2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Beginner Bushido Task 4
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2012, 08:23 PM
Instructor
Task 4 : Attached File  Beginner_Bushido_Lick_2.gp5 ( 3.03K ) Number of downloads: 192
Record and upload your version of this lick by next Thursday 23rd February

You knew this was coming guys, didn't you ? wink.gif

You've done it one way, now it's time to do it the other way !! Having a degree of proficiency in these 3 note per string shapes will allow you to unlock the entire neck.

Everyone will find one way easier than the other way so don't be confused or annoyed if it's more difficult than the previous lick.. if it's easier to do it this way then great smile.gif

The same thing about speed applies as well.. don't worry about the tempo you record it at. If you're able to make good progress in speed throughout the week then that's great but ultimately, record it at a speed that is comfortable enough for you to keep good synchronisation between your hands.

Every Task so far has been dedicated towards alternate picking and hand synch.. next week will be a different direction ! Enjoy ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cem
Feb 16 2012, 08:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
I wouldn't be surprised if that was Killer Pentatonics of Wylde lesson tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Feb 19 2012, 01:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi all,

I've made some cool backtracks for this week lesson, check them out smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  BeginnerBushidoTask4_90bpm.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 117
Attached File  BeginnerBushidoTask4_100bpm.mp3 ( 939.79K ) Number of downloads: 142
Attached File  BeginnerBushidoTask4_110bpm.mp3 ( 901.02K ) Number of downloads: 101
Attached File  BeginnerBushidoTask4_120bpm.mp3 ( 822.45K ) Number of downloads: 158

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 19 2012, 04:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Olivier777 @ Feb 19 2012, 12:52 PM) *
Hi all,

Cool ! cool.gif Makes it a little more interesting !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Feb 19 2012, 05:04 PM
Hello again,

Here is my take for this cool alternate picking exercice. I started at 90bpm and ended up being able to play it at 120.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 19 2012, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Olivier777 @ Feb 19 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Hello again,

Here is my take for this cool alternate picking exercice. I started at 90bpm and ended up being able to play it at 120.

Thank you for your take Olivier.. I love your video.. you even got a shot of the Temple !!! biggrin.gif

This is good but I would say you should slow down a bit more as the synch isn't quite there at 130bpm smile.gif

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Feb 19 2012, 05:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 19 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Thank you for your take Olivier.. I love your video.. you even got a shot of the Temple !!! biggrin.gif

This is good but I would say you should slow down a bit more as the synch isn't quite there at 130bpm smile.gif

Ha yes that's what I thought after rewatching it a few times... I guess I'll work on it a bit more then ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 19 2012, 09:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome, thanks a lot mate!

QUOTE (Olivier777 @ Feb 19 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Hi all,

+Quote Post
Cem
Feb 19 2012, 10:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Olivier777 @ Feb 19 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Hello again,

Nice take man, congratulations wink.gif

One thing I noticed, you have only one finger touching down to the neck when playing. Try playing with fixing your fingers to frets e.g. when playing 5-7-9, fix your index finger at 5, and when going from 9 to 5, lift your pinky and middle finger simultaneously.

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Feb 20 2012, 12:08 PM
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 19 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Awesome, thanks a lot mate!

I'm glad you like it ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Cem @ Feb 19 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Nice take man, congratulations wink.gif

One thing I noticed, you have only one finger touching down to the neck when playing. Try playing with fixing your fingers to frets e.g. when playing 5-7-9, fix your index finger at 5, and when going from 9 to 5, lift your pinky and middle finger simultaneously.

Hey Cem thank you for your feedback, regarding my index finger position, it is something I was actually wondering about. Somehow maybe at the time I figured I would have better control over I don't know what by playing it this way. rolleyes.gif
I will practice this lick the way you are suggesting from now on.

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 20 2012, 09:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Master, this is what I have so far..
my guitar is tuned down a half step because of another lesson I'm doing atm, hope that's OK (@Olivier: I'm using them for another recording for this task for sure!)
These ones I played to a metronome..

