Greetings From Lurgen
Lurgen
Apr 23 2007, 01:36 AM
GMC:er
Hi all!

I'm just a newbie, having picked up my first guitar just a few months ago. I've wanted to play pretty much all my life, but due to pressure from work and family just didn't have the option of doing it. Now I'm in my early thirties and decided it was time to just do what I wanted with my life. So I bought a cheap guitar. Nothing fancy, just an SX strat-clone.

I played the SX daily for about a month before realising I stood a vague chance of actually learning how to play properly! Talk about a shock! So I set myself some basic objectives, and lined myself up with a nice juicy reward. If I could play a song, end to end, that a casual observer could (at least vaguelly) recognise I'd take the guitar thing seriously and buy a decent axe.

Sure enough, two weeks later I was playing a couple of Pink Floyd songs well enough to impress my friends. When one recognised the song without being prompted, I splashed out and bought the guitar I had really wanted from the start - a Fender Highway One. And a decent amp of course smile.gif

Since then I've played daily, adding a steel-string accoustic to my collection to strengthen my fingers some more. The guitar has taken over a huge part of my life, replacing other hobbies in some cases. It's a very positive thing, as it is something I can do while still being in the same room as my wife.

I'm not particularly good yet, but as Kris correctly points out hard work can take you a hell of a long way. Hard work doesn't scare me.

You'll probably see me post a lot, I'm full of opinions and like to be heavily involved where possible, but always bear in mind that with less than 4 months training behind me I'm just a beginner.

For what it's worth, this is not the first training site I've tried out. I've worked with a bunch of training videos (flying through the beginner and intermediate training materials from Rock House Method) as well as a bunch of sites but this one is the only site that has truly impressed me.

So there you go - a not-so-concise introduction from Lurgen!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
MickeM
Oct 30 2007, 09:17 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome Lurgen! Sorry about the zero welcome post, has nothing actually to do with popularity laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 1 2007, 01:06 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hello there smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 1 2007, 01:07 AM
Welcome man.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 1 2007, 01:08 AM
Instructor
Another Floyd fan,Welcome to the Machine!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 1 2007, 01:11 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 1 2007, 01:38 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC !!! have a good time and learn a lot

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:28 PM