2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Falling Winter (extended), Enhanced and packed with Superior Drummer
thefireball
Nov 20 2013, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys and gals! smile.gif Some of you have already heard this song, but wait until you hear it enhanced with Superior Drummer - Metal Foundry. Plus, I enhanced it by tweaking the mix. And did I mention this has been extended to twice the length of the original? ohmy.gif

https://soundcloud.com/fireball100/falling-winter-extended

Where the original version ended is where this picks up. I inadvertently made it sound Christmasy, as if it's a "second movement." happy.gif
2:55 is my favorite part - well one of them tongue.gif because it reminds me of some retro game like Mario. biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoy!

-Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Nov 20 2013, 10:54 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 21 2013, 09:10 AM
Instructor
I would be a big fan of Christmas if it were so progressive biggrin.gif Great track my friend! Your skills are enhancing each time!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 21 2013, 10:36 AM
Instructor
Feel the power! Nicely done! smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 21 2013, 06:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks dudes!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2013, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Bran, will this tune be featured on the EP? Might be you could make it as a bonus track - instrumental, of course biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 22 2013, 05:41 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 22 2013, 02:44 AM) *
Bran, will this tune be featured on the EP? Might be you could make it as a bonus track - instrumental, of course biggrin.gif

Hmm I might have to release it as a single because I don't think it will fit the darkness of the EP. wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/fireball100/living-in-the-last-days-verse

He is coming and every eye will see
Wielding his sword of death
Riding his heavenly steed

Nothing can withstand
Those who oppose will bleed
When he comes to show
He is the Son of man

His righteous right hand
Will collide with the dragon that roams the land
The dragon’s doom awaits
Just beyond those hellish gates

In time all corrupted seed
Will be crushed beneath his feet
But oh I see you’re a callused fiend
So therefore I rebuke thee

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 23 2013, 12:26 PM
Tone Seeker
Yeah Brandon ! That was a brilliant song cool.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 23 2013, 04:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 23 2013, 05:26 AM) *
Yeah Brandon ! That was a brilliant song cool.gif cool.gif

Thank you Ville! I had fun making it! And it's fun to play!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 23 2013, 07:11 PM
Learning Roadie
Brandon, you are slowly wearing me down I think I may well have to up the string gauge on my Les Paul and drop tune to C#.

As usual you bring the goods.

At some point I really want to collaborate with you (maybe with vocals as I can't see how my guitar playing would add anything to what you already do!)

Again you give me a well needed kick up the ass to start/continue with my own projects!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 23 2013, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Hey Bran smile.gif I like the vocals, but I think that the actual shape of the words can be better in some places. For instance:

Those who oppose will bleed - it's a bit undefined in pronounciation

He is the Son of man - I would accentuate each word more clearly instead of accentuating just 'He' and 'man'

His righteous right hand + Will collide - I would tie these up a bit and accentuate every word better.

In time all corrupted seed
Will be crushed beneath his feet
- same with these better pronounciation would make them sound great!

Hop you don't mind that I went on with this, but I like it and I want you to get the best of it! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 24 2013, 03:41 PM
Learning Roadie
It's ok Cos. smile.gif It was our first ever attempt at recording. This was the night Josh blew out his voice because he was screaming wrong. We like it and really don't want to redo it. laugh.gif But I know what you mean. wink.gif

PosterBoy - that would be fun smile.gif - btw, get a 7 string or an 8? biggrin.gif
actually we recorded this entire EP on my Jackson SLSMG in Drop Bb, A, and Ab. I used 13-68 DR strings.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 24 2013, 04:08 PM
Learning Roadie
The next guitar I'm likely to get is a 10 string*

*Pedal Steel Guitar

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 24 2013, 02:41 PM) *
It's ok Cos. smile.gif It was our first ever attempt at recording. This was the night Josh blew out his voice because he was screaming wrong. We like it and really don't want to redo it. laugh.gif But I know what you mean. wink.gif

PosterBoy - that would be fun smile.gif - btw, get a 7 string or an 8? biggrin.gif
actually we recorded this entire EP on my Jackson SLSMG in Drop Bb, A, and Ab. I used 13-68 DR strings.

