> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Opetholic
Jun 18 2012, 09:55 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Cosmin,
I feel very bad that I am going to fail the Iced Earth Style Lesson by Ben. sad.gif I failed myself as a guitar player as I couldn't do justice to a very nice piece of work and I feel also like I failed you since you are my instructor sad.gif

I worked on it and here is another take. I wanted to show it to you before posting for REC. Do you have any comments? Did I play it properly this time do you think??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 05:31 PM
Instructor
Howdy Mert!

It's much better than the one you posted in the REC zone smile.gif You didn't fail me man! You are actually one of the most ambitious people here at GMC wink.gif the fact that something is not perfect from the first try, is nothing but a sign that you have to work some more. Remember: the only competition you lost this time, was one with yourself smile.gif if you had a more patience and practiced a bit more, I'm sure the first one would've been as good as this one.

Now, I think that you could clean this up a bit more - it's hard, I know and there's a gallon of notes to be played biggrin.gif oh, at about 0.57 or1.04 those 16th notes are a bit blurry, other than that, I don't think there's anything else which is severe.

Anyway, this lesson is a tough one biggrin.gif

Congrats! What are your thoughts man?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 19 2012, 05:42 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks Cosmin, for the nice words and the encouragement. It means a lot!! I will work on this lesson together with others for a bit more and if I can't make a better take I will post this one and hope to pass. As you say it is a difficult one.. I am still working on the C minor picking etude, I will post something tomorrow on that. Otherwise I am also starting to practice the Mojo Oro Part 1 by Muris. I had a look at it today and I can surely play it. I learned the first part of it and I can almost play it up to tempo. Here is a take if you are interested

So after the C minor etude I want to give my full focus on this one if you are ok with that.. After that we can decide what to do next smile.gif My AP is starting to be good thanks to you smile.gif but I still have a lot of way to go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 19 2012, 06:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 19 2012, 04:42 PM) *
Thanks Cosmin, for the nice words and the encouragement. It means a lot!! I will work on this lesson together with others for a bit more and if I can't make a better take I will post this one and hope to pass. As you say it is a difficult one.. I am still working on the C minor picking etude, I will post something tomorrow on that. Otherwise I am also starting to practice the Mojo Oro Part 1 by Muris. I had a look at it today and I can surely play it. I learned the first part of it and I can almost play it up to tempo. Here is a take if you are interested

So after the C minor etude I want to give my full focus on this one if you are ok with that.. After that we can decide what to do next smile.gif My AP is starting to be good thanks to you smile.gif but I still have a lot of way to go

Nothing to it man! The pleasure and satisfaction are mine tongue.gif Whoa - those fingers are on fire biggrin.gif Way to go brother! Can't wait to see the whole deal uploaded!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 20 2012, 09:30 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Here is a take on the C minor picking etude

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Pretty awesome Mert! smile.gif

I think there are slight imperfections here and there, but this is good enough to go to the REC zone for feedback! Perfection is close smile.gif You are a tremendous picker already biggrin.gif

Congrats!

Cosmin

PS: I will push your rhythm playing too tongue.gif do we have a deal?

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 21 2012, 09:45 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2012, 08:15 AM) *
Pretty awesome Mert! smile.gif

I think there are slight imperfections here and there, but this is good enough to go to the REC zone for feedback! Perfection is close smile.gif You are a tremendous picker already biggrin.gif

Congrats!

Cosmin

PS: I will push your rhythm playing too tongue.gif do we have a deal?

Thanks Cosmin smile.gif I will put it in REC zone, let's see what other instructors think..
Wow man it is an honor to hear such words from you smile.gif If I can be half as good as you are in picking, or the rest of the instructors, then I will feel really good and accomplished smile.gif

About rhythm playing, oh man yea you can push me tongue.gif but you will have to push really hard as I am not talented in this department at all biggrin.gif so yea you can give me something to work on. I love your metal metrics, especially the second one, I would have tackled them already but I don't have many guitars to use different tunings tongue.gif so I think I would want to work on something with standard tuning..

In the meantime regarding AP, I am working on Mojo Oro Part1. I learned the second part also and am almost up to tempo with it. On to the middle section smile.gif

Thanks a lot again,
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert! If you like the Metal Metrics Series, we can tackle them, piece by piece and you can play them in drop D smile.gif the important part is the rhythmic concept and the practicing wink.gif

What do you think? The 4th one is the easiest, so I'd suggest we start with that one smile.gif

Aye?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 21 2012, 02:37 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 21 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Hey Mert! If you like the Metal Metrics Series, we can tackle them, piece by piece and you can play them in drop D smile.gif the important part is the rhythmic concept and the practicing wink.gif

What do you think? The 4th one is the easiest, so I'd suggest we start with that one smile.gif

Aye?

Cosmin

Man I can't tell you how much I enjoy the Metal Metrics series smile.gif Sometimes I just open them and listen to them just to listen to something kick ass smile.gif Ok then if I can play them in drop D I should be fine. I will work on it and post something soon. In the meantime I will also work on Mojo Oro..

