2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rating On Lessons
Adel Alsayed
Apr 20 2008, 07:28 PM
GMC:er
Why don't we make a rating with 1-5 on each lesson smile.gif
Or numbers how often a lesson got bookmarked.

Would be nice, huh biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Apr 20 2008, 07:34 PM
Good idea, Kris or some1 Could add a "Star" system, much of the ratings on youtube, like the way we rate profiles, that would be awesome to have on lesssons!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2008, 07:35 PM
Instructor
I don't think th ebookmark number will be good to be publicly available, but I would LOVE to see lesson ratings too. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 20 2008, 07:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
If you create your lesson plan on the main page, theres already a "dificulty rating", Just in case you hav'nt seen it yet. smile.gif

EDIT: sorry, think I misunderstood blink.gif 1-5 say star rating would be cool but I think it would become more of a "popularity contest"

This post has been edited by skennington: Apr 20 2008, 07:41 PM

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 20 2008, 07:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
I see how this could be an advantage, as it would show instructors and Kris what the students like, therefore making GMC even greater smile.gif

Maybe only the instructors and admins etc. could see what the rating on each lesson is though?

Just an idea smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 20 2008, 07:42 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't like the idea at all.
I'm opposed to that we should rate the lessons, it could rather turn out to be a rating of the instructors rather than the lesson, or a mix of both so in the end what would it tell us?

I also dislike the rating system in the forum. It's a bit silly, rating people for who they are. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 20 2008, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 20 2008, 02:42 PM) *
I don't like the idea at all.
I'm opposed to that we should rate the lessons, it could rather turn out to be a rating of the instructors rather than the lesson, or a mix of both so in the end what would it tell us?

I also dislike the rating system in the forum. It's a bit silly, rating people for who they are. dry.gif

Yeah I had the same thoughts when I read it because it could end up disappointing or offending some people.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Apr 20 2008, 08:02 PM
But how fun would it be if every lesson you've made is in the rate: 1......not that fun, eh? I dont get the point of rating, something i like mabye you dislike. And i think the whole system would get more unfriendly as we're favorizing the instructors/lessons. If we start rating, we will make the popular instuctors even more popular, due to the rating (you rarely like a lesson if its in the rate of 1 or 2) and the less popular even less...

The good thing with Gmc, is that every person is equal, but if we start rating, im afraid we're going to turn into a youtube site....

This post has been edited by Martin la guitarra: Apr 20 2008, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 20 2008, 08:08 PM
I think this has already been suggested a while back and it is on Kris's upcoming layout/features topic which is here.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 20 2008, 08:18 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I don't like the idea. This isn't youtube. If it ever does become youtube, then that will be a sad day indeed.

Next we'll be flaming eachother in the forum and leaving death-threats below the videos in true youtube style.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 20 2008, 08:19 PM
Instructor
good idea Adel

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 20 2008, 08:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Apr 20 2008, 03:18 PM) *
Next we'll be flaming eachother in the forum and leaving death-threats below the videos in true youtube style.

Not on my watch, be reassured !

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 20 2008, 08:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Now that I think about it, dont we have something similar to this?
I mean, Kris can see how many views each lesson is getting, so he can tell which lessons are good and whatnot smile.gif
So I suppose this really isnt needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 20 2008, 09:08 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Well, I think that there should be a rating system, but we (the members) should only be allowed to rate and not watch the results. I think the final ratings should only be seen by the Moderators/Kris/Instructors, so that they can see if people are happy with the lesson or not to know if they should change something etc.

But a rating system would be beneficial for the instructors I think smile.gif

edit: the reason for me not wanting members/raters to see the results is because then we would be more honest and not affected by other members ratings smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Apr 20 2008, 09:09 PM

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 20 2008, 09:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Apr 20 2008, 08:08 PM) *
Well, I think that there should be a rating system, but we (the members) should only be allowed to rate and not watch the results. I think the final ratings should only be seen by the Moderators/Kris/Instructors, so that they can see if people are happy with the lesson or not to know if they should change something etc.

But a rating system would be beneficisl for the instructors I think smile.gif

Thats what I said! smile.gif
Glad someone agrees with me

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 20 2008, 09:11 PM
GMC Founder
This is a great idea and in the planning of the next version of the lesson layout.

We aren't really sure exactly what to do with the data - but some kind of user rating would be great for sure!

Thanks for the input! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
inertia
Apr 20 2008, 09:23 PM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Apr 20 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Thats what I said! smile.gif
Glad someone agrees with me

I agree as well, it would be great to give anonymous feedback on the lessons/instructors

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 20 2008, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Apr 20 2008, 08:18 PM) *
I don't like the idea. This isn't youtube. If it ever does become youtube, then that will be a sad day indeed.

The main reason why there is so much flaming and what-not on YouTube is that it is a free site, anyone can register and anyone can make a comment.

It's a lot different on GMC, I doubt anyone would post a rude or mean comment if it would risk getting their account and IP banned.

+Quote Post
bsamn
Apr 20 2008, 09:37 PM
Honestly, like really honestly,
I dont know why everyone is making such a big deal.
Just coz two or three people left, then some guy did not like the site and left, there is this big thing about how this could be done, how that could be done, when everything was fine and most of this stuff never mentioned before.
Yea some of the stuff, could be improved here, like better explanation but thats it.
And like mikem said it might just turn out to be rating the instructor thing.
Pls everyone chill, and have a cup of cold water tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adel Alsayed
Apr 20 2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, so many replies that fast smile.gif
Good to see so many active members biggrin.gif

To the topic, i can just agree with most of you.
I don't think it would end like Youtube, as Sam Hook replied.
GMC is a very friendly community and just because of a little rating it won't end as chaotic as Youtube,
and also we have Andrew !! happy.gif

Cheers Guys! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:13 PM