Ah man! I know how that feels - you sometimes get the right feeling but there are some mistakes and you wish you could've had the same feeling but somehow get rid of them biggrin.gif I'm currently going through that with the vocal tracks on the new Days of Confusion single..

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 25 2013, 07:25 PM
Tone Seeker
I had to come here to point out the parts I really like tongue.gif

First of all I like when You have inserted some really tiny effect parts in here and there. Ex. 0:19 and 1:13. Spotting them keeps listener interested.

Then the transition and groovy riffage at 1:31 was sweeeetha !!

At 2:00 that synth groove - Do you have a real synth or is it just a plugin ?

( If it's a plugin please tell me where I can get it !! )

That vibrato sound on there was amazing ohmy.gif

And finally changing that first riff in 2:37. Brilliant.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Nov 25 2013, 07:27 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2013, 07:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 25 2013, 12:25 PM) *
I had to come here to point out the parts I really like tongue.gif

First of all I like when You have inserted some really tiny effect parts in here and there. Ex. 0:19 and 1:13. Spotting them keeps listener interested.

Then the transition and groovy riffage at 1:31 was sweeeetha !!

At 2:00 that synth groove - Do you have a real synth or is it just a plugin ?

( If it's a plugin please tell me where I can get it !! )

That vibrato sound on there was amazing ohmy.gif

And finally changing that first riff in 2:37. Brilliant.

Hey man! smile.gif Glad you like all that and thanks for sharing your specific thoughts about the song. happy.gif

You are in luck, because it is indeed just a plugin! It's called Phutura. wink.gif

I recorded it with my Keystation 49e MIDI controller to give more human feeling. Thus, vibrato (bends) was real from the keyboard's pitch control. Here's a snapshot of my settings - I only added ReaVerbate from Reaper to give more "room" sound. I am also including the synth soloed so you can hear it better.

This post has been edited by thefireball: Nov 26 2013, 09:23 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Falling_Winter__synth_solo_only_.mp3 ( 754.08K ) Number of downloads: 101

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2013, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 26 2013, 06:31 AM) *
Hey man! smile.gif Glad you like all that and thanks for sharing your specific thoughts about the song. happy.gif

You are in luck, because it is indeed just a plugin! It's called Phutura. wink.gif

I recorded it with my Keystation 49e MIDI controller to give more human feeling. Thus, vibrato (bends) was real from the keyboard's pitch control. Here's a snapshot of my settings - I only added ReaVerbate from Reaper to give more "room" sound. I am also including the synth soloed so you can hear it better.

Hey Bran - so you have also performed the keyboards - great to know smile.gif Slowly turning into a pluritalented musician!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2013, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 26 2013, 06:47 AM) *
Hey Bran - so you have also performed the keyboards - great to know smile.gif Slowly turning into a pluritalented musician!

smile.gif Thanks Cosmin. I also played the strings chords for things like the intro. Basically the part I didn't do - but programmed in - was the fast scale runs (whatever you call them) playing with me. Those were too fast to play at my out of practice level. Tapping into my piano childhood. I took lessons at 8 for years before guitar ever came along. It was only 5 years ago I stopped and played guitar (not purposely - but i got out of practice.)

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 26 2013, 08:09 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 26 2013, 10:31 AM) *

Heck...it's for windows only dry.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Nov 26 2013, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 26 2013, 11:04 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 26 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Heck...it's for windows only dry.gif

awww. sad.gif Maybe they will release one

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 27 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 26 2013, 04:43 PM) *
smile.gif Thanks Cosmin. I also played the strings chords for things like the intro. Basically the part I didn't do - but programmed in - was the fast scale runs (whatever you call them) playing with me. Those were too fast to play at my out of practice level. Tapping into my piano childhood. I took lessons at 8 for years before guitar ever came along. It was only 5 years ago I stopped and played guitar (not purposely - but i got out of practice.)

Ahaaa! So you have studied piano - that means a lot mate smile.gif Your ears have things to thank you for. Have you heard about Alex Argento? He is a keys player from Italy, who performs a lot of keyboard lead playing using a tone which is very similar to the guitar tone:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 PM