What Do You Pc Guys Recommend For A Good But Low Cost Sound Card?
Praetorian
Oct 31 2008, 01:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 that I have had forever. It was dirt cheap and has been fine, but it is way behind the rest of my system. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for a low cost card that will still be an improvement over the Audigy 2. I have been having some problems with sound issues in newer games like Dead Space. I updated the drivers and there is still a bad echoing problem that I can't find a cure for online, so I am guessing it is my sound card struggling. Here is the rest of my system:

3.4 ghz P4 dual core
2x512 meg Nvidia GeForce PCI-E cards in SLI
2 gig ram

What do you recommend?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 31 2008, 02:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
How about your Line6 Toneport, that should work well, right, no?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 31 2008, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Echoing could be a setting on your audigy sound card. I know when I had a card like that there was a setting for like "stadium", "Opera hall", "Bathroom"..You could load like templates and it would affect your sound universally. I would check into that before dumping money into any new stuff.

But if you're looking for a new card for recording guitar, I really like M audio stuff - kinda pricey but very reliable.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 2 2008, 05:08 PM
Instructor
If you need all around solution, for example wanna plugin the guitars and microphone straight into soundcard, then Toneport can be a very good choice. If you wanna cheap and higher quality PCI soundcard for mixing but without preamp and instrument inputs, consider 0404 EMU. It is cheaper than Toneport but has a better sound quality, converters and lower latency.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 2 2008, 05:36 PM
Instructor
I agree for EMU 0404. I have it. Awesome product for about £50

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
kjutte
Nov 2 2008, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 2 2008, 05:36 PM) *
I agree for EMU 0404. I have it. Awesome product for about £50

I'd go with Emu too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:18 AM