12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Collaboration - Slow Neoclassical Solo (discussion And Upload), Harmonic/Natural Minor and Phrygian Dominant lovers come and join
enforcer
Aug 25 2009, 10:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 25 2009, 12:37 PM) *
Ok guys take you time. I am mixing group 1 today so you can send the take tomorrow as well.

great smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 11:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Aug 25 2009, 10:50 AM) *
great smile.gif

But you have sent your one. Are you going to send another? I have already written the comment smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Aug 25 2009, 12:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Emir

I've started a gp5 file to help me compose my solo's a bit better and to help me with writing music.

Just wondering if the backing chords are correct and more or less to the rhythm. I've only done the first part so far as I'm sneakily doing this at work! ohmy.gif

I know the lead is a little basic but I just want to make sure the notes are correct, (they sound ok to me).

I'll will try to record a take later tonight

Cheers

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Crazyfret_Neoclassical_100bpm.gp5 ( 3.76K ) Number of downloads: 136

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
enforcer
Aug 25 2009, 12:09 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 25 2009, 01:01 PM) *
But you have sent your one. Are you going to send another? I have already written the comment smile.gif

no man biggrin.gif I am pleased with what I have sent, I dont know if you are though biggrin.gif

I said "great" because I think I am on the first group biggrin.gif

Will you send all the comments together or group by group?

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 12:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Aug 25 2009, 12:09 PM) *
no man biggrin.gif I am pleased with what I have sent, I dont know if you are though biggrin.gif

I said "great" because I think I am on the first group biggrin.gif

Will you send all the comments together or group by group?

I think I'll have 3 groups if everyone sends takes. Tomorrow I will start posting comments.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 25 2009, 12:20 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 25 2009, 01:17 PM) *
I think I'll have 3 groups if everyone sends takes. Tomorrow I will start posting comments.

Awesome, looking forward to your comments smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 12:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Aug 25 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Hiya Emir

I've started a gp5 file to help me compose my solo's a bit better and to help me with writing music.

Just wondering if the backing chords are correct and more or less to the rhythm. I've only done the first part so far as I'm sneakily doing this at work! ohmy.gif

I know the lead is a little basic but I just want to make sure the notes are correct, (they sound ok to me).

I'll will try to record a take later tonight

Cheers

I wrote all the chords for you. Now you compose your solo. I changed some notes in your start to give you a better idea. Be careful with scales. I will be here most of the day so feel free to ask anything

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Crazyfret_Neoclassical.gp5 ( 7.26K ) Number of downloads: 149

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Aug 25 2009, 12:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 25 2009, 12:32 PM) *
I wrote all the chords for you. Now you compose your solo. I changed some notes in your start to give you a better idea. Be careful with scales. I will be here most of the day so feel free to ask anything

Cheers Emir smile.gif Saved me some work there

Many thanks

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 01:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Aug 25 2009, 12:33 PM) *
Cheers Emir smile.gif Saved me some work there

Many thanks

Don't be scared when you see F#/E. That's just another way of writting F#7 where the bass line plays that b7th interval. Play F# Phrygian Dominant there

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Aug 25 2009, 01:12 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Emir, Just by curious, am I on the first group laugh.gif ?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 25 2009, 01:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm so sorry, but I have to jump off this one sad.gif

I've been busy trying to find a job lately, and have forgotten all about collabs.. I'll tag along on your next one istead smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Aug 25 2009, 01:12 PM) *
Hey Emir, Just by curious, am I on the first group laugh.gif ?

Don't know yet, could be smile.gif

QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 25 2009, 01:50 PM) *
I'm so sorry, but I have to jump off this one sad.gif

I've been busy trying to find a job lately, and have forgotten all about collabs.. I'll tag along on your next one istead smile.gif

Ok Canis no problem. Thanks for trying

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Aug 25 2009, 02:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 25 2009, 01:00 PM) *
Don't be scared when you see F#/E. That's just another way of writting F#7 where the bass line plays that b7th interval. Play F# Phrygian Dominant there

I think I'm getting there with it just coming to the last section and I assume a diminished scale is to be used over the Edim7 and Gdim7 section just wondering which one? I remember somewhere in my theory that there are only 4 whole diminished scale due to their scale pattern, am I right?

