Lets Try This Again...midi Files In Cuebase.....
GrowingDown1
Nov 4 2007, 07:41 PM
GMC:er
Ok,
I posted this question lready but I think something happened to the text when I submitted it.
I am trying to mix down my project in cuebase. The audio files mix down fine but the midi files wont mix down. I keep getting an error message. The tracks that wont mix down are VST tracks with EZ Drummer loaded into them. Why wont the EZ Drummer tracks mix down?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Robin
Nov 4 2007, 07:50 PM
When I started using Cubase I got the same error EVERY time I tried to mixdown, I just couldnt figure it out. I searched on google and it turned out many people had the same problem.

You know those cursors you put like, on the each side of your project? Right and left. Those need to be on the correct spots. I had the right cursor on the left side and the left cursor on the right side.

I dont know if this is the problem, I'm just throwing it in because me and many others have had this problem before.

Good luck.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2007, 09:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (GrowingDown1 @ Nov 4 2007, 02:41 PM) *
Ok,
I posted this question lready but I think something happened to the text when I submitted it.
I am trying to mix down my project in cuebase. The audio files mix down fine but the midi files wont mix down. I keep getting an error message. The tracks that wont mix down are VST tracks with EZ Drummer loaded into them. Why wont the EZ Drummer tracks mix down?

Telling us what the error message is might help a little ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 5 2007, 01:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 4 2007, 09:50 PM) *
Telling us what the error message is might help a little ...

Yeah,explanation of message might help.
If your audio tracks are exporting fine then location marks are ok.
Perhaps VST's output channels aren't pointed at your main output?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 5 2007, 01:04 AM
The errors I got in Cubase didnt have any explanation at all, and that drove me insane smile.gif
It just said "An error has occured during the mixdown" or something.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 5 2007, 01:24 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
What Robin said earlier about making sure that the right marker is set correctly is right - it's a known issue with Cubase.

Also with midi files in a song the common route is generally to record the midi track/s down to an audio track/s - render all your midi tracks to appropriate audio ones. Once you've done that then you can set the overall mix and then export as an audio file ready for a final stereo version.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 5 2007, 02:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 5 2007, 01:24 AM) *
What Robin said earlier about making sure that the right marker is set correctly is right - it's a known issue with Cubase.

Also with midi files in a song the common route is generally to record the midi track/s down to an audio track/s - render all your midi tracks to appropriate audio ones. Once you've done that then you can set the overall mix and then export as an audio file ready for a final stereo version.

Cheers,
Tony

+ 1

Or even to record it in real time on audio track in Cubase,
after export you need to import it again which might be irritating sometimes. smile.gif
But not sure if you can export it anyhow,regarding to message you've received,
with full mix or alone,it's still the same VST huh.gif

This post has been edited by muris: Nov 5 2007, 02:10 AM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 5 2007, 02:53 AM
Spot on Muris,
I'm guessing that the issue here may lie in not recording the midi to an audio track before trying to save/export etc. Happens a lot.

GrowingDown basically a midi track is information that the sequencer and vst read that tell them what note to play, when, at what velocity and so on. It doesn't however contain any audio. If you try to mixdown or export a midi track to a stereo (audio) mix it won't work as there is no audio. You get round this by recording the midi track on a second pass as an audio track.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 5 2007, 04:39 AM
AFAIK, there is no requirement to render a track to audio before you mixdown, as long as you are using a VSTi to play the midi - I never used to do that (but I haven't used Cubase for 6 months and don't even have it installed now and can't check ...) - anyway, the key is that you are mixing down the master output track, not the individual tracks, should all work fine.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 5 2007, 06:00 AM
Instructor
If you set the markers (so you have a BLUE selection) there should be no problem at all. I have 5 different VST samples running through MIDI tracks and i never had to record MIDI as AUDIO. The usual MIXDOWN works perfectly.

EDIT:

Here is a screenshot. You can see the markers, the MIDI track output set to Philharmonik and the export settings which can be set to whatever you want.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Pavel: Nov 5 2007, 06:10 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 5 2007, 06:15 AM
Comes from me not having touched Cubase in a long time Andrew and Pavel wink.gif . Looks like Cubase does the midi to audio render in mixdown automatically for you then provided that the left and right track markers are set properly smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 5 2007, 06:23 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 5 2007, 12:15 AM) *
Comes from me not having touched Cubase in a long time Andrew and Pavel wink.gif . Looks like Cubase does the midi to audio render in mixdown automatically for you then provided that the left and right track markers are set properly smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Yes, left and right markers are important for sure.

Anyway, back to the original point - we need to know the error message. If you don't set the left and right markers for instance, you get an error message telling you just that ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 5 2007, 07:32 AM
Instructor
But odd thing is that he said audio tracks are rendered fine,which won't be if markers are opposite huh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
GrowingDown1
Nov 6 2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys so much for all the help. I am going to try working the problem using your suggestions. I will let everyone know how it goes. This site is awesome and you guys are awesome. THANKS!!!!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:36 PM