> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
ElHombre
Jun 20 2012, 05:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hmm I need to raise the string height on the fender so I can do bends on 1 st string. Need a tiny 1mm tool for that.
Can do the video today but hopefully tomorrow

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 20 2012, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Okie dokie Erik! Go for it and let me know when it's done smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 21 2012, 02:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dDWd57TNaI
Here you go smile.gif

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 21 2012, 02:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2012, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Hey Erik, managed to see it wink.gif

Ok, well, it's ok, meaning that the timing is generally good, but there are several notes which you are missing. A little bit more slow practice, could get this take a big fat 10 in the REC zone wink.gif shall we aim for that?

So, first goal, reach all the right notes in good timing and make them sound out!

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 21 2012, 02:54 PM

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 21 2012, 03:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
I bet you are thinking of the part after the first bend, I didnt really get the tab and neither by listening.
Then is missed a note before the slides too i know

So I will try not to miss any notes and keep the timing good so, I post the next take in the Rec Zone and see what happens wink.gif
Then maybe we could discuss some theory behind the solo

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 21 2012, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2012, 01:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 21 2012, 02:32 PM) *
I bet you are thinking of the part after the first bend, I didnt really get the tab and neither by listening.
Then is missed a note before the slides too i know

So I will try not to miss any notes and keep the timing good so, I post the next take in the Rec Zone and see what happens wink.gif
Then maybe we could discuss some theory behind the solo

Indeed wink.gif it will be my pleasure - you know, I am working on a vid right now, based around Metal Metrics 1 and this solo - I am developing the whole piece and shooting it with my drummer and all, to make a nice presentation video biggrin.gif

let me know when you are ready, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 23 2012, 12:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello smile.gif So I posted the vid, I used the same sound settings as in my previous take, but forgot to drop the volume level of the backing track, so a little quiet. Also that 0.09 lick wasnt 100 % this time either.

I can surely check this things out, but I passed and Its time to start with some metal metrics now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 24 2012, 12:32 PM
Instructor
Hehe, indeed, it's time, but don't neglect things just because you passed biggrin.gif I will make a special grading system for you alone tongue.gif you won't pass until you get a 10! laugh.gif How about that, Mr.Erik?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 24 2012, 03:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 24 2012, 11:32 AM) *
Hehe, indeed, it's time, but don't neglect things just because you passed biggrin.gif I will make a special grading system for you alone tongue.gif you won't pass until you get a 10! laugh.gif How about that, Mr.Erik?

Cosmin

Haha jk tongue.gif You are right, it did not really feel like a 10 to me either, needs some work still. But I got to focus on some other stuff, so expect a new take next weekend ok smile.gif

The most interesting part would be som theory stuff regarding the song. That ending lick for example, where you use penatatonic, u use a out note right? 13 th fret on the F string?

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 25 2012, 12:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin I decided to go with the Iced earth style by ben higgins, exactly the workout my right hand needs.
Then I will do all the metal metrics smile.gif

And also I need to set up a theory schedule or Ill end up doing nothing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 24 2012, 02:48 PM) *

Haha jk tongue.gif You are right, it did not really feel like a 10 to me either, needs some work still. But I got to focus on some other stuff, so expect a new take next weekend ok smile.gif

The most interesting part would be som theory stuff regarding the song. That ending lick for example, where you use penatatonic, u use a out note right? 13 th fret on the F string?

Taking one thing at a time - I played a blue note there tongue.gif that's what's shaking with that note wink.gif

Since the whole deal is in C minor, I can play the C blues scale and thus that F# there wink.gif

QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 25 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Hey Cosmin I decided to go with the Iced earth style by ben higgins, exactly the workout my right hand needs.
Then I will do all the metal metrics smile.gif

And also I need to set up a theory schedule or Ill end up doing nothing

Hey again Erik, how are ya faring on the triads? How would you feel if we started using 7ths in the concept of harmonizing and slowly moving towards other more complex alteration examples while harmonizing and seeing what sort of scales can be played over which chords biggrin.gif

I kinds threw all the theory upon you right? laugh.gif Step by step wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 26 2012, 12:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
My progress so far:
Learnt the first 4 crosses (up to e major scale) and the first flat.
I have not done much theory lately but should get going now.

