5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Gab Jams Blues With You, No more excuses!!
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2018, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Hi friends!! LWho wants to Jam with me??

I've decided to open a new thread with an easier backing so everybody can join!! It's time for blues!!!

The backing was taken from '30 Beginner Blues Licks' lesson so you can get lots of ideas from there. (LINK)

The idea is simple. Record yourself doing a quick/spontaneous jam over this backing track. Share the video, only guitar audio and audio mix. I'll record a Jams inspired by each participant take.

Then I'll share a final video with this structure: Gab Intro - Participant 1 - Gab Jam - Participant 2 - Gab Jam - Participant 3 - Gab Jam and so...

Your take should be as long as the backing that I'm sharing here. (20 seconds)

Backing track: Attached File  Blues_Backing_Gab_Jam.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 295

KEY: E BLUES

CHORDS:
| E7 | A7 | E7 | E7 |
| A7 | A7 | E7 | E7 |
| B7 | A7 | E7 | B7 |

TIME: 12/8

Who is in?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 28 2018, 10:16 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 28 2018, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
Who could say no!! I'm in smile.gif
Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 28 2018, 08:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
100% in but it won't be until around October 8th as I'm on holiday from tomorrow, if that's not ok, just go ahead without me, I'll jam along to the track anyway when I get back.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2018, 06:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 28 2018, 02:40 PM) *
Who could say no!! I'm in smile.gif
Todd

Great!! Welcome master!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 28 2018, 04:26 PM) *
100% in but it won't be until around October 8th as I'm on holiday from tomorrow, if that's not ok, just go ahead without me, I'll jam along to the track anyway when I get back.

Cheers smile.gif

Cool! Great to have you in this one Phil!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Oct 1 2018, 02:14 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm working on something for this too. I tried the last backing and just couldn't find inspiration. I liked trying to break from the blues, but just couldn't find my footing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2018, 04:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Sep 30 2018, 10:14 PM) *
I'm working on something for this too. I tried the last backing and just couldn't find inspiration. I liked trying to break from the blues, but just couldn't find my footing.

Yeah! I've noticed that this happened to some students and that's why I've started this new one! Great to know that you'll share your take!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2018, 03:08 PM
Instructor
Hey guys!!

Don't forget this one!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 7 2018, 08:12 PM
I know this is supposed to be a quick spontaneous video take over these "Jammin with Gab" things but I've been away and only just got in my house. There hasn't been much action in this thread so I got sat down and did a single audio take, here it is, mistakes and all, there's a big stumble at 00:32. I hope it gets some activity going.

I'll do a video this week, it will be similar to this. I'll make it as spontaneous as I can after already doing one take wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/jammin-with-gab-iii-blues-e-take-1

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 8 2018, 11:09 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2018, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, nice to find this take here!! smile.gif

I've already said that you are a great improviser and that this recordings show your awesome progress and how your work at GMC is having a big impact in your overal guitar playing.

This blues solo has a very interesting phrasing work. The call and response concept can be clearly noted here and it evolves naturally. I also like your tone, it's clean, warm and it fits perfect with the backing track's sound.

Congrats and thank for joining!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 8 2018, 08:50 PM
Thanks Gab, that was just a super quick take to try and get the ball rolling. I got home late from work today so didn't get chance to do a video but I will very very soon.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 9 2018, 09:11 PM
Ok, here is a take, I'm not super happy with the timing and as usual I flunk the ending (as you can see by my face rolleyes.gif ) but it's spontaneous and the is an element of REC button syndrome going on. I reckon with some practise I could get a better take if you want me to.

https://youtu.be/KOkZRO-YX_U

Cheers gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2018, 02:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, good job mate!!

I've enjoyed your take, and watching your faces while playing those licks. You are really feeling it mate! I think that you should continue practicing Blues improvisations over this backing track, with the REC button On.

You can use this thread, or the mentoring one to share your different takes. My suggestion is to keep on recording and choose one element or concept to focus on each take.

These are some concepts that I would work:

- Dynamics
- Rhythm
- Vibrato
- Double stops (thirds / sixths)
- Scale choices
- Arpeggios
- Following the chords with thirds
- Bending
- Phrasing

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 10 2018, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 10 2018, 02:42 PM) *
Hi Phil, good job mate!!

I've enjoyed your take, and watching your faces while playing those licks. You are really feeling it mate! I think that you should continue practicing Blues improvisations over this backing track, with the REC button On.

You can use this thread, or the mentoring one to share your different takes. My suggestion is to keep on recording and choose one element or concept to focus on each take.

These are some concepts that I would work:

- Dynamics
- Rhythm
- Vibrato
- Double stops (thirds / sixths)
- Scale choices
- Arpeggios
- Following the chords with thirds
- Bending
- Phrasing

What do you think?

Thanks Gab,

I didn't realise I was doing those ugly faces until I watched it back, it's a bit embarrassing laugh.gif For me it's much harder when it's only 20 seconds, with a longer track like the one below, I can get absorbed in to it, with a short piece, I'm just getting into 2nd gear and the end turnaround comes and disrupts my flow. I know we need to be able to do quick improvisations but you can hear the difference. I've put my favourite Em take from a few weeks ago below for reference.

Cheers buddy

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/em-jam-ii

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2018, 04:01 PM
Instructor
hehehe don't worry, I think that those are great guitar faces! It's not a bad idea to be trained to do a cool improvisation over a short backing. Imagine that you are playing at a live jam with many guitarists. You'll have to be able to give your best when it comes your time. smile.gif

Your playing over Em backing is amazing mate, very tasty.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 10 2018, 04:37 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab, Phil

I'm in

Let me a few time, I have some ideas

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 10 2018, 08:56 PM
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 10 2018, 04:37 PM) *
Hi Gab, Phil

I'm in

Great I need some inspiration for this one wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2018, 01:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 10 2018, 12:37 PM) *
Hi Gab, Phil

I'm in

Great news mate!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 11 2018, 06:18 PM
Veteran Tone Master
The line is built, let me a few days to work on it.
My take this week end

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 11 2018, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 12 2018, 03:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 11 2018, 02:18 PM) *
The line is built, let me a few days to work on it.
My take this week end

Great news mate!! Can't wait to hear your take. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 13 2018, 11:17 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab, Phil

Here my Line
I shall to work to improve it
Video take soon

https://soundcloud.com/guitare-capture/work-on-line-gabs-collab-blues

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 13 2018, 11:19 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:24 AM