Here I Am!, Presentation of me (at demand of Ben Higgins)
STARTINJACK
May 4 2012, 10:35 AM
GMC:er
Well I'm quite new on the site (an old lonesome guitarist of 63 - next year I'll have finally the right to sing Lennon's "when I'm sixty-four"!)
Seriously here is my profile : I played guitar in the sixties (Rock, Blues...) in cover band. I've learned piano and theory (classic) in Academy school 5 years in this time.
My professional life of (shall I dare ? Banker...) is over and I start a return into music. My level ? Huh....I like blues, fusion, jazz and rock.
I follow a few jazz lesson with a professional Jazz Guitarist (Guy Raiff - Belgium) but find a bit too academic (however I like theory)
I work on : Room 335 (theme and chords ok but improvisation give me difficulties)
Quite well Sunset (Gary Moore) but Tak Matsumoto's cover
Working on Lucarelli's <Pentatonic add sixth and doing quite wel PiotrKakczor's Ballad and Blues (except passage of 0,30time)
My material : Fender strat Us Amplifier Vox Boss blues Intend to buy a Music man (with Piezzo - Petrucciani model)
My difficulty : velocity mad.gif

Bob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 4 2012, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Hi Bob, great introduction ! laugh.gif

You have an issue with velocity you say ? Speeding up those fingers ?

Even though this isn't your style of music, you might find it useful to run through this every day.. or every couple of days.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ll-offs-lesson/

How about your picking hand ? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
derper
May 5 2012, 06:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey, I am/was also working on Lucarelli's Minor add 6th lesson!! It's a great one! Before that, I did (for my first and only REC take thus far) his "Scofield Style" lesson. If you like the Minor add 6th, you should check that one out too!!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 08:10 PM
Instructor
Hey Bob! Welcome man! biggrin.gif Let us know if we can help with anything and we are sure to help biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:30 AM