Slash Attacked!
Daniel Realpe
Oct 5 2011, 01:29 AM
Instructor

What would you do if this was you playing on stage?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dark dude
Oct 5 2011, 01:45 AM
GMC:er
Ouch. I'm very impressed with how professional he was, in that he shrugged it off, tried to keep on playing (something happened to his guitar, though), switched to a working guitar, and finished the song.

I definately would try to be as composed as him - people came to watch you play!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by dark dude: Oct 5 2011, 01:45 AM

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 5 2011, 02:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Apparently the guitar went out of tune. Wow. What party poopers. But Slash kept on going. smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 5 2011, 03:28 AM
i would finish the song, then ask the crown to kill the man smile.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2011, 06:41 AM
Instructor
I have seen this before... you can take this as a curious thing but this remembers me to Dimebag... this type of situations could be very dangerous..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 5 2011, 10:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 5 2011, 06:41 AM) *
I have seen this before... you can take this as a curious thing but this remembers me to Dimebag... this type of situations could be very dangerous..

Exactly.

Until you know their intentions are innocent any stage invader is a threat.

That guy didn't stay around long enough for Slash to need to do anything but I really admire how cool he was. cool.gif

If the guy had done that to me and stuck around I would take his head off and ask questions later.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2011, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 5 2011, 06:07 AM) *
Exactly.

Until you know their intentions are innocent any stage invader is a threat.

That guy didn't stay around long enough for Slash to need to do anything but I really admire how cool he was. cool.gif

If the guy had done that to me and stuck around I would take his head off and ask questions later.

yes, it's true. He reacted very calmly. I think that they had lots of this situations with GnR in the old days so he doesn't feel surprised of the situation.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 5 2011, 06:20 PM
That's why I respect Slash so much! Even playing out of tune and the rest of the band for trying to recover. All the best to his family life now too (giving up his dangerous pets 'reptile collection' for the protection of his kids).

Even Justin Bieber handled his water bottle attack pretty well, compared to lets say Lil wayne who cancel his performance for the same issue and runs off stage in a hissy fit / crying. It makes a huge difference who people handle the situation.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 5 2011, 07:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
that's just professionalism on display. Great recovery.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2011, 08:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Oct 5 2011, 02:20 PM) *
That's why I respect Slash so much! Even playing out of tune and the rest of the band for trying to recover. All the best to his family life now too (giving up his dangerous pets 'reptile collection' for the protection of his kids).

Even Justin Bieber handled his water bottle attack pretty well, compared to lets say Lil wayne who cancel his performance for the same issue and runs off stage in a hissy fit / crying. It makes a huge difference who people handle the situation.

hahah yeah... it's a big difference! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 5 2011, 08:44 PM
Instructor
He handled it, professional person. In the end, people came to watch him play, and he tried to continue no matter what.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 5 2011, 11:02 PM
Instructor
Yes, he showed great professionalism and coolness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 6 2011, 01:22 AM
Instructor
a les paul is a heavy guitar, i would have used it smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 6 2011, 04:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I find much more amusing Keith Richard's attitude, now that's rock & roll laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 PM