Lesson Idea for Kristofer
ruschm
Aug 10 2006, 09:22 PM
GMC:er
This is pretty specific...but I will give it a shot. Most guitar players use your basic penatonic scale pattern when getting ready to start soloing. I would like to learn how to add in notes from the mixolydian, dorian, aeolian modes, etc. but basing it off the major/minor penatonic scale shape which most people call the first position. That way I can use all my blues licks, throw in some flavor notes from the diferent modes, while still in position to use my penatonic licks again. BUT, I want to know when to use what modes and/or over what chords (major/minor) it will work with.

Great site Kristofer! I hope you can work something like this in.

laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/primalrock
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Aug 11 2006, 03:15 AM
that would be awsome I'd be interested in seeing that :wink:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 26 2006, 08:01 PM
GMC Founder
This is a very good idea, we'll have something like this!

+Quote Post
ruschm
Sep 7 2006, 07:35 PM
Awesome!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/primalrock

+Quote Post
mucismaniac
Oct 18 2006, 04:23 PM
wow coowl I can use that verry good I know all the pentatonic boxes now and I really want more

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Oct 18 2006, 10:34 PM
I want to tell you of a great book to read... Fretboard Logic 1-3. There are 3 volumes. You can find it at Guitar Center or most places like that. They are pretty cheap, unless you want the ones with the DVDs (Havn't seen them so I can't comment on how they are). The book is great though.. You learn the pentatonic scale first.. I already knew that one, but it was good to get their take on it. Then they extend into the Diatonic Scale.. which I believe goes from 5 notes to 7 (can't remember for sure). The last scale I learned was the Harmonic Minor. The good thing about learning these scales 1 at a time.. in this order.. is that it doesn't take hardly any time to learn the next scale because its just a few adjustments from diatonic scale.

Anyway.. just wanted to recommend that book to ya!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:54 PM