> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Timmy b
Jan 11 2014, 03:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Mr Cosmin

Got another Rec for you! This one came up pretty good, and somewhat trouble free! Im still having trouble syncing the video properly though, always seems to be a bit off by the end of the vid. Cant figure out why!!

See what you think

Tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2014, 03:20 PM
Instructor
I think it sounds very good man! Off to the REC with it! biggrin.gif That vibrato could've been a bit wider and more accentuated - just a tiny winy detail biggrin.gif But hell man, it sounds very well balanced and clean! Good work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 12 2014, 04:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great! I'll put it up right away!

Listening back, the vibrato is a little weak, Overlooked that I guess! I did have trouble getting the trills right. Not really my strong point so I'll have to work on them too!

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2014, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Always discovering the little details smile.gif biggrin.gif I know how it feels mate.. let's see the REC zone and grade you, then!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 14 2014, 09:08 PM
Learning Rock Star

Hi Cosmin

I need your opinion on something. I've been working on the Slash Track again, and its giving me some headaches. we've spoken before about things not sounding right when its recorded. I've gotten a new guitar recently and there's something not quite right about it(Darius's comment in the Rec re-enforced my thoughts about it) Ive struggled to get a good playable action on it and it usual sounds slightly out of tune no matter how "in tune" it is. I've tried to rectify the problem but its just seems like an um-winnable battle.

So I took a couple rhythm tracks I've done recently for you to have a listen to. One without the bass, as I think that is making the problem even worse as I recorded it with the same guitar. Im curious what you think of it as I've heard it so many times and gotten so frustrated by it sounding "Wrong" I cant tell anymore! Im curious How your ears perceive it.

Thanks In advance

Tim

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Starlight.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 69
Attached File  Starlight___No_Bass.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 60

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 15 2014, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim smile.gif I am on my laptop now - but I don't feel any wrong sounds, to be honest.. Maybe my ears should get a check? biggrin.gif Now, if you want to make sure of things - I would strongly suggest to take the axe at a guitar tech/luthier to set it up and check the intonation smile.gif You can try to do it yourself with the help of this little video here, but I'd go for pro help with this...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...uning-tutorial/

See video 5 wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Jan 15 2014, 10:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Mate

I think I have learned a lesson here. I listened to it again this morning and I dont hear much wrong with it. (so your ears are fine too!) I've been approaching the situation the wrong way. There's been a lot of problems/worries/stress's on my side lately and everytime I go to work on some recording Im not in the best frame of mind. Add to that the frustration Ive gotten from trying to get good takes on this track, I've gone in with a negative felling and the results seemed to match what I was thinking.

I spent a couple hours on setting up the guitar last night. (darius has a great thread on the topic!) It didnt sound right when I was finished last night, but this morning It sounded better. It seems Ive expected the guitar to sound bad so my mind has made it happen!
I'd love to take it to a luthier, but ive searched around the area and there is nothing worthy even remotely close. So no go.

Ill keep going on the track, Maybe If I stay positive about it, it will all work out! biggrin.gif

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 16 2014, 08:50 AM
Instructor
Ah smile.gif

The tricks our mind plays on us... Mate, I have started meditating in the morning - first thing after I wake up and get dressed. It takes about 5 minutes for the beginners such as myself and there's this exercise you can do which will help you with:

- emptying the mind
- increasing focus power

This exercise will improve your over all state of mind and make you feel more than great and able to do things smile.gif

1) Take a deep breath and let the air out twice while standing up on your two feet.

Become conscious of the center of your body - about 8 cm below your belly button and close your eyes.

Think of the number 1. Inhale, hold your breath and exhale slowly. Repeat until you reach 10. The trick is not to let your mind throw in ANY thought. It will be difficult at first but you have to focus. If while counting, ANY thought kicks in other than the number you are at, you have to start over. Don't set the bar at 10 for the first morning. Try to reach 3 smile.gif If you make it, try 4 the next morning and so on.

See how you feel after doing this. Pick up your guitar and try to practice while having THE SAME state of mind achieved after emptying it smile.gif

QUOTE (Timmy b @ Jan 15 2014, 09:31 AM) *
Thanks Mate

I think I have learned a lesson here. I listened to it again this morning and I dont hear much wrong with it. (so your ears are fine too!) I've been approaching the situation the wrong way. There's been a lot of problems/worries/stress's on my side lately and everytime I go to work on some recording Im not in the best frame of mind. Add to that the frustration Ive gotten from trying to get good takes on this track, I've gone in with a negative felling and the results seemed to match what I was thinking.

I spent a couple hours on setting up the guitar last night. (darius has a great thread on the topic!) It didnt sound right when I was finished last night, but this morning It sounded better. It seems Ive expected the guitar to sound bad so my mind has made it happen!
I'd love to take it to a luthier, but ive searched around the area and there is nothing worthy even remotely close. So no go.

Ill keep going on the track, Maybe If I stay positive about it, it will all work out! biggrin.gif

Tim

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 16 2014, 08:51 AM

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 17 2014, 07:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Mr Cosmin!