Trying to get a good memory of the notes location.
I mean, learn the scale and shapes, but know your roots, using scales with same notes, but they all have a different sound of course and its displayed by connecting certain notes.

What I would like is help with a structured schedule, maybe not that you tell me what to do each day but, a few times a week.

For example, move on to the second flat, learn the scales, sing notes, harmonize it, and continue learning names of notes.
Something like that, what kind of theory work should I do the following days?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 26 2012, 09:28 AM
Instructor
Howdy Erik smile.gif

until next Monday, I would like you to take care of the following theory tasks:

1) Set the metronome at 70 BPM - quarter notes - and chose ANY note that comes to mind - G for example.
Start the metronome
Place your index on G at every quarter note in a different spot on the neck.
Increase speed smile.gif how fast can you get? Use this technique with all the notes and then...we'll move to intervals and chords biggrin.gif
2) Take the F major scale and harmonize it using triads and then 7 chords - do you know how to use the 7ths?
See where all the F root notes are and start harmonizing from each spot where you can create chords and if you want to go really one step beyond - harmonize using arpeggios, for the F belonging to the B string.

For the F on the G string, you can use either triads or 7th chords without the 5th wink.gif

After this, we shall tackle harmonizing the F major scale by using voicings of these chords

SOLDIER biggrin.gif can you handle the tasks?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 26 2012, 12:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sure cosmin, is just just add the 7 th note of the F major scale and harmonize using arpeggios?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 26 2012, 11:11 AM) *
Sure cosmin, is just just add the 7 th note of the F major scale and harmonize using arpeggios?

Howdy Erik, both arpeggios and chords - separately of course wink.gif check out the tasks and if there are questions, do not hesitate to drop me a line smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 27 2012, 06:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
I harmonize them now using triads, going throw the previous scales aswell, learning which notes make up a certain chord.
Should help me to learn the names as well.

Also going through scales shapes isnt bad, I do that too wink.gif
When you learn the names of the notes, and the shapes it certainly will help.

Learning only shapes doesnt get you too much, but learning note names and arpeggios chord tones is very good combined (I guess) what is your opinion?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 10:49 PM
Instructor
Most clearly YES biggrin.gif it is tedious work - I used to practice in the following way - play arpeggios at a slow tempo and say the note names out loud and for scales as well. I got bored with it pretty quickly though sad.gif and I was silly enough to - I was 20 laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 28 2012, 11:51 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2012, 09:49 PM) *
Most clearly YES biggrin.gif it is tedious work - I used to practice in the following way - play arpeggios at a slow tempo and say the note names out loud and for scales as well. I got bored with it pretty quickly though sad.gif and I was silly enough to - I was 20 laugh.gif

You got bored, so what happend after that? wink.gif Did you go by another practice routine or did you stick by it?
Have a question too. For example, every kind of C chord will always have the notes C-E-G?
Then, if its a dim chord, it will be C, Eb, Gb, but still C-E-G, then you just sharpen or flat?

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jun 28 2012, 12:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2012, 01:11 PM
Instructor
I stuck with the good one, only I didn't take so much time to perfect it - if I did, I would've been dreaming the fretboard in any position PERIOD! biggrin.gif

Well, to answer your question - for diminished it will be C Eb Gb, but for instance you can have C M7 - C E B excluding the G, if you are in a context where you can use only 3 strings to play your chord wink.gif

Usually, the 5th is neutral, so it can be omitted smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 28 2012, 02:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think Im getting a good grip of this now smile.gif
Knowing what notes make up a chord is vital. A good practical ability I got from this was on the piano.
Know I can play piano chords easily.
On the guitar I already know most chords, the basic ones, not knowing the notes I play.

But when moving on to difficult chords, like you know these jazz chords its vital to know what notes make up a chord smile.gif

So you said you stuck with the good one, its that kind of the methode im using now?

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:41 AM