Do You Still Check The Forums?
SeveredSurvival
Jul 24 2019, 03:10 PM
Post #1
Jul 24 2019, 03:10 PM
GMC:er
Hi Kris,

I was a big fan of watching your videos on Ultimate Guitar years ago, learned a lot from you during my earlier years playing. I've since been playing about 15 years and did a 2 year guitar program in post secondary. Thanks for your inspiration in what has turned out to be a life of playing guitar smile.gif

Do you still use these forums? They seem pretty quiet but I also see a few posts from today too. It would be an amazing resource if guys like you and Ben Higgins were still on a message board and able to give advice.

Hope this is the case! Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
bbbbb
Replies
SeveredSurvival
Nov 27 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #2
Nov 27 2019, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
Hi Kris!

Hope you've been well. It's been an interesting few weeks of practice. Had a really hard time getting my fingertips to heal up after wrecking them a few weeks ago but we're finally back in action.

I transcribed the first 2 choruses of that Greg Howe solo, and it has been an awesome learning experience for me. In the video I'm attaching I totally cack the one vibrato bit which bums me out cause I usually get them but for the most part the other lines were pretty good so despite it not being perfect this is about where I'm at with it so far. Eventually I'd like to learn the rest but the nice part about the first minute is despite some tricky 16th note lines it never breaks the speed barrier for what I'm comfortable with, but this is about where I max out so far I'd say.

Obviously lots of parts were challenging to learn but thanks for inspiring me to try my hand at this solo cause even if it doesn't come through on that take, I've learned a lot about the subtle or not so subtle ways that Greg will accent a note, or the way that he starts and finishes one. Lots of cool little slides and pre-bends for sure.

Oh and one last thing, sorry about the video quality, I have really tried my hand at a few different ways of recording but for videos like this that are basically works in progress, it's a lot of effort to try and sync audio and video and export a movie file. I'd rather be able to make them quick and actually interact more haha, so I'll keep working on the levels for recording through my phone and please bear with me haha smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2020 - 10:22 AM