> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rhoads - Bending Etude
Grades
Grades
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

rhoads
Sep 2 2011, 10:46 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi GMC,

Here is another lesson from my bending and vibrato odyssey smile.gif

Original: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guitar/bending-etude/

My take:

Sorry for the trouble. I realized that I uploaded the wrong take smile.gif. Now it is the good one smile.gif

Gear:

Ibanez S 470 DXQM
Amplitube
EMU 0404 USB
Logitech quickcam C200 with another sound card for audio input.
I connected the headphones output of the EMU to the line in of the other sound card.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 10 2011, 01:22 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 2 2011, 11:14 AM
Instructor
Hey Rhoads, good to see you continuing on your Odyssey, although it looks like your take is missing smile.gif

When it's there I'll take a look cool.gif

Ok, I would say that it is a generally strong take, with the first half being stronger than the second, mainly because the pitch of the notes sounded better. One suggestion I have is to watch out for bits like at 0:14.. you ended the note just a little bit too early in my opinion, which made it sound rushed. But having said that, the better you get, the more time you feel like you have so you don't feel the need to rush between phrases.

A positive performance all round smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2011, 05:06 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! I agree with the Benmeister! This is a good take, but you somehow lost confidence in the second part - was it just because you focused on the tapped parts? Practice slowly and concentrate on getting the notes clearer when tapping wink.gif good work all around!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 4 2011, 10:01 AM
Instructor
Very good take, I agree with Ben and Cosmin. First part was OK, you started convincing, but later on it was more weaker, and the tapping part needs more work.

In general, you need to make those bends a bit stronger. everything else is about polishing up.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 10 2011, 01:22 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Close man, 7.3 on this take..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:54 PM