In The Style Of: Def Leppard
lefty01
Dec 19 2007, 01:38 AM
GMC:er
Hi all. I am a HUGE fan of Def Leppard. Was wondering if anyone else would like to see a Def Leppard lesson on here??? Sure you would!! biggrin.gif
C'mon fellow GMC'ers! Who's with me??? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 19 2007, 01:47 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Yea I love Def Leppard, the other guitarist in my band and I had a go at writing and recording a Def Leppard style song a while back, have a listen if ya like, trouble is Def Leppard are so "produced" hundreds of vocal tracks and guitar tracks going on to give them that sound. smile.gif

But yea I`d like to see one too smile.gif

[attachment=3039:attachment]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 19 2007, 01:50 AM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
lefty01
Dec 19 2007, 02:25 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 18 2007, 07:47 PM) *
Yea I love Def Leppard, the other guitarist in my band and I had a go at writing and recording a Def Leppard style song a while back, have a listen if ya like, trouble is Def Leppard are so "produced" hundreds of vocal tracks and guitar tracks going on to give them that sound. smile.gif

WOW! Great track. I can actually hear that being on thier new cd...no joke. Very cool.
You are right about being so over produced. I saw them live a few years ago, but on a few songs "something" was missing. I guess it is hard to reproduce (live), something that has like 10 guitar parts on it. Don't get me wrong..great show, they still rocked. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kahall
Dec 19 2007, 04:30 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 18 2007, 06:47 PM) *

I have seen Def Leppard live more than any other band. I think the music is kind of simple, pop rock? if you will but their concerts are lots of fun.

Oh yeah, I like the track very much.

This post has been edited by kahall: Dec 19 2007, 04:31 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Dec 19 2007, 05:11 AM
Gabriel's open chord rock rhythm and solo lessons are kinda Def Leppard style

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 19 2007, 05:33 AM
Hmm, I saw them live with Journey. It was a pretty cool concert, very energetic!

+Quote Post
Bulletproof
Dec 19 2007, 05:53 AM
What has 9 arms and sucks......Def Leppard. LOL...just kidding. I honestly think that the drummer is amazing only using one arm...imagine if it was the guitarist that lost his arm? I would deff. like a Def Leppard in style of lesson. Since they have many different aspects to their music it will be easy to pick a song that suits their style to copy from smile.gif

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 19 2007, 08:16 AM
Learning Roadie
+1 for def leppard style

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 19 2007, 10:58 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Dec 19 2007, 01:25 AM) *
they still rocked. tongue.gif

I saw them "in the round" many years ago at Londons, Earls Court on the "Lets Get Rocked" tour, and yea they totally rocked, Viv Campbell is a fav guitarist of mine from the Dio days and I think Phil Collen is an underated guitarist too, yea they did "ROCK"! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:46 PM