Attached File  Lick2_80bpm.mp3 ( 843.66K ) Number of downloads: 139

Attached File  Lick2_90bpm.mp3 ( 750.38K ) Number of downloads: 127

Attached File  Lick2_100bpm.mp3 ( 703.48K ) Number of downloads: 137

back to practice..

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 21 2012, 10:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 20 2012, 08:58 PM) *
Master, this is what I have so far..
my guitar is tuned down a half step because of another lesson I'm doing atm, hope that's OK (@Olivier: I'm using them for another recording for this task for sure!)
These ones I played to a metronome..

Attached File  Lick2_80bpm.mp3 ( 843.66K ) Number of downloads: 139

Attached File  Lick2_90bpm.mp3 ( 750.38K ) Number of downloads: 127

Attached File  Lick2_100bpm.mp3 ( 703.48K ) Number of downloads: 137

back to practice..

Guten morgen Mad

This is very good. I would perhaps suggest one thing to help you when going up to higher tempos like 100bpm.. instead of playing it all together without stopping, break the phrases up so you have pauses. This will make it easier for you to play quality repetitions at this speed without getting too tangled up.

This is what I do when practising things at higher speeds. If I plough ahead without stopping I'll make a mistake and get tired etc.. so I do a small amount of reps to ensure that I'm practising good quality stuff ! smile.gif

These patterns are things that you can always put in your practise routine from now on.. just 5 mins of these will be good to do. This will set you up for when you start to tackle other picking exercises because you'll find that these shapes will feature in most of them.

+Quote Post
zoom
Feb 23 2012, 01:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Here I am again with a 150bpm. Found this a bit harder than descending. Good exercise Ben.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 23 2012, 10:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Feb 23 2012, 12:21 AM) *
Here I am again with a 150bpm. Found this a bit harder than descending. Good exercise Ben.

Excellent work my friend ! You've got really good hand co ordination and timing wink.gif

I also find this ascending pattern more demanding and more energy consuming. I'm not sure why.. I think the way the fingers flow from index to pinky doesn't seem as smooth as doing it the other way. If you just hold your hand out in mid air and try and roll your fingers in order you can feel the difference there ! Although as ever, more practice makes it better !

Well done guys for all your work in this Task.. Task 5 will be available shortly so keep your eyes open for it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Feb 24 2012, 03:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Ben - I'm sorry that it is taking me so long to record a take. I'm a full time working father of three, so life can get a little hectic! I'll get the take recorded and posted tonight if that's ok!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Feb 24 2012, 02:36 PM) *
Ben - I'm sorry that it is taking me so long to record a take. I'm a full time working father of three, so life can get a little hectic! I'll get the take recorded and posted tonight if that's ok!

Yeah that's totally fine, I understand completely !!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Feb 24 2012, 02:36 PM) *

Yeah that's totally fine, I understand completely !!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Mar 1 2012, 07:02 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sensei, I came back to this Task today - after this week of rhythm.
I did some improvement though, maybe you can take a look if I'm going into the correct direction when going faster..

btw - even it's not perfect, I never thought I can play that 'fast' ...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 2 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Mar 1 2012, 06:02 PM) *
Sensei, I came back to this Task today - after this week of rhythm.
I did some improvement though, maybe you can take a look if I'm going into the correct direction when going faster..

btw - even it's not perfect, I never thought I can play that 'fast' ...

Oh wow - I'm not just impressed, I'm ultra impressed ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Your timing is impeccable and you look relaxed throughout. Ironically, the hand synch gets even better as you go faster. However, this is probably because the more warmed up you get and the more you play something, you get more 'locked in' after a while so this is just fantastic !

Out of all the 'shapes', the first one is probably the weakest.. the one where you use index, ring and pinky fingers. It's not bad by any means, but compared to the other ones it's not quite as tight as they are smile.gif

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Mar 19 2012, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
Initially I was having a little trouble with this.
But as you keep saying, work on getting the sync right at slower speeds.
So I spent more time with it slowed way down and trying to relax. To work on getting the muscle memory right.
That helped a lot. Anyways, here is my take at 100 bpm.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:03 PM