First Music Project/solo For 2013?
Todd Simpson
Jan 4 2013, 04:53 AM
GMC:er
I just completed my first Guest Solo for 2013 for ALEXA ( A lovely German lass who does very spiff Power Metal)

http://www.alexa-musik.de/english/e-index2.htm

QUESTION: What are you guys working on for your first 2013 Music Project? A GMC Collab? Guest Solo? Original Music?

Todd

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 4 2013, 07:04 AM
Congrats man! I really want to start doing guest solos and collaborations with people but it's hard to get your name out, especially when you don't have many videos of you showing your skill... I suppose I should do that. tongue.gif

My first project is recording and mixing my bands second EP. I started a month ago doing drum tracks and now we're closing in on finishing all the recording. After that we'll get together and talk about it, what we like and what we don't, what parts need to be re-recorded, what parts need changing, if we want backup vocals or trumpet in certain parts, that sort of thing. It's very exciting for me as it's my first full length release... (if you can call an EP full length) a release that I'm recording, producing, and playing on. A pretty awesome accomplishment at 19 if I can actually pull it off! I'm having my doubts it'll turn out the way I want, but I have hope still!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2013, 09:57 AM
Instructor
The first project will be the GMC 'New Year's Race' Collab smile.gif After that, wee are slowly starting to work on the pre-production for the new Days of Confusion songs, as we are aiming to release a full album in November this year!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2013, 01:59 PM
Instructor
Congrats Todd! My first musical project for this year is to finish the composition and start recording the new Cirse's album that should be released this year. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 4 2013, 02:46 PM
I'd probably get some more video game metal covers out, then hopefully get started on my EP with other YouTubers

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 4 2013, 11:07 PM
Quick Tips for Guest Spots!!:

1.)Make youtube vids showcasing your spiffness!!! (GMC COLLABS ARE A GREAT WAY TO SHOWCASE YOUR SKILLS!!!!!!)

2.)Don't be shy!! I often find folks whose music I dig ( like Alexa ) and email them and ask if they'd like to collaborate on something. Then I shoot them some youtube links and what not.

Word usually spreads a bit by itself and then folks will eventually seek you out. For example the VERY killer Blackened Metal band named VERMIFORM asked me to do a guest spot after finding me through a fellow GMCer (Lacaille'sShroud). So take heart and shoot some GMC collab vids!!! smile.gif And don't be shy!!!

Looking forward to your EP!! I'd love to contribute a solo to a track of yours any time if you are up for it!!!

Todd

QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 4 2013, 01:04 AM) *
Congrats man! I really want to start doing guest solos and collaborations with people but it's hard to get your name out, especially when you don't have many videos of you showing your skill... I suppose I should do that. tongue.gif

My first project is recording and mixing my bands second EP. I started a month ago doing drum tracks and now we're closing in on finishing all the recording. After that we'll get together and talk about it, what we like and what we don't, what parts need to be re-recorded, what parts need changing, if we want backup vocals or trumpet in certain parts, that sort of thing. It's very exciting for me as it's my first full length release... (if you can call an EP full length) a release that I'm recording, producing, and playing on. A pretty awesome accomplishment at 19 if I can actually pull it off! I'm having my doubts it'll turn out the way I want, but I have hope still!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2013, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Speaking of GMC Collabs biggrin.gif I invite you ALL to participate in my newest one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47355

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 5 2013, 04:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
My first thing this year is for Gabriels British Metal Video Collab 2.
It is past the deadline, so I guess this is as good as it gets this time:

I'll sit and try to compose something now, it's been some time without much guitar playing with all the holidays but tonight I'm home alone

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jan 5 2013, 04:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 10 2013, 11:18 PM
Well played! Join up for I"m already looking forward to BRIT METAL 3!!!!

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jan 5 2013, 10:19 AM) *
My first thing this year is for Gabriels British Metal Video Collab 2.
It is past the deadline, so I guess this is as good as it gets this time:

I'll sit and try to compose something now, it's been some time without much guitar playing with all the holidays but tonight I'm home alone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:42 PM