Help On Recording
carminemarotta
Sep 15 2012, 09:33 PM
GMC:er
Guys
I need your help for recording. Before my laptop was stolen I could videorecord for the REC program using Movie Maker and my Pod HD. I was able to record both the guitar and the backing track.
Pratically I need to record my guitar (plugged in my new amp and then from here to my POD or directlly from POD) and another sound from my PC (I use different software for the backing track, even Guitar Pro).
As I said I used to do and I am using the same software but unsuccessfully, can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot
Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bossie
Sep 16 2012, 12:13 PM
Hope some body can help you with this one soon Carmine..i guess they'r too busy with guessing riffs right now wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 16 2012, 12:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Any DAW....

or even try Jamvox...

+Quote Post
quadrium
Sep 16 2012, 12:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Try REAPER smile.gif Put the backing track in one channel and record your guitar in other..

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

This post has been edited by quadrium: Sep 16 2012, 12:33 PM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
korblitz
Sep 16 2012, 01:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (quadrium @ Sep 16 2012, 11:33 AM) *
Try REAPER smile.gif Put the backing track in one channel and record your guitar in other..

+1 for Reaper. I'm learning to use this amazing DAW. Remember that it has an unlimited trial but the license is like near 70 USD.

But you should try Reaper (DAW) and you should also try out Jamvox , it's has it's on Modeling effects, you can record at the same time the audio and video, you can insert your own backing track or remove the vocals from a song or a guitar(to some degree). And after the trial from Jamvox(30 day trial) you can purchase the software for 90usd.

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 16 2012, 01:15 PM
QUOTE (quadrium @ Sep 16 2012, 01:33 PM) *

There's a GMC tutorial on how to record yourself for REC, which uses Reaper too, works great for me rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 16 2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the answer.
Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the skills to record with reaper and then sync the video. Jam vox can be useful but I can not use backing track from outside jam vox (like playing following a guitar pro file).
I use to record from hd500 with GP but I am not able now. What did I do wrong?
Also I have to play with headphone, so neither an easy mic will do the job.

Anyway many thanks my friends

Carmine

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2012, 06:34 PM
Todd here smile.gif On PC there is a product call CAMTASIA which might just be what you are looking for. There is a 30 day free trial. It will grab all audio and the screen.

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html?CMP=KgoogleCStm

QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Sep 15 2012, 04:33 PM) *
Guys
I need your help for recording. Before my laptop was stolen I could videorecord for the REC program using Movie Maker and my Pod HD. I was able to record both the guitar and the backing track.
Pratically I need to record my guitar (plugged in my new amp and then from here to my POD or directlly from POD) and another sound from my PC (I use different software for the backing track, even Guitar Pro).
As I said I used to do and I am using the same software but unsuccessfully, can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot
Carmine

+Quote Post
Nether
Sep 16 2012, 07:22 PM
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Sep 16 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Thanks everyone for the answer.
Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the skills to record with reaper and then sync the video. Jam vox can be useful but I can not use backing track from outside jam vox (like playing following a guitar pro file).
I use to record from hd500 with GP but I am not able now. What did I do wrong?
Also I have to play with headphone, so neither an easy mic will do the job.

Anyway many thanks my friends

Carmine

You can export Guitar Pro projects to WAV and then import them in JamVox

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:20 PM