2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reverbnation, Great Self Marketing Tool
kaznie_NL
May 17 2010, 02:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
soo... You can can now go AND BUY MY MUSIC laugh.gif Like you want to tongue.gif If anyone feels like sponsoring a rising guitarist, here's your chance tongue.gif

http://www.reverbnation.com/store/store/ar...item_type=music
http://www.reverbnation.com/kazv

BTW.... how did you get traffic to your reverbnation profile?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: May 17 2010, 03:13 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 17 2010, 05:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 17 2010, 03:51 PM) *
soo... You can can now go AND BUY MY MUSIC laugh.gif Like you want to tongue.gif If anyone feels like sponsoring a rising guitarist, here's your chance tongue.gif

http://www.reverbnation.com/store/store/ar...item_type=music
http://www.reverbnation.com/kazv

BTW.... how did you get traffic to your reverbnation profile?

There is ability to link the myspace and facebook page to reverbnation and it will read your friends/fans and list it in reverbnation. Posting links on those socials networds+forums should drive you some traffic to the profile.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ItsMe
May 17 2010, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 17 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Some songs I can get just under 8mb, But the majority of my songs are about 12-40mb when I compress them to MP3 (Which is all you are allowed to upload) - The uncompressed versions of my songs are about 120-170mb.

Yes its 8mb per song, And I can fit 3 of my 10 songs in that limit, And those are my 3 shortest ones laugh.gif (3:22, 4:05, and 5:04) Every other song I have after that is between 7 - 13 minutes, Even the other 20 or so "old" songs won't fit. Problem is, all the songs I would want people to hear are the longer ones, My 2 favorite songs of mine are both 12+ minutes

btw you sould downsample to 16 bits and 44 khz. Its impossible to get 170 mb mp3s then
but use a good dithering algorythm

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2010, 06:52 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I've decreased the bit rate and that helps a bit, Its just that the quality is bleh! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 17 2010, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 17 2010, 07:52 PM) *
I've decreased the bit rate and that helps a bit, Its just that the quality is bleh! laugh.gif

Generally 128 bit rate is standard and cool to me for listening. If song has nice production etc it shouldn't sound too bad. Maybe you are just oversensitive to quality smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: May 17 2010, 07:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2010, 07:01 PM
I think Its just because for the past 3 months I have been recording/rendering/mixing everything in 320+ bit rate, and everything as a .wav file - Its the sudden change that bothers me, But then again - its just for internet streaming, so like you said I'm probably being oversensitive laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 17 2010, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 17 2010, 08:01 PM) *
I think Its just because for the past 3 months I have been recording/rendering/mixing everything in 320+ bit rate, and everything as a .wav file - Its the sudden change that bothers me, But then again - its just for internet streaming, so like you said I'm probably being oversensitive laugh.gif

Yeah you are right, when you get used to good quality everything else sounds horrible even though these things are not registered by the average listener smile.gif You have some great material, so it would be cool to see your new album on sites such as reverbnation smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2010, 07:55 PM
I went from 320 to 96 and its still 11.5mb, Im going crazy! laugh.gif

Gonna just have to fork over the $30 I think, Cause I don't know if I can use anything under 96 - It just messes with my hard work too much tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 17 2010, 08:35 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 17 2010, 08:55 PM) *
I went from 320 to 96 and its still 11.5mb, Im going crazy! laugh.gif

Gonna just have to fork over the $30 I think, Cause I don't know if I can use anything under 96 - It just messes with my hard work too much tongue.gif

Damn, that is 12+ minutes song right ? smile.gif) Cut it in two ehehehe (I'm kidding that would butcher it) smile.gif

Let's see if someone has an idea how to make a nice small mp3 out of your songs?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2010, 08:46 PM
Good news is that it will allow my 7-9 minute songs to fit, but just barely. Better than nothing though. I just dont want to push it any lower, eventually it will reach a low quality that I just can't accept tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 17 2010, 08:52 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
MP3 compression is only roughly about 10 times based on a 44.1/16 to a 128 VBR so a big file like Uncreator has will still end up as a big MP3. You can get the mp3 a little bit smaller if you switch from VBR to CBR but the audio quality will be a little worse; similarly if you alter bit rate - reduce it from 128 to 96 and you will get a smaller file but also one that is of poorer audio quality. BTW many radio stations broadcast digital at either 128 or 192 - 320 is better than pretty much all broadcast audio - due to bandwidth. Much below 96 bit rate and the quality won't be good enough for music: below 128 and the artifacts and distortion is just too obvious to most people. Finally you can try a different mp3 rendering codec - ie Fraunhofer instead of LAME etc - to whichever your using but I think the compression will still be minimal.

One slightly different issue - if you're producing a CDA then you need to take the bit depth down from a 24 bit wave (or whatever bit depth your daw is running) to 16 to be red book CDA compatible. This should as ItsMe has already suggested be done via a good dithering setup. However, most (virtually all) mp3s now use VBR and it is not often necessary to change bit depth for an mp3 prior to rendering to that format.

Final final thing (promise wink.gif ) as an alternative to Reverbnation take a look at Bandcamp here. I don't know how it compares generally but it does allow you to use formats other than mp3.

This post has been edited by tonymiro: May 17 2010, 08:57 PM

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2010, 09:39 PM
As always Tony your knowledge pays off, I'll check out that website as well.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:15 AM