Sweeping And Speedpicking. How To Hold The A Pick And What Picks Are?, Picking help plz :)
C.J
Mar 13 2007, 03:38 PM
GMC:er
Hey!
my title's kidna wrong i meant to say ".. WHAT PICKS ARE BEST?". My appologies unsure.gif
Joined GMC yesterday and man i love this place! Real nice job kris! biggrin.gif
i saw the alternate picking video and realised i was kinda holding my pick slanted in the opposite way to Kris's. Didnt think it mattered until i felt like the way i held my pick was a restricting factor when i tried out a couple basics on sweep picking.
I decided to change it and hold the pick like Kris. it kidna looks like this from above: \
The way i used to hold it: /

Ofcourse it seems like a completely new start and playing scales seems like more of a challange but i guess ill get used to it smile.gif

Did i make the right choice though? in changing the way i held it? Doesn it really make a difference or is it just my mind playing tricks? heh

another thign was im having a hard time choosing a pick to use for sweeping and speedpicking.
my current options are:
Jim Dunlop .96mm Nylon
Jim Dunlop .73mm Nylon
and
Jim Dunlop 2.0mm Stubby triangle.

I feel like i could do almost equally well with all three. Whts best for speed picking and sweeping?

Thanks guys biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by C.J: Mar 13 2007, 03:53 PM

--------------------
"Sing. With your head up. With your eyels closed. Not because you love the song. But because you love to sing" - Copeland
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Mar 13 2007, 04:10 PM
GO for the STUBBY !!! its an awesome plectrum and picks very well en sweeps as a demon too.
mayb you should also try the 3.0 mm one. i like that one

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 13 2007, 04:58 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Mar 13 2007, 11:10 AM) *
GO for the STUBBY !!! its an awesome plectrum and picks very well en sweeps as a demon too.
mayb you should also try the 3.0 mm one. i like that one

I asked the same question a month ago and got all of these opinions smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
C.J
Mar 13 2007, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 13 2007, 09:28 PM) *
I asked the same question a month ago and got all of these opinions smile.gif

ezravdb: Thanks man i'l try it when i get the chance smile.gif

Andrew: thanks alot too! heh wish i'd seen your thread before. had a lotta info tht helped. Only thign is i kinda live in the tropics and many of those pics mentioned arent even available here! haha. I bought the stubby from singapore last month. The only Jim Dunlops i've ever seen here are the .46mm, .60mm, .73mm and .96mm. Never seen anythign else and ive been to the 10 best guitar stores here to have a look.

Im gonna try out both the .96mm and the stubby and pick the one i feel best with.

Thanks alot for all the help smile.gif

--------------------
"Sing. With your head up. With your eyels closed. Not because you love the song. But because you love to sing" - Copeland

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:49 PM