Boss-600 Digital Recorder, Should I get it?
Pitch_Black
Apr 23 2008, 10:45 PM
GMC:er
First of all the reason I put this in the test board is so I can figure out how to post a link smile.gif

This thing looks awesome cool.gif But I don't know if I should buy it. Do any of you have it, and even if you don't tell me what you think smile.gif

Ok, after a while of trying to post links I cant seem to get it to work. Can someone help me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pitch_Black: Apr 23 2008, 10:50 PM

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 23 2008, 10:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Pitch_Black @ Apr 23 2008, 11:45 PM) *
First of all the reason I put this in the test board is so I can figure out how to post a link smile.gif

This thing looks awesome cool.gif But I don't know if I should buy it. Do any of you have it, and even if you don't tell me what you think smile.gif Blah smile.gif

I don't know. I was onto that track just rescently to get a portable studio but after looking further into it I came up with this.
- It's easier to record directly into a computer if you intend to edit, like copy and paste sections.
- You have a larger freedom of choise with plug ins on a computer.

My reason for considering this in the first place was to have something to catch ideas on a fly, just plug and play instead of starting up the computer, loading the sequencer and go through all that trouble.

Now I record ideas into the mobile phone, with the mike, no plug connection or hi-tech stuff though that isn't a bad idea at all if someone could invent it and send me royalties. smile.gif
Then when I have more time I record it into the computer.

belongs in gear so I'm moving the thread, after all you succeeded in posting a link wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 23 2008, 11:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I think desktop or laptop computer with a recording interface is a much better option..Its just much more versatile..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 24 2008, 12:04 AM
Ok wink.gif Thanks Guys biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 24 2008, 12:48 AM
Instructor
DEfinitely try the laptop configuration with some nice external interface. I think this kind of solution is way better then that Boss in terms of flexibility. The price is a little higher, but what you get for it is umatched by that digital recorder.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
design8r
Apr 24 2008, 10:33 AM
what sort of software should i be looking into to do this kind of thing on my pc???

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 24 2008, 10:47 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (design8r @ Apr 24 2008, 11:33 AM) *
what sort of software should i be looking into to do this kind of thing on my pc???

A sequencer like Reaper, a drum Vst plugin and a sound interface like a POD with a USB

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:25 AM