Promoting A Recording, My thoughts for open discussion
PosterBoy
Nov 25 2012, 07:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Something that I've been thinking about as I'm so close to having a really good pc to record on (shame about the speakers I'm using)

I plan to start modestly with a free Americana genre Ep.

Now I know it's putting the cart before the horse in terms of thinking about marketing and promotion, but hey why not I can't do much else at this moment (I'm sitting at work at 6:30am on a Sunday).

Brandon has been giving snippets and teasers whilst he's in the process of recording and writing.

My idea is to do something a little different, and definitely document the process in some way, but (if I have the patience) work on the raw footage and blog ideas after I have completely finished the Ep and treat the promotional side as a project of it's own.

1) To have a better idea of how to 'guide the storyline' of the EPs creation, knowing how it turned out in the end.
2) To be able to focus my time and energies completely on each entity.
3) Having a finished product that you can show potential promotional partners

Brandon has found advantages for his way of doing things as well, I'm sure the studio giving him free session time to track vocals, is only doing it because of the free advertising they'll get through his youtube and facebook updates.

So maybe swings and roundabouts

Thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Patrik Berg
Nov 25 2012, 08:30 AM
GMC:er
Sounds like a good idea to me mate, I'm the worst salesperson ever so marketing totally eludes me but I think if you're passionate about something go for it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Patrik Berg: Nov 25 2012, 08:31 AM

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 25 2012, 09:21 AM
Learning Roadie
I know from previous recording experience that the feel and arrangement of a piece can change quite dramatically due to inspiration or more often from something accidental, so I like the I'd of showing the process after it's all been done, even if it is a misleading timeline.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 25 2012, 11:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 25 2012, 06:36 AM) *
Something that I've been thinking about as I'm so close to having a really good pc to record on (shame about the speakers I'm using)

Now I know it's putting the cart before the horse in terms of thinking about marketing and promotion, but hey why not I can't do much else at this moment (I'm sitting at work at 6:30am on a Sunday).

Brandon has been giving snippets and teasers whilst he's in the process of recording and writing.

My idea is to do something a little different, and definitely document the process in some way, but (if I have the patience) work on the raw footage and blog ideas after I have completely finished the Ep and treat the promotional side as a project of it's own.

1) To have a better idea of how to 'guide the storyline' of the EPs creation, knowing how it turned out in the end.

Brandon has found advantages for his way of doing things as well, I'm sure the studio giving him free session time to track vocals, is only doing it because of the free advertising they'll get through his youtube and facebook updates.

Thoughts?

I love your ideas! I have been promoting my music and tried so many times to get it going! It is not easy but possible! I can help you out with advices in your mentoring thread let me know and I will share my experience!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 28 2012, 02:09 AM
GMC:er
The best way to learn, IMHO is by doing so go for it! I have created an ENTIRE THREAD just for this very topic. Promotion, the web, your music and you smile.gif Here is the link. It's a treasure trove of info.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=36421

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 25 2012, 01:36 AM) *

Thoughts?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:50 AM