Hello! Im Back! Where to begin??
7 weeks ago I had to do a spontaneous trip home to Australia. A few family matters came up that need my attention, A good friend was getting married, plus I hadn't been home in years so I packed up on short notice and vanished. Sorry bout that. I didn't even say bye!

Im back now, all is well. Picking up life where I left it. Im hoping that by the end of the week I'll be able to get working on guitar again. Get those finger tips hardened up. (yet again!)
Before I left I got most of the tracking down on the slash track and made a rough mix of it. It still needs a bit of work with guitar tones and mixing, but im happy with the way its working out! I'll post it here. I hope to have it done soon as im tired of working on covers, I'd like to work on my own tracks next! Ill also get going on some lessons again and get a REC done too.

Also, I liked your suggestion about the meditation! Im yet to start it, But meditation has been on my "to do" list for a while now so ill try to get started on it. You must be getting a lot better at it by now huh??

Otherwise, how is everything going for you in general and at GMC? Im sure there will be plenty of new stuff to catch up on!
Hopefully I can make the vid chat this week.

Catch you soon

Tim

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Starlight___Rough.mp3 ( 4.72MB ) Number of downloads: 73

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2014, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome back! Wow, life is really exciting for ya, eh? biggrin.gif

Well, things are steady here, we are working on big collabs having me, Gabi and Darius involved and pretty much a lot of the students - these are very fun and they usually turn up epic! Take a lookie here and join if ya wish: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

I'd be thrilled to hear some of your pieces mate smile.gif Throw your ideas in here if ya have some and about 'Starlight' - I like the tones and the interpretation a lot! For now, I have been listening on the laptop and I can't quite hear any bass yet, but I will also give it a go on the studio monitors and see if it's alright with that smile.gif

About meditation... well, I am a beginner too man smile.gif I am learning about myself and taking it slow. It is important to start - if you want to read something interesting on meditation and developing focus power, try this book: http://themartialscholar.yolasite.com/reso...0Philosophy.pdf

I learned a lot from it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 20 2014, 03:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin

Good to hear all is well!
Thanks for the kind words, I do like the way starlight is sounding too, just needs some polish. The bass is in there, but probably needs to be turned up. I haven't had any time to start on guitar again this week, few too many other things to catch up on. soon though. maybe I can still catch the collab!.

Also cheers for the book recommendation! Looks very interesting!

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 21 2014, 09:42 AM
Instructor
Ah, there's no hurry just yet mate - the deadline is April 10th, so you still have time wink.gif

Get settled with life and I will be here whenever you wanna start discussing your compositions smile.gif Also, start reading the book as it will provide valuable insight and exercises on using the power of focus and your ki.

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 5 2014, 05:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Mr Cosmin

Got a quick Rec for ya! Been slowly getting back into it and toughening up those finger tips! This one came together relatively easily, Working on the theme of getting my general playing cleaner and more precise. See what you think.

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 6 2014, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate!!

I think you did a great job here smile.gif Post it if you will and I will grade 10 without hesitation! wink.gif

It's always good to keep your hands and mind in shape with stuff that is not that difficult to perform, in order to polish your expression smile.gif

QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 5 2014, 04:21 PM) *
Hi Mr Cosmin

Got a quick Rec for ya! Been slowly getting back into it and toughening up those finger tips! This one came together relatively easily, Working on the theme of getting my general playing cleaner and more precise. See what you think.

Tim

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 6 2014, 08:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 6 2014, 06:43 PM) *
Howdy mate!!

I think you did a great job here smile.gif Post it if you will and I will grade 10 without hesitation! wink.gif

It's always good to keep your hands and mind in shape with stuff that is not that difficult to perform, in order to polish your expression smile.gif

Cheers man! I'll post it up

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 7 2014, 09:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 6 2014, 07:20 PM) *
Cheers man! I'll post it up

Perfect! See you in the REC zone wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 18 2014, 10:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

Hope your having a nice Easter break (If your schedule allows it) Oh, and if you celebrate it at the moment, Easter is celebrated at a slightly different time in Romania? or am I mistaken?
I've been busy lately, got another rec done yesterday. Pretty happy how it came up! Should have another one up today too if all goes well.

Also, I just noticed last night that your vid chats are no longer running. Is it for good, or will they make a come back??

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 18 2014, 10:54 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim!

Well, Easter is occurring on Sunday biggrin.gif But we started a little holiday earlier wink.gif Now, I like the take, but I think that the part up until 0:18 can be perfected - there are some notes which are not heard that well when you play the legato phrases smile.gif Otherwise, great as usual! Get those in shape and it's good to go for the REC! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Apr 19 2014, 06:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hmm, damn those missing notes! Ill leave it for a few days and Ill take another look at it next week. Ill work on something till then.

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2014, 08:26 PM
Instructor
Ah, alright man!

It's not that bad - but you want perfection, right? biggrin.gif What else would you like to work on?

QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 19 2014, 05:07 PM) *
Hmm, damn those missing notes! Ill leave it for a few days and Ill take another look at it next week. Ill work on something till then.

Tim

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:38 AM