Bending Accuracy & Vibrato
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2011, 06:04 AM
Instructor
Hi guys! I think that one of the things that we use to forget practising is bending and it is really bad when we don't get the correct pitch when we bend a string in a solo. I found this amazing video where Guthrie gives some tips and exercises to master this technique.
He shows how to play the Flight of the Bumblebee just with using bend... ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 08:56 AM
Instructor
This is an excellent video Gabriel ! I'm glad to see that Guthrie has been studying my vibrato series... haha, just kidding wink.gif

He does brilliantly explain something that I've tried to put into words before.. bending a string adding vibrato to it.. if you add vibrato to it but release it at the same time, then it will sound flat.. but if you compensate for the string tension, you should add vibrato and keep the string tension where it is.

The other thing he mentioned is my little way of pre bending notes and adding vibrato like Friedman, May, Schenker etc.. this is a really good video. Everybody needs to see this cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 3 2011, 09:07 AM
GMC Founder
What a good video - I hadn't seen this one - the bending Guthrie does in the beginning is extremely precise - wow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 3 2011, 09:43 AM
Instructor
That's a great lesson from the master himself!
Bending & vibrato are so important for us and it's essential to work on this techniques.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 3 2011, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Guthrie is again showing what in-depth practice is. What an extraordinary player smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 3 2011, 01:43 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jun 3 2011, 02:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Guthrie is a great guitarist. I wish he'd do more of those less technical pieces where the music can breathe more. That's a very instructional video, couldn't resist the temptation to pick up my guitar. Shouldn't have, now my arm's hurting again. laugh.gif

He's got a good way of explaining things.

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jun 3 2011, 03:01 PM
Instructor
I've always wondered which planet this guy came from? smile.gif Amazing artist!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 3 2011, 03:47 PM
Learning Tone Master
Nice, looks like it is recorded from IAs Freak Guitar Camp smile.gif Guthrie often visits

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 3 2011, 03:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
I liked how the fly almost took him out of his seat smile.gif
Great video biggrin.gif

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2011, 03:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 3 2011, 04:56 AM) *
This is an excellent video Gabriel ! I'm glad to see that Guthrie has been studying my vibrato series... haha, just kidding wink.gif

hahaha yeah, I suspected it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 3 2011, 05:07 AM) *
What a good video - I hadn't seen this one - the bending Guthrie does in the beginning is extremely precise - wow!

he is a monster guitar player and teacher!

QUOTE (Stephane Lucarelli @ Jun 3 2011, 05:43 AM) *
That's a great lesson from the master himself!
Bending & vibrato are so important for us and it's essential to work on this techniques.

Definitely! It's so important!

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 3 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Guthrie is again showing what in-depth practice is. What an extraordinary player smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Jun 3 2011, 10:15 AM) *
Guthrie is a great guitarist. I wish he'd do more of those less technical pieces where the music can breathe more. That's a very instructional video, couldn't resist the temptation to pick up my guitar. Shouldn't have, now my arm's hurting again. laugh.gif

He's got a good way of explaining things.

hahaha that's a really good point! his playing and explanations are really inspiring and motivating.

QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jun 3 2011, 11:01 AM) *
I've always wondered which planet this guy came from? smile.gif Amazing artist!

Melmac! I'm sure! tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:27 AM