Noskill, Weekly Assignment
Emir Hot
Oct 18 2009, 02:58 PM
Instructor
The next assignment is on the 25th of October. We are doing my Robben Ford lesson. After that we'll move to scale shapes and producing the backing for it. You said you installed Sonar so we can do something with it smile.gif

Good luck smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 26 2009, 01:36 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Okay, here's my Robben Ford Assignment Submission: I no longer have any objectivity on this. I hear it in my sleep. I hear it at traffic lights. I hear it when people are speaking to me. This lesson is more burned into my brain with an incredible problem recording it clean. Each take has something else that I'm upset with. This, appears, to have the elements from the lesson that I've found to be important. The ill defined notes at the end are unfortunate.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Oct 26 2009, 01:37 AM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2009, 09:10 PM
Instructor
First of all sorry for the long delay. I am back now and we can move on.

This Robben Ford lesson sounds great. There are 2 or 3 bits that you didn't pick rhytmicaly as I did but that's ok. The sound could be a bit more sharper but I like the clean definition as all the notes can be heard with no noise. My grade for this one woube be around 8 if we imagine the scale from 1 to 10. Very good work.

So how is it going with Sonar? Are you familiar with basic recording techniques?

The next assignment would be 5 major scale boxes in G with the second finger pattern as we disscussed before. 1,3,2,4 and so on... You can use the drum loop like in your previous one. Please post it by next Sunday - Nov 22nd.

After that I will need you to produce backing track so playing with Sonar will be useful these days smile.gif We'll move all questions and disscussions to the normal MTP thread until Sunday.

Good luck.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 23 2009, 03:16 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have a bum note in descending in the 4th position. I corrected it ascending. I hope that is okay. I didn't play it really fast. I can play each position faster than that, but I don't seem to have the endurance to not make a mistake stringing them all together playing faster. I can also ascend much faster than I can descend...I'm not sure if that is typical or not. I'm also seeing that there is a sync issue that wasn't there when I first rendered the video. If this is not acceptable, please advise and I can try and fix it within the assignment deadline.

Fixed sync...I think:

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Nov 23 2009, 03:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 24 2009, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the take. That bum note is ok, it happens to me sometimes smile.gif I hope that you found this exercise useful. This will help you with improvisation all over the neck in any key. The only thing I've noticed is your picking. It should be constant alternate picking. Sometimes on the way back (descending) you change the picking direction and end up with an upstroke on the last note. Just be more careful there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's do something more interesting with these patterns. Other guys are already doing it.

Go to the Dexxter's MTP thread and check my post from (Oct 1 2009, 10:26 AM). There you have backing track to download and a video explaining the assignment. This time I want you to improvise with all 5 patterns but in the key of D. The patterns are the same just the root is different. I would like you to play the 8th notes for this one. Import the backing in your program and record the take over that. We have nearly a week for that so I would appreciate if you post your take by next Sunday, Nov 29th. The new rule says that all of you guys have to submit at least one REC take by the end of the month so that's another thing you should do. Pick any GMC lesson and post it there and here. I can help you with anything you chose to play. After that I will lock this month assignment threads and we'll move onto the next stage.

See you.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 28 2009, 07:34 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Weekly Assignment:

8th Notes: I seem to abandon AP when I slide or if I get on the verge of being lost. This held AP right until the end. Not sure why I abandoned it right at the finish...I think I was looking at the computer screen to see where it was going to end...so, maybe when distracted? Who knows? I'll work on it.

16th Notes: Much harder for me to do this take. To play it randomly, I knew where the notes were, but I sometimes had trouble getting there. I had some anxiety to not skip a 16th and regroup. I seem to abandon AP here when I get excited or almost lost. *shrug* Always more to work on.

I was looking at Dexxter's MTP thread and have made a backing track with that chord progression. If that's not where we're going right now, it was a good exercise for me to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 28 2009, 12:32 PM
Instructor
These two were not bad at all. You're still not 100% safe when moving between positions but you're on a very good way. This thing helped me a lot in improvisation. I noticed that you slide to much, sometimes 2 positions apart. When you slide once stay in that position for a while then slide again to the next one. I am sure you'll get there. Well done for this one.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 06:11 PM
Instructor
Here is the topic unlocked again to finish your last assignment. After that I will open the fresh one and we can continue to the next stage.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Dec 3 2009, 07:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So, the "last assignment," is the one you posted this morning? Because the November assignment was completed. Or did I miss one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 3 2009, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Well good question. That's the assignment and it was supposed to be for November but I was probably late to post it. We can move it as a new one for december. I'll open new thread for that.

edit: Assignments are weekly and the REC take is monthly.

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Dec 3 2009, 08:16 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:21 PM