ears).
Iv'e never actually heard a more emotional driving guitarist to be honest, only ones that came close to it were Satch and Vai.

you still don't buy it? here's the best example of this legend's unique touch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVVZYOvMFY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 15 2007, 10:00 PM
Instructor
That's a pretty nice song but i still like Vai's feel and touch much more!
Before like half a year ago i was all blown away by those "solo" guitarists like Vai, Angelo, Satch.... now i like the song energy much more. To understand what i mean i suggest you listen to Dark Moor (a spanish band with Enric Garcia on lead guitar - kickass guitarist) and Rhapsody Of Fire.

I am a HUGE fan of Vai but i didn't listen to his music for like 6 months now. That's the reason i am working on mixing of styles - power-metal with shred like Rusty Cooley and Luca Turilli - this mix gives me both song energy and a place for my love for shred! I hope i'll finally manage to master that style in a couple of years as well as orchestral arrangements!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 15 2007, 10:47 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Dark Moor are just awesome, Rhapsody Of Fire, well there gods, check out both those bands, incredible stuff, with Grade A Muscianship

+Quote Post
Robin
May 15 2007, 11:13 PM
SRV, clapton, BB king and hendrix maybe, imo.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jul 29 2007, 03:32 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 15 2007, 11:14 PM
SRV Can still make me Bend at the knees,

His playin is on another level

+Quote Post
VinceG
May 16 2007, 03:42 AM
for me its gotta be Zaza, his performance in Korea doing the song I'm Alright just blows me away. He is always happy and you can tell he loves being a musician. Hes amazing, plus hes hot tongue.gif. Another fav would be Satch because when he does ballads like Love Thing, its amazing when he says wah while playing. I kinda emulate that when I play with my wah pedal.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
May 16 2007, 05:49 AM
I think all guitarists play with a lot of emotion, but someone like Andy who has a dynamic sound and does a lot of string bending will sound more ‘emotional’ to most people. To me, a guitarist playing with a lot of emotion has more to do with how much their music affects me emotionally. For instance, most people say that Rusty Cooley doesn’t play with much emotion, but his music affects me more on an emotional level than most guitarists, because I perceive a ton of emotional intensity in his music. So it’s like intensity as an emotion instead of something joyful sounding that you might hear in a lot of Timmons’ or Zaza’s stuff. I hear subtler moods in Rusty’s music.

But as far as easy to pick up on emotional sounding playing, there’s your usual Vai and Satch, as well as lesser known players like Dave Martone and Thomas Blug, who both play with a ton of emotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2oz_htG1M

I also really love the emotion in contemporary classical guitarist Andrew York's music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV7TA0OSrik

http://stream.publicbroadcasting.net/produ...onal-514986.mp3

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
May 16 2007, 05:57 AM
Allan Holdsworth is my favorite!

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 16 2007, 09:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ May 16 2007, 06:49 AM) *
I think all guitarists play with a lot of emotion, but someone like Andy who has a dynamic sound and does a lot of string bending will sound more ‘emotional’ to most people. To me, a guitarist playing with a lot of emotion has more to do with how much their music affects me emotionally. For instance, most people say that Rusty Cooley doesn’t play with much emotion, but his music affects me more on an emotional level than most guitarists, because I perceive a ton of emotional intensity in his music.

Agreed about that! People often think if someone bends the string 350 times in one song than he plays emotional. I also agree with what you said about Rusty!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
andrei.sz
May 16 2007, 10:32 AM
if it's not about shred and speeeedddd.... David Gilmour would be the most "feeling" player for me and of course little wing, castel made of sand and hey baby(woodstock version, i guess) from Jimi.
as for the shreders ... Vai

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 16 2007, 12:04 PM
And of course we all know at GMC Its still possible to play fast and be emotional, i agree with Pavel and Instrumental Case, its about how the music affects the individual person

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 16 2007, 05:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Why don't we let them settle it? You can tell it was difficult to enter after Shawn Lane, rest his soul, so Paul did a number on it biggrin.gif
Full stage of guitarists
Bad sound but anyway.

And the winner is..... from Texas, aswell for him - rest his soul

*drumroll*

Goosebumps

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 16 2007, 05:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Oh... this is quite cool, Timmons and Satriani.

And I also found an interview with John Petrucci laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 16 2007, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post
Iluha
May 16 2007, 06:02 PM
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ May 16 2007, 06:49 AM) *
I think all guitarists play with a lot of emotion, but someone like Andy who has a dynamic sound and does a lot of string bending will sound more ‘emotional’ to most people. To me, a guitarist playing with a lot of emotion has more to do with how much their music affects me emotionally. For instance, most people say that Rusty Cooley doesn’t play with much emotion, but his music affects me more on an emotional level than most guitarists, because I perceive a ton of emotional intensity in his music. So it’s like intensity as an emotion instead of something joyful sounding that you might hear in a lot of Timmons’ or Zaza’s stuff. I hear subtler moods in Rusty’s music.

But as far as easy to pick up on emotional sounding playing, there’s your usual Vai and Satch, as well as lesser known players like Dave Martone and Thomas Blug, who both play with a ton of emotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2oz_htG1M

I also really love the emotion in contemporary classical guitarist Andrew York's music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV7TA0OSrik

http://stream.publicbroadcasting.net/produ...onal-514986.mp3

That's the feeling I get when I listen to Andy. when a guitar tune can bring me close to tears, It's emotional for me, and some of Andy Timmons's tunes, especially Cry For You, could get me weepin if I'm in the right(or wrong) mood.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
May 16 2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I love Cry For You. Maybe Andy's best song.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 16 2007, 11:20 PM
Takayoshi Ohmura, Syu, Gus G, George Lynch

Shred For The Attack

My favorite is Gus G, Amazing player and musician

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: May 16 2007, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 17 2007, 01:23 AM
May sound strange. But I think buckethead has a hell of alot fo feeling . Why you might ask ? Well he doesnt show any emotion at all. All of his feelings are trapped underneath a gigantic bucket and a mask. He lets his guitar tell the story , and like said before his stuff speaks to me and I think thats what really counts.

regards-john

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 17 2007, 02:24 AM
Instructor
I think that it is a very individual thing. There are a lot of emotional players and a lot of emotional bands.
Hendrix, SRV, Steve Vai have/had a lot of feeling for me...

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
May 17 2007, 02:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
The most emotional guitar for me would definately be David Gilmour, his solos just bring you somewhere else, i dont know what it is about them, but i love em!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
May 17 2007, 03:03 AM
Gabriel, god damned you found a winner with Cry For You. Wow, that just beat me in to the ground. I felt spent after listening to that. I never heard of him, but he reminds me a lot of Gary Moore. If you ever seen him play, he pours his heart and soul in to every thing he does, and he sounds it. Thats what this felt like to me. Excellent piece of music.

Boris

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:06 PM