Anyway here is the gp5 solo so far

Cheers

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Crazyfret_Neoclassical_Emir.gp5 ( 7.89K ) Number of downloads: 148

--------------------

+Quote Post
twist
Aug 25 2009, 03:42 PM
Hi there,

i finished recording my stuff and here it is:

Attached File  neoclassical_collab_twist_WBT.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 289

Attached File  neoclassical_collab_twist_WOBT.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 240

Since i dont have time to rerecord, this has to be my final take. sad.gif But i hope its good enough now smile.gif And i uploaded a video of my final recording to youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7WfTDoNjc
(Maybe you have to be patient for a few more minutes - youtube is "processing" my video right now)

This post has been edited by twist: Aug 25 2009, 03:44 PM

--------------------
rivers just happen

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Aug 25 2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Emir!
Here's my redone take. Hope it is now OK smile.gif There are some timing mistakes, so I can rerecord it again if needed. Also I attach the dry guitar output in case the sound is bad (I've dialed in more treble and drive) smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  neo_collab_bt.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 456
Attached File  neo_collab_nobt.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 358
Attached File  neo_collab_dry.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 175

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Aug 25 2009, 02:53 PM) *
I think I'm getting there with it just coming to the last section and I assume a diminished scale is to be used over the Edim7 and Gdim7 section just wondering which one? I remember somewhere in my theory that there are only 4 whole diminished scale due to their scale pattern, am I right?

Anyway here is the gp5 solo so far

Cheers

Yes only 4 notes. That's actually the diminished 7 arpeggio which works the best in thus style. In this case E, G, A#, C# are the notes you need. It's been discussed before on this thread smile.gif I hope it helps

QUOTE (twist @ Aug 25 2009, 03:42 PM) *
Hi there,

i finished recording my stuff and here it is:

Attached File  neoclassical_collab_twist_WBT.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 289

Attached File  neoclassical_collab_twist_WOBT.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 240

Since i dont have time to rerecord, this has to be my final take. sad.gif But i hope its good enough now smile.gif And i uploaded a video of my final recording to youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7WfTDoNjc
(Maybe you have to be patient for a few more minutes - youtube is "processing" my video right now)

Thanks Twist I appreciate your time smile.gif

QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Aug 25 2009, 03:43 PM) *
Hi Emir!
Here's my redone take. Hope it is now OK smile.gif There are some timing mistakes, so I can rerecord it again if needed. Also I attach the dry guitar output in case the sound is bad (I've dialed in more treble and drive) smile.gif

Thanks man. Leave it now as we don't have more time. It works like this smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 25 2009, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Aug 24 2009, 08:57 PM) *
@ LeedBreak Emir is a very cool guy that will give it to you nice, straight and honest. Maybe we all have communication issues sometimes because we are an international community but, know one is here to be mean and belittle anyone or anything that is uploaded. I'm looking forward to your final take. smile.gif

Oh I know he is not mean, seems a top notch super guy. wink.gif

Just looks mean LOLOLOL

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 25 2009, 06:32 AM) *

Cool we all need to steel the chord file

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 25 2009, 05:11 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Aug 25 2009, 09:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Hiya Emir

Here's my take its somewhat different to the gp5 file but the ideas are there dry.gif

Its definately not as cool as the entries I've heard so far .....boy there is some gr8 playing on here smile.gif

Thanks for the cool backing and the chance to join the collab I'll need to work a bit harder on these.

This post has been edited by Crazyfret: Aug 25 2009, 09:42 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Crazyfret_Slow_Neoclassical.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 330
Attached File  Crazyfret_Slow_Neoclassical_withoutbt.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 254

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 25 2009, 10:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 25 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Cool we all need to steel the chord file

Yes you can go for it. But I made it all in your GP file you don't need to worry about that anymore smile.gif

QUOTE (Crazyfret @ Aug 25 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Hiya Emir

Here's my take its somewhat different to the gp5 file but the ideas are there dry.gif

Its definately not as cool as the entries I've heard so far .....boy there is some gr8 playing on here smile.gif

Thanks for the cool backing and the chance to join the collab I'll need to work a bit harder on these.

Thanks for your time man. I hope you got some interesting experience from this one smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Aug 25 2009, 10:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Emir,

Here is my take, and am fairly ok with it (am stuffed with work so had very little time to actually record it wink.gif ).

Anyways, attached a dry-take (only distortion) without backing, a take including reverb/delay without backing and a take with backing. Also attached the GP5 file.

I very much enjoyed composing this one, thanks in advance for your comments! smile.gif

Cheers
Roger

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_Emir_VR_noBT_DRY.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 210
Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_Emir_VR_noBT_Effects.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 239
Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_Emir_VR_wBT_Effects.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 365
Attached File  Neoclassical_collab_Emir.gp5 ( 6.47K ) Number of downloads: 141

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:00 PM