But hold on biggrin.gif How do I play it in drop D ?? There are open chords in there, I can't produce the low C sound with drop D tuning. I am confused tongue.gif Do you suggest I play without the backing track just with metronome ?

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Jun 21 2012, 02:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 02:56 PM
Instructor
That sounds very good! Thank you man biggrin.gif If you got the time, you can check out my band - Aria - see the link in my signature tongue.gif most of the riffage is taken out of Aria songs wink.gif

Now, I got you working on both lead and rhythm biggrin.gif how cool is that? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 22 2012, 11:53 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,
If the Metal Metrics series has riffs from songs from Aria, I will definitely check Aria out!!!
In the meantime just so you know where I am at the Mojo Oro lesson I am uploading this video of the first part of the lesson at 160bpm. I don't think I will have problems reaching 170 bpm but we will see..
Here we go

Something on Metal Metrics 4 will come soon smile.gif

This post has been edited by Opetholic: Jun 22 2012, 11:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 01:20 PM
Instructor
That looks awesome Mert, I would suggest you to keep pushing for more cleanliness at this tempo, rather than pushing to 170 smile.gif you got great timing but some notes sound a bit blurry. It's just a matter of exercising though, as we are talking about VERY VERY smooth details here wink.gif

keep me updated man! You are making me mega proud! And a bit envious because I don't have enough time to practice and play this sort of stuff as often as I'd like biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 22 2012, 01:30 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif Yea I will practice this lesson at this tempo for some more time to be comfortable enough to try at 170..
I will now upload my first practice take on Metal Metrics 4 smile.gif I am not sure if you will be so proud after you see this hehe biggrin.gif I messed it up a bit at the end.. But well, I will practice this more also to get it perfect. Any comments will be most welcome..

Here we go, Metal Metrics 4

PS: when it's time to put it on REC zone, I will play this standing up and with as much attitude as possible, this needs it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Hey Mert! Who said you were bad at playing rhythm? biggrin.gif The timing is good and you seem to grasp the phrases very well, aside for the bends in the second part - those being played during the harmonics part. I think that this only needs a bit more practice and it's good for going straight to the REC zone wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 22 2012, 04:28 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 22 2012, 12:56 PM) *
Hey Mert! Who said you were bad at playing rhythm? biggrin.gif The timing is good and you seem to grasp the phrases very well, aside for the bends in the second part - those being played during the harmonics part. I think that this only needs a bit more practice and it's good for going straight to the REC zone wink.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin smile.gif I was saying I am bad at rhythm playing tongue.gif
Ok I practiced on the bends. Let me know what you think please.
You know, this riff kicks so much ass smile.gif
Here we go, take two

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 10:35 PM
Instructor
Aiight! Much better - bends fixed wink.gif

Now for a final touch, I would like you to focus on the groove and on the microbends, scattered here and there smile.gif can you hear them? I got a little knack for using them all the time tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 23 2012, 04:37 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 22 2012, 09:35 PM) *
Aiight! Much better - bends fixed wink.gif

Now for a final touch, I would like you to focus on the groove and on the microbends, scattered here and there smile.gif can you hear them? I got a little knack for using them all the time tongue.gif

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin, thanks for the feedback smile.gif I am not sure if I understand which microbends you are talking about. Could you point me to some examples from the lesson please ?

In the meantime here is the full Mojo Oro lesson at 150 bpm. I messed up the last bit a bit biggrin.gif I practiced this at 150 bpm so my fingers memorize the full piece. Faster and more accurate takes will come smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 24 2012, 11:10 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Ok here is an update on Mojo Oro. I can now practice it at full speed. There are mistakes here and there but getting there slowly smile.gif My hands are now used to the full speed at least biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2012, 12:59 PM
Instructor
U know, I started learning it myself smile.gif right now I can play the first part, as this is the only one which I had time to grasp, but hopefully I can manage to learn it as a whole.

This piece is really tricky and you are doing a good job man smile.gif it's only a matter of cleaning up and becoming crystal clear now - focus and determination while practicing is what you need.

About the microbends - right before going into the harmonics there's a little riff/ lick which has microbends - check out my take and you'll see that i am bending the notes in such a way that it seems they are just a bit under a halfstep higher biggrin.gif Guthrie Govan does this a lot, if you are curious to hear more wink.gif

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 24 2012, 01:01 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 25 2012, 03:58 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hello C-Maestro smile.gif
I can't wait to hear your take of the Mojo Oro lesson smile.gif I am sure it will be flawless..
I put my flawfull take on the REC tongue.gif I am happy about it
Here is a link

About the microbends, I know what you mean now smile.gif I will try to incorporate them in my playing and post here a take of the lesson soon... In the meantime what shall we do about AP? Shall I have a look at Mojo Oro part 2 ? What do you think ??

Cheers smile.gif
M.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